Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tracks and state

How many tracks from states that race late models i will start with my state ky. Florence,richmond,201,lucky 7,ponderosa, lake cumberland, sad that ky is down to 6 tracks and 5 are Saturday night tracks and the friday night track only races once a month ky race fans pretty much have to go north of the ohio river just to see a good race move on to indiana other than brownstown what tracks race late models

Maryland, we have Potomac, Hagerstown and Cumberland. The last 2 might as well be considered PA tracks

South Carolina has Cherokee, Lancaster, Laurens, and Travelers Rest they run crates and do have several specials a year for supers

Mississippi has Magnolia, Whynot, Greenville, Hattiesburg, Jackson, Columbus, Pine Ridge

Pennsylvania: There are quite a few: Bedford, Dog Hollow, Lernerville, Port Royal, PMS(track has them as a regular division, not sure how regular super's are), Eriez, Selingsgrove, Williams Grove (mix of supers and 358), Grandview (358's), Clinton County (limited's), Path Valley (steel block). Then there are other tracks that just run Crate lates.

West Virginia: Tyler County, Ohio Valley, I-77, Elkins, Beckley

Quote Originally Posted by Pull_bar View Post
    Pennsylvania: There are quite a few: Bedford, Dog Hollow, Lernerville, Port Royal, PMS(track has them as a regular division, not sure how regular super's are), Eriez, Selingsgrove, Williams Grove (mix of supers and 358), Grandview (358's), Clinton County (limited's), Path Valley (steel block). Then there are other tracks that just run Crate lates.
    You forgot Thunder Mountain and Hummingbird. Both run supers.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 08-06-2018 at 06:52 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Michigan: I-96 Speedway,Thunderbird Raceway, Merritt Speedway, Crystal Speedway, Tri-City Speedway, Winston Speedway. I-96 and Merritt are the only tracks left in Michigan that are UMP sanctioned for LM’s.
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    South Carolina has Cherokee, Lancaster, Laurens, and Travelers Rest they run crates and do have several specials a year for supers
    You could throw Modoc in there although they only run specials throughout the year.

Georgia

Dixie Speedway, Rome (6-7 times a year), Senoia Raceway, Hartwell Speedway, Toccoa Speedway, Winder-Barrow Speedway, Lavonia Speedway, Blue Ridge Motorsports Complex, Boyd's Speedway, North Georgia Speedway (Monthly), Cochran Speedway, Needmore Speedway, Golden Isles Speedway, Oglethorpe Speedway Park, Swainsboro. Screven (Specials only)

Not sure if open: Waycross, 441, Albany
    Last edited by weatherman85; 08-06-2018 at 03:39 PM.

@ weatherman85 What would be the biggest race in Georgia you'd recommend to an out of towner?

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Georgia

Dixie Speedway, Senoia Raceway, Hartwell Speedway, Toccoa Speedway, Winder-Barrow Speedway, Blue Ridge Motorsports Complex, Boyd's Speedway, North Georgia Speedway (Monthly), Cochran Speedway, Needmore Speedway, Golden Isles Speedway, Oglethorpe Speedway Park, Swainsboro. Screven (Specials only)

Not sure if open: Waycross, 441, Albany
    Nice list for GA! None run supers every week anymore, Sadly! Those days are probably gone for good! Guess we should be glad for what we do have!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocal145 View Post
    @ weatherman85 What would be the biggest race in Georgia you'd recommend to an out of towner?
    I'm not W85, but I'll add my 2 cents! I would say the Lucas Dixie and Rome weekend in late Sept. Watch most of the stars! Even catch the just into NC, Ray Cook's Tri County race then too. Curious to see what W85 says.

GeorgiaDixie Speedway, Senoia Raceway, Hartwell Speedway, Toccoa Speedway, Winder-Barrow Speedway, Blue Ridge Motorsports Complex, Boyd's Speedway, North Georgia Speedway (Monthly), Cochran Speedway, Needmore Speedway, Golden Isles Speedway, Oglethorpe Speedway Park, Swainsboro. Screven (Specials only)Not sure if open: Waycross, 441, Albany
    I don't see Rome.

You could throw Modoc in there although they only run specials throughout the year.
    Also forgot Sumter.

North Carolina....Tri-County, Carolina, Fayetteville, The Dirt Track at Charlotte, Harris, Antioch, Mtn View, Friendship, 311, Clary's, County line, East Lincoln

@Rocal 145

I would for sure say the Lucas Oil weekend at Dixie/Rome would be the event(s) to check out. Rome is a joint that everyone should experience and would be the one I'd say go to if you could only do one. It's really cool to see the supers run uphill on the backstretch and then downhill on the front as the track is slanted. Super fast place. Try to catch both though if you can. Both tracks are owned by the Swims family with Dixie being the weekly joint ran on Saturdays and Rome is ran about once a month on Sundays through the year. Great racing at Dixie too.

Senoia is another place you should check out when they have a big race. It used to be asphalt until the past decade. If you walk up from a distance though you still might think it's asphalt as they have gray gumbo clay for the racing surface. Don't ever recall seeing a bad show there since they widened the track and put the gumbo down.

I haven't been in a few years but the Showdown on the Coast at Oglethorpe Speedway Park used to be one of my favorite events to attend. Track is near Savanah Ga. which is also a cool town to visit. Always thought the joint was unique as it had a bar under the grandstands that you could walk in and chill. They had TVs hanging up that showed racing on the track. Now do understand that this was not your typical Race coverage you see on Nascar. Just static camera that showed a few angles of the track. Thought it was cool you could sit in there and drink a beer without missing any of the on track action. Racing wasn't always the best but they recently reconfigured the track and I heard it's a lot better but haven't been to see for my self.

Last little ping I'll throw a Ga track is North Georgia Speedway which sadly only runs 6-7 times a year now. Till this day it is still the track where Supers visibly looked the fastest to me. Was an Ultimate show a few years back that McDowell passed Chris Madden to win. Late night as it was delayed by rain which made the place hammerdown tacky. I swear no one was ever lifting and they just looked like they were flying!!!

@champion24

I don't know how I forgot Rome but I also forgot Lavonia which is the track I grew up going to as a kid and teenager. Added both to the list.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 08-06-2018 at 04:02 PM.

You could also add Lake View Motor Speedway to the list of SC and Dixieland speedway for NC.

Here in Bama there are decent number of tracks that run Late Models.

Tri-County
    East Alabama Motor Speedway
    North Alabama Speedway
    Moulton Raceway
    ECM Speedway
    Ft.Payne Motor Speedway

However if you would like to see weekly Super Late's, here at Talladega, we run them weekly along with Durr/Layne Crates, Limited Late's (Steel Block)and the 602 LM Sportsmen.

Usually during NASCAR weekends, twice a year,on Friday and Saturday, we will have anywhere from 125 to 150 Late Models in the pits, best in Bama.

Late Model Mark
    TST Racecaller

No supers here in FL but all tracks run some type steelhead, llm, or crate!
    North Fla, Alltech, Volusia, Bubba, Eastbay, Southern.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!