Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Ralph Latham track conditions!

Wow, the track was extremely dangerous and horrible for the fans! Ive been to some bad races and this was towards the top! It seems like almost every time I go to a Lucas oil series race, it usually isnt very good, lets hope saturday is different! Between the track conditions and the flagman they are lucky nobody got hurt there tonight. Its almost like Lucas oil series have no desire anymore to have a good track for heats. Besides that, to them its no big deal they give out provisionals. And speaking of that, everybody always want to talk about what is a crown jewel and what is not! Any race that gives out provisional to start is not a crown jewel. Provisionals for so called crown jewels is a joke!

If they would've canceled, everybody would have whined they called it and could have ran. They ran and every body complains about it being rough. Yes, the track was awful, worst I've ever seen the place. And I've been going there for over 25 years now. They got absoultely dumped on around the noon-1pm time. With the how wet the ground was from the previous amount of rain we had already gotten, it was bound to be a mess. There was no way they could make every one happy on this deal. It was either cancel it and catch hell, or run it with the same result. So what should they do if this same thing happens tomorrow?

Who cares if track was rough at least they raced do the so called pros bloomer,davenport, owens,richard,pierce need a smooth black track to beat up on the smaller teams a rough track makes them drive the car more actually see who has skill davenport broke hitting a rut that he knew was there for 21 previous laps but he tried pulling the caution out hoping the rain would come before halfway he litterly drives it to entrance of infield and stops he couldve drove in another 5 foot the keep race going liked seeing hudson erb satterlee get top 3s drivers that havnt finished that good for while

But i do agree on flagman been saying for last couple years he needs to go worst ever at any track think the kings know it but just dont want to feel bad getting rid of him

First off the Cincy area has been HAMMERED with rain all summer... it rained Tuesday... and Florence can’t help that... if they had cancelled you would have been at the fore front complaining about the call... people like you are probably never happy... secondly about no crown jewel should give provisionals... well tonight wasn’t a crown jewel... and even the World 100 has provisionals (fast time provisionals) and I dare you to tell
    Me it isn’t a crown jewel....

A little idea of what the track conditions were like. https://www.facebook.com/29485006062...9784154463163/

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    A little idea of what the track conditions were like. https://www.facebook.com/29485006062...9784154463163/
    That doesn’t tell me much... Jason Jameson could do that on a smooth track

Ive done worse unhooking my car from the tow bar...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

True enough. The track was pretty bad. At least as bad as I've seen it. They will work their butts off to make it much better for the weekend show.

Fast time provisional not = to points provisional.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

If it's too rough there is always asphalt Larry Moore.

Track conditions are getting magnified by these collapse rf setups, car is already half turning over to begin with, promoters are now feeling the effects of these guys extreme setups, needing to produce a baby bottom smooth track for these guys. Not saying the track wasnt trash, but it is magnified by these guys digging their noses and bodies in the ground every corner...

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsbluer2 View Post
    Who cares if track was rough at least they raced do the so called pros bloomer,davenport, owens,richard,pierce need a smooth black track to beat up on the smaller teams a rough track makes them drive the car more actually see who has skill davenport broke hitting a rut that he knew was there for 21 previous laps but he tried pulling the caution out hoping the rain would come before halfway he litterly drives it to entrance of infield and stops he couldve drove in another 5 foot the keep race going liked seeing hudson erb satterlee get top 3s drivers that havnt finished that good for while

It takes way more skill to drive in the slick than it does in the hammer down stuff.

Track was terrible racing wasnt much better quick to call it a night after the 2nd brief shower which was no more than the 1st shower but they were going to make sure they got half way so they could call it. Sure would hate to know i was destroying my car in a mess like that if i was racing Saturday for $50,000 Easy come easy go.

I have no doubt the king crew will fix the problem for nite two ....

Track was bad, but not the worse i have seen there @Florence. King will get it right tonight i have no doubts, you miss the set up sometimes.

As for calling it early at 25 laps, well it was the right call in hindsight. During the post race festivities it came a gullywasher, and would of took a bit of time to get that track back in shape.

I was really cheering for that 94 car in the B main, man i was hoping he would of made the show !

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Track conditions are getting magnified by these collapse rf setups, car is already half turning over to begin with, promoters are now feeling the effects of these guys extreme setups, needing to produce a baby bottom smooth track for these guys. Not saying the track wasnt trash, but it is magnified by these guys digging their noses and bodies in the ground every corner...
    The track wasn't that bad compared to some tracks I'd seen race years ago. It wasn't super rough, rutted, and chunking as much as it was bumpy and wavy. But the cars seem to bee sprung so stiff, and with the tight turns at Florence they were popping, bouncing, and chattering through the turns terribly.

Part of the early call at 25 laps was probably not to tear anymore equipment up, while they had an excuse to call it.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Track was bad, but not the worse i have seen there @Florence. King will get it right tonight i have no doubts, you miss the set up sometimes.

As for calling it early at 25 laps, well it was the right call in hindsight. During the post race festivities it came a gullywasher, and would of took a bit of time to get that track back in shape.

I was really cheering for that 94 car in the B main, man i was hoping he would of made the show !
    The track has not been as smooth, as it once was, since they reworked the corners. I am sure it will be better, but I think the Florence of 15 years ago is gone for a while if not permanently. However, as has been mentioned above, part of the problem is the cars. In 1995, that track would have been 100% ok.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

That's a rollover, it happens even on smooth dry slick tracks too. lol

I didn't make it to Hot Laps, but i figured they were carving pretty hard on the water line, i call it.

Personally i think the track needs an overhaul, regrade the entire thing. If you ever dove a car around it you will know what i mean. It looks way different in the seat. Now its been about 6 years since i drove around it, but...

Just say no...