Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The track has not been as smooth, as it once was, since they reworked the corners. I am sure it will be better, but I think the Florence of 15 years ago is gone for a while if not permanently. However, as has been mentioned above, part of the problem is the cars. In 1995, that track would have been 100% ok.
    Yes, the drivers/owners seem to insist on them making the track fit the car setup instead of making the drivers fit the car to the track conditions. You would think they are running on blacktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    I didn't make it to Hot Laps, but i figured they were carving pretty hard on the water line, i call it.

Personally i think the track needs an overhaul, regrade the entire thing. If you ever dove a car around it you will know what i mean. It looks way different in the seat. Now its been about 6 years since i drove around it, but...
    Considering all the rain they have had, if there was time to do it, I would have disked the track down nearly a foot (straighaways not as much) and watered it slightly and then sheepfooted the whole track and continued to repeat those steps until the whole track was uniform or close to it in moisture content. Then the track would have been much more consistent and not have spots that dug out around hard, drier spots on the track. It would have been much more self smoothing as the moist clay would fill and repack in the low spots under hot lap and racing conditions.

Providing the clay itself is pretty pure and with little or no sand.

I'm sure that the alternative of sheep footing and feathering dirt with the grader, and then a ton of more sheep footing is going to be the choice though.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    It takes way more skill to drive in the slick than it does in the hammer down stuff.
    No way will I ever buy that.

Spring 50 back around 01 or so was ungodly bad and I can't possibly imagine this was worse. There was rut in 1 & 2 that when they put RR in it it was up to decking almost. That race used to be don't miss event and drew 70 cars but unfortunately since has steadily declined

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Track conditions are getting magnified by these collapse rf setups, car is already half turning over to begin with, promoters are now feeling the effects of these guys extreme setups, needing to produce a baby bottom smooth track for these guys. Not saying the track wasnt trash, but it is magnified by these guys digging their noses and bodies in the ground every corner...
    So true.......

It just seems lucas oil series doesn't really care about putting on a good show. And they know all their top drivers will get provisionals, so what's the big deal. Do away with the whole idea of provisional. That's the type of crap nascar used to do to assure theirs stars make the race. If you dont get in thru heats or b mains. It's time to load up like everybody else.

Maybe you contact Lucas Oil and tell them how to run their shows.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    It just seems lucas oil series doesn't really care about putting on a good show. And they know all their top drivers will get provisionals, so what's the big deal. Do away with the whole idea of provisional. That's the type of crap nascar used to do to assure theirs stars make the race. If you dont get in thru heats or b mains. It's time to load up like everybody else.
    Here is another idea for you. Don't attend

turn 1-2 has virtually no banking in it anymore, and a tighter corner entry angle now, than 3-4 since they worked on 3-4. used to be 3-4 had a tight entry angle.
    I am glad they have moved the back stretch inside wall closer to infield and gotten rid of some of the uke tires. The back stretch has always been narrow, they widened it probably 2 car widths, which is a lot safer now, along with new back stretch wall and catch fence.

The Kings continue to put money back into the track/facilities. They do something to it every fall/winter/spring to the facilities to improve the fan, and driver/crew experience and conditions. I applaud them for that, not a lot of promoters/owners are doing that much any longer.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Provisionals are a joke. I went to the last 5 summernationals races this year, and a perfect example of this was the same car getting a provisional every one of the races and he finished dead last in his heat and b main and some other decent cars loaded up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    No way will I ever buy that.
    Its 100% true. With the caveat that running a cushion consistently is NOT easy. Running a tacky line with no character however is very easy.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    A little idea of what the track conditions were like. https://www.facebook.com/29485006062...9784154463163/
    53 other cars didnt flip....when you drive like he did thats gonna happen

Its 100% true. With the caveat that running a cushion consistently is NOT easy. Running a tacky line with no character however is very easy.
    It's not true. You are talking about only one aspect of a track and also about a track of limited character. The dry slick so called artists require a setup that gets more power to the ground and this is done by setup, not driver. Or not "only" driver.

You can't just mash the throttle and go on a dry slick track like you can a tacky track. Everyone feels like Superman on a tacky track.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Here is another idea for you. Don't attend
    Now TS. That wasn't nice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    You can't just mash the throttle and go on a dry slick track like you can a tacky track. Everyone feels like Superman on a tacky track.
    Everyone gets to drive too!!! So you have to beat the drivers too, not just the track itself.

I remember 10 years ago that the track prep seemed better and more consistent. .smoother
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

It's not true. You are talking about only one aspect of a track and also about a track of limited character. The dry slick so called artists require a setup that gets more power to the ground and this is done by setup, not driver. Or not "only" driver.
    I raced very consistently for a good decade. I can tell you that keeping your tires from spinning and recognizing wheelspin is MUCH harder than letting it eat in high traction conditions.

A better setup can help you beat the other guy, but it is only worth a very tiny amount. On the other hand, if you have 75 more hp on a tacky track you eat their lunch.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 08-09-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I raced very consistently for a good decade. I can tell you that keeping your tires from spinning and recognizing wheelspin is MUCH harder than letting it eat in high traction conditions.

A better setup can help you beat the other guy, but it is only worth a very tiny amount. On the other hand, if you have 75 more hp on a tacky track you eat their lunch.
    We both have our bias. It bet you would have liked to have that extra 75 horse. haha

We both have our bias. It bet you would have liked to have that extra 75 horse. haha
    When I drove for other people some, I did. It was nice.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1