Thumbs up awesome Thursday night at Cedar Lake

You'd be hard pressed to find a track as exciting as Cedar Lake. For drivers it is high-banked, hammer down, demanding, tricky, dangerous---but exhilarating when you master it. I was seated up close to the catch fence on turn two. I was in awe of the rim riders who kept the hammer mashed as that
    menacing 3 to 4 feet concrete wall welcomed them--but the track is wonderfully designed so that your tires will bite and send you down the hill if you have the balls to keep the hammer down. For the fans
    it was an exciting night---both late model features. I don't know how the lawn mower feature will be in the indoor arena today. ---hee hee hee
    I have no business or relative ties to the Cedar Lake Speedway whatsoever, so when I brag about it I am only reporting what I see. Sadly I hear that dirt tracks are closing. I hear that Cedar Lake is far away from where the racers are. However, every year the owners keep pouring tons of money into upgrades. I've heard there are 1,000 camp sites. I don't know because I haven't counted them---hee hee hee. I do know that drivers came from a great distance to race at Cedar Lake---Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Texas, Oregon, Canada, Australia, South Carolina, Texas, Kansas, Tennessee, Indiana, Ohio, Florida, and others from areas closer to CLS. Hats off to the ballsy drivers who take on Cedar Lake ! If you can master this track, you will have an exciting high.
    Blessings !
    Jim Hanson
    ---and hats off to that chaplain who prays before the race----bingo ! Even my son was impressed.

They put a lot into the facility which is great to see. Our whole group is camped at River’s Edge and they’re offering free shuttle service to and from the track now. I guess they can’t fit any more campers at the track so this place made a deal with the owners of CLS this guy was saying. They have been picking up tubers during the day of course for many years but now they’re doing it for the races. First year doing it. Next year they said they have a full blown bus that’s getting a special wrap specifically for that purpose aside from their regular busses. It’s sitting with all their other ones just painted black right now. Sorta cool. Awesome features. Hopefully they get the track a little more even for the heats tonight. Last night it was so fast up top in the heats it made it tough to pass. Only real complaint because it was great overall. Sitting next to a guy from South Carolina last night that has never been there. He was at I-80, PDC, the other WI. races, and will end his trek at Florence next week before returning home. He loved it. Talked a lot about how much better the dirt we have in the north is compared to where he’s at. Said their stuff is really fine and powdery where this darker stuff is more chunky.
    Last edited by GregA12; 08-03-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanson View Post
    You'd be hard pressed to find a track as exciting as Cedar Lake. For drivers it is high-banked, hammer down, demanding, tricky, dangerous---but exhilarating when you master it. I was seated up close to the catch fence on turn two. I was in awe of the rim riders who kept the hammer mashed as that
    menacing 3 to 4 feet concrete wall welcomed them--but the track is wonderfully designed so that your tires will bite and send you down the hill if you have the balls to keep the hammer down. For the fans
    it was an exciting night---both late model features. I don't know how the lawn mower feature will be in the indoor arena today. ---hee hee hee
    I have no business or relative ties to the Cedar Lake Speedway whatsoever, so when I brag about it I am only reporting what I see. Sadly I hear that dirt tracks are closing. I hear that Cedar Lake is far away from where the racers are. However, every year the owners keep pouring tons of money into upgrades. I've heard there are 1,000 camp sites. I don't know because I haven't counted them---hee hee hee. I do know that drivers came from a great distance to race at Cedar Lake---Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Texas, Oregon, Canada, Australia, South Carolina, Texas, Kansas, Tennessee, Indiana, Ohio, Florida, and others from areas closer to CLS. Hats off to the ballsy drivers who take on Cedar Lake ! If you can master this track, you will have an exciting high.
    Blessings !
    Jim Hanson
    ---and hats off to that chaplain who prays before the race----bingo ! Even my son was impressed.
    I thought Fairbury was the greatest track on the planet.....

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I thought Fairbury was the greatest track on the planet.....
    We all know one thing for sure. It is most definitely YOUR favorite track. I mean you constantly brag about FALS. Anything related to the track Ptown is sure to come along with a comment. "FALS, PTOWN'S DIRT TRACK."

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    We all know one thing for sure. It is most definitely YOUR favorite track. I mean you constantly brag about FALS. Anything related to the track Ptown is sure to come along with a comment. "FALS, PTOWN'S DIRT TRACK."
    The self appointed Fairbury apologist jumps in like a protective mother hen....lol

Both features were very good. Two last lap passes in both of them. Tonight double heats with passing points. Im not sure if Woo has ever done passing points before? I know alot of drivers on that tour don't care for that format. (Shane Clanton) Lol...

That's what makes Cedar Lake such a fan favorite. The owners know they must make it exciting so the ticket buyers will pay big bucks. When the purse is big, and the event has great history and prestige, the drivers will come. If the drivers go waa-waa-waa, the owners side with the fans. Sometimes when Cedar Lake keeps doctoring the track, and even farming it when necessary, the drivers go waa-waa-waa -----and the Cedar Lake owners go too bad-too bad-too bad. Oh, they are nice guys, great people, but they totally GET IT that IF THEY LOSE THE LOVE OF THE FANS they would be belly up like so many others.

I like the fact that other places in and around the area of the big events such as this are also willing to give people visiting a good time and willing to go the extra mile for fans during the day down time. It's just extra revenue for them. I've seen tracks where the businesses around them boom during racing season.

---good point

Seems to be a lot of Hansons in that part of the country.

yah--Olson, Johnson, Peterson, Swenson, Nelson, Olafson and on and on ---hee hee hee

Glad to see the passing point format should be that way every event instead of the train racing format they all try to run anymore done spending money to watch that type of deal I have a set of train tracks a mile south and north of the house can watch them any day I want to see there normal program. If these are supposed to be the best of the best then make them put on a show I-80 has it this way and so does Cedar Lake for there big events more tracks need to step up to this format fans want to see some racing and passing not locked down train show.

Super job Cedar Lake
    -Adam Conners