Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LaSalle...

To each their own. Give me a 30 car Deery lm field and 40 car IMCA mod field on a tacky, racy track and I will pay the $30. Some would prefer a time trial format with a track that is burned up by feature time and where there is great disparity from the front runners to the lappers. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by allWIS1 View Post
    That's a $20 show in Iowa. What they thinking?
    You got a $30 show in Illinois and didn't have to listen to an anoying announcer. Thanks Tony! 👍

From what I've heard, the attendance was very poor last night.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Iowa style racing in Illinois is not a good recipe for success. On another note the stands would have been packed for that Lucas race he canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Didn't have an effect on the racing that went on. No it wasn't a full house but those who where there im sure wasn't at all sorry they went. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    With some good promoting i could see a good year end special for this type of car if it included Imca, Wissota and "steel" block cars... $10g to win would put that race on a lot of racers radar.
    That's essentially what the support class will be for the Knoxville Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    You got a $30 show in Illinois and didn't have to listen to an anoying announcer. Thanks Tony! 
    Yep, PA not working sometimes that's worth 10 bucks.

Those rules are close to wissota as far as the spec engine... i couldnt run my junk in Imca without spending $3g to meet their rules but its not all about me. This stuff isnt that far removed from what we had 20 years ago before the high dollar wide bore stuff came along.

With some good promoting i could see a good year end special for this type of car if it included Imca, Wissota and "steel" block cars... $10g to win would put that race on a lot of racers radar.
    In Nebraska we have the SLMR series which is pretty close to IMCA and Wissota. A good chunk of those cars have dropped in time or two. They’ve had a 5300 to win race and have several 3k to win races on the schedule.

First time ever at Lasalle and I will say that track is awesome. I wish it was closer because that 4 hour drive home was a killer, had to stop at the rest stop in Tiffin and sleep for a few hours. I'm really disappointed in myself that I didn't go to the One Night Stand races they had the last couple years, but going forward if there's an IMCA Late Model special there I'll try my hardest to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Iowa style racing in Illinois is not a good recipe for success. On another note the stands would have been packed for that Lucas race he canceled.
    Well the thing with that also is guys are running for points at other tracks as well along with state, regional and national. It probably wasn't a IMCA points event was it?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Well the thing with that also is guys are running for points at other tracks as well along with state, regional and national. It probably wasn't a IMCA points event was it?
    It was an IMCA event that counted for Deery and National points. No other IMCA Late Model tracks were running last night, Lasalle was the only IMCA Late Model show going on.

Yes it was an IMCA Points event. Its been an IMCA Points event each year they've had this show.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Frank you're always bablling with no clue aren't you

And the modifieds were $3,000 to win. $30 really isn't that unreasonable, especially if you want racing to continue. How much money and time was spent on the cars that were at LaSalle? You want great entertainment, and you think it should be $10 or free. Actually gate prices and payouts haven't kept up with car costs.

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Frank you're always bablling with no clue aren't you
    No. I was asking a question. That's why I used a question mark at the end.

Fact is the casual fan is NOT going to spend 20/30 dollars a piece to watch a dirt race, that's the cold hard truth

Heard on FB that they had 90 cars and it was a great show ..
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

To be clear, 90 cars across 3 classes. Better than a weekly night, but nothing spectacular.

My point was several folks chimed in about the quality of the racing... The car count really was secondary to the show IMHO of course.

If Blackie was the trophy girl it would have been a Crown Jewel...
    Last edited by Krooser; 08-06-2018 at 03:24 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

The mod race was really good. Not sure about the sport mods as I was in lineup for my feature. And everyone I talked to said our Late Model feature was a good one.