Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Owens

Default Jimmy Owens

Why did Jimmy ever get out of a Bloomquist chassis? I suppose Bloomquist wanted him out of it, since Jimmy was winning a lot. Because this Rocket chassis isn’t doing him much good. Is Jimmy hard to work with or what? I’ve met him through a friend that once worked for him, and he was friendly as could be. Jimmy needs to step it up, this is getting ridiculous.

I know I will catch a lot of smack from all the Bloomquist haters.

He was great til he got caught doping his tires then his performance went to hell.Feger was fast as hell til he got caught as well.Coincedence??????????

Thats how them bloomer chassis are. They win w the funny tires.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Default Bumpandrun

Unlike the one moron on here, and the other person who only thinks Jimmy won because of dirty tires, there are a number of things. Maybe he needs a device honestly.

Jimmy lost Chris Fox. I think he was running really well, and Bloomer and him were not sharing information. So I think they mutually got fed up with each other and split. You’re 100% correct, he was his best with Scott. I’m sure it was only because of dirty tires says some very smart individuals (insert sarcasm). I think they fit him really well, and supposedly he has tried to get back in them. And Scott will not sell him a car.

So really it’s just Jimmy getting himself squared away with the XR1. Because I don’t know that an SB car will ever happen again for him. He could always try a device, maybe have an engineer be the brains behind his operation, something along them lines.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Sounds like Jimmy may be done with Lucas after this year. Supposedly he wants to run Ray Cooks deal. Says there is too much drama in the Lucas series, he wants to race and have fun. That came from a crew guy at fairbury, don't shoot the messenger.

I hear there is a Owens designed chassis that has been running some limited late shows in Tennessee, and has been doing very well.

I think Jimmy has always been one of those ones that over thinks everything, and it hurts him a lot. When Chris was there, he was able to keep on the right path so to say. Nothing against the guys he has now, I just don't think those rocket cars fit his style entirely. His style is more of like a Bloomquist or McDowell. I'd like to see him back in one of those cars again just to see how he would do, I doubt we will ever see it happen though.

More to come!

Was he not the driver to beat at Wheatland ? I could see him win Saturday @ Cedar Lake and take all that cash.

He was one of two to beat at Wheatland. But Jimmy seemed to be pushing hard, on the limits of car control at times. And all the while ole Bloomwhiz was stalking, under control, straight lining it around the track. Could almost feel a hiccup coming for Owens and it did.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I hear there is a Owens designed chassis that has been running some limited late shows in Tennessee, and has been doing very well.

I think Jimmy has always been one of those ones that over thinks everything, and it hurts him a lot. When Chris was there, he was able to keep on the right path so to say. Nothing against the guys he has now, I just don't think those rocket cars fit his style entirely. His style is more of like a Bloomquist or McDowell. I'd like to see him back in one of those cars again just to see how he would do, I doubt we will ever see it happen though.
    Jimmy ran well in the BWRC when he wasn't having equipment and engine failures. The addition of Madden has solidified their setups and he is also an Ex-Zero driver too. Madden and Jimmy have similar styles and chassis background and so maybe a return to BWRC would suit him better at this point. That and BWRC has always had a link or back channel to Bloomquist tech too. To me the BWRC would make the most sense for Jimmy since Zero is off the table. I think Jimmy ran good initially with C29 because when he first switched the, "Split Birdcage" was still legal and Lanigan knew how to get the most from that before being made illegal in 2016. JMO

Looks good going into it tonight, won it in 2014...well see how the rocket holds up in the 100 lapper...

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    More to come!
    yep , first off , i guess its hard for some people to understand the demands of raising a young son , it is a distraction from racing , and one well worth it , I know because i have raised a boy and a girl(tom boy) by my self and it limited my racing tremendously , there both about grown now , if there is such a thing ,lol, and were headed back stronger than ever to the sport we all love. as for Jimmy , dont let to many cats out of the bag ZYoung25 , because as ole SS said "more to come"..........

Agree CnB and Cage

Think jimmy was little better the Bloomquist cars but he running really good still beating Scott in that disco car. Fox retired, jimmy was still in points battle with don. That nasty wreck at Knoxville think he was mentality spooked for awhile or he was hurting not telling anyone.

He's having a year that a lot of drivers would be perfectly happy with.

Although, he probably should have switched to the WoO when he was kicking around the idea, though. Being closer to other highly competitive Rockets would only help.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post

Heard Jimmy speak a few years ago at the forum during the Knoxville race. He was confident they would start building a late model LG2 at some point. He also said that he wouldn’t be on Lucas series forever and with his son getting older I wouldn’t be shocked if he was off the tour in 2019.

Jimmy was his best in the bloomer chassis. He spent some time at richards place earlier this yr and ran decent after that but has fallen off since in his xr1.

Default Husker

I think Nathan is 8 or so now and yeah, definitely see him stepping back to do more with his son. Definitely more important than racing full time.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Jimmy ran well in the BWRC when he wasn't having equipment and engine failures. The addition of Madden has solidified their setups and he is also an Ex-Zero driver too. Madden and Jimmy have similar styles and chassis background and so maybe a return to BWRC would suit him better at this point. That and BWRC has always had a link or back channel to Bloomquist tech too. To me the BWRC would make the most sense for Jimmy since Zero is off the table. I think Jimmy ran good initially with C29 because when he first switched the, "Split Birdcage" was still legal and Lanigan knew how to get the most from that before being made illegal in 2016. JMO
    I agree with the BWRC being next to the Bloomquist cars. I think that's where they went wrong in in 2017 with Davenport behind the wheel. Those cars did not have the same attitude as the wright cars from the past, looked they had about 30" of drop in them(exaggeration), which made the cars look like they were about to flip over. The cars that Madden and Millwood drive, don't look like that at all.

I figured when Owens was in those cars a few years ago, we would see the old Jimmy again. Something just didn't click there for some strange reason, I dont think the custom power plants was a good choice for one either. I'd like to see him give that chassis another go though, if he doesn't do his own deal.

I look for him drop back and run regional soon. His kid is growing up, and he's missing it.

I still say the good thing about Madden and BWRC is Madden just lives down the road from the shop.