Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hillbilly 100 Leavening Tyler County

Rumor has it Carl is moving the Hillbilly 100 for 2019. Anyone hear any rumors on whats going on? I can see why he would choose so as a lot of people refuse to go to tyler because of the dust, but the racing is dam good!

The quality of racing has nothing to do with where Carl has his races! Just ask him!

Tyler is easily in the top 5 race tracks I have ever gone to. Sure, it’s a little rustic and dusty as all hell, but the racing there is usually amazing. I implore all dirt fans to bring some goggles and check it out.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

This is the first I’ve heard of it. Might want to check your sources. Don’t think it would be a wise decision to take the hillbilly elsewhere. Tyler Co. is the best track in WV hands down. It’s definitly the raciest, and can get a little dirty but who cares as long as the racing is excellent.

Whiny people nowadays are afraid of a little dirt.

That's what I'm thinking but Carl wants the $$$ like anyone else would over the quality of the racing. Hope it stays at tyler in the future. i guess we might know in a few short weeks.

Only event I know of that is a one day race that pays $50k lol

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Only event I know of that is a one day race that pays $50k lol
    need more of those one day show but some tracks would have insane ticket prices.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

They would have to keep the race somewhere in the state or close one would think. Maybe 201 in Kentucky? If I were Tyler county I would do some remodeling on the track and try to keep it there. A pretty dress, makeup and a shot of perfume would go a long way. I watched the race from the bleachers 2 years ago and was honestly worried those old bleachers wasn’t gonna hold up. Last year, I watched from the top of a rig. Love the racing at Tyler county but it needs some tlc

Fair-board owns it, not the Watson. They spent a lot of money of their own in the place.

It’s not going anywhere fellas.

If anything the DTWC badly needs relocated due to the poor quality of the racing, but as mentioned above that is the last thing on Carl's mind.

After the Hillbilly got rained out a few years back at Portsmouth Carl said he would never move the race out of West Virginia again. The race belongs in West Virginia.

Is there even another race track in West Virginia that races good and can hold a decent amount of people?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Is there even another race track in West Virginia that races good and can hold a decent amount of people?
    No, there isnt, unless somebody somehow brings WVMS or Pennsboro back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    Fair-board owns it, not the Watson. They spent a lot of money of their own in the place.
    Has, is, and always will be a problem with some fairboards. They want their money to spend on pet projects for their fair but expect promoters to foot the bill for improvements so the fair board will receive more money they won't reinvest in the track. On the other end of this thinking is when a fairboard, town and promoter work together to expand and improve their biggest money maker. Port Royal Speedway was an after thought in the minds of most race fans years ago but has become benchmark for the other race tracks in that highly competitive racing region. Tyler County has no competition from other area tracks and therein lies part of the problem. They don't need to add modern creature comforts but they do need to upgrade their basic infrastructure.

I’m still hoping to make it this year. Just gotta have the next few weeks go good. Wanna come then head towards Eldora.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Has, is, and always will be a problem with some fairboards. They want their money to spend on pet projects for their fair but expect promoters to foot the bill for improvements so the fair board will receive more money they won't reinvest in the track. On the other end of this thinking is when a fairboard, town and promoter work together to expand and improve their biggest money maker. Port Royal Speedway was an after thought in the minds of most race fans years ago but has become benchmark for the other race tracks in that highly competitive racing region. Tyler County has no competition from other area tracks and therein lies part of the problem. They don't need to add modern creature comforts but they do need to upgrade their basic infrastructure.
    New boards on the bleachers would go a long way there, and it wouldn’t be particularly expensive, just labor intensive.

My insurance company always did a preseason inspection which included an order to replace all the bad boards in the bleachers, eliminate trip hazards in the grandstand areas, etc. Those things were non negotiable.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Tyler has actually replaced the majority of the bleacher boards on the front stretch the past couple year, but the back stretch still need a lot of attention