Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default I really wish the Lucas Oil series would...

Start penalizing cars who stop/slow on the track without a flat tire or mechanical problem. Last night at the North/South there were 2 really bad examples of this. The first time was when EPJ had his flat tire while leading. He didn't make it back to the track until the field was taking the green, so he was about a half lap down coming to the green. He then stops on the front stretch to drawn a yellow nullifying a really good start by KRob and Hudson as well I believe (it ended up biting him though because he hit Mars on the next restart and pretty well ended his night.)

The second one was Josh Richards. Same deal, didn't make it out in a timely matter, slows right in front of the leaders to draw a caution. The crowd was not happy. It kills the momentum of the race and any good start someone may have had.

I completely understand needing time for a flat, but when you are just trying to get the field bunched for a restart you should go a lap down or lose 5 points or something. I dont know the perfect answer, but the on purpose, no issue cautions are extremely annoying.

End of rant.

^What he said^
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I agree. I think at a minimum you should be scored a lap down. I remember years back it earned you a black flag. Epj stunt costed mars a good night as well
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

Preach brother! Drives me nuts when this happens.

I think I counted 3-4 instances of cars slowing or stopping.

If you have a flat while racing and stop I don’t have much a problem with but when you come out late after not making repairs in the allotted curtosey lap time and stop to bunch the field back up like Richards and epj did it needs dealing within

It's not just Lucas. It's every track, in every class

It's definitely dirty but it's smart on thier part too. If these guys know there's no penalty they're just going to keep doing it and I can't say I blame them.

Yep, wish ALL tracks would enforce some sort of penalty for this.

I've seen tracks use one and two caution rules. One for the heats and two for the features. It can get brutal watching the same 2 cars or so spin in a 35 lap feature 4-5 times.

I might be wrong but I thought it was 2 courtesy laps only if your flat caused the caution... Earl’s flat was under caution, so I think he got courtesy laps.... again I might be incorrect though

2 courtesy laps has always been the norm.
    8/13/16

I don’t mind drivers bringing out the caution for mechanical issues. They all do it. No big deal. What I hate is the Lucas series switching to single file restarts in the final 10 laps. That usually ruins what might otherwise be an exciting finish. It’s a ridiculous rule. If Delaware restarts are good enough for the 40, 50 or 90 laps, then they’re good enough for the finish.

I don’t mind for mechanical issues either. The problem for me was epj and Richards not making repairs in time and stopping after the field took green to bunch cars back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    2 courtesy laps has always been the norm.
    Not in the old days right?

It’s really become a bad problem with both series.

Red face

That crowd on the backstretch did let Richards have it when he come back around after bringing out the yellow, put a smile on my face seeing it.

Can you imaging how much these candy asses would cry out if you actually made that rule that penalized them a couple laps for doing this stupid chit they bitched and moaned enough so they can have straight up starts all night and this would be something dramatic for them to handle being penalized for this. Glad I have pretty much stopped going to any races I have train tracks north and south of my house can see the same thing around here for free and saves time and miles also. While on this rant the cars look like chit with the right front of the noses way up in the air so they do not bottom out and they have the right front tire sticking so far out looks like a monkey phuck setup and the left rear so high in the air is crazy also remember when the cars where like normal looking and you did not need 5 or 6 birdcages on the rear ends and since they turn over so easily now they do not like to drive on man up race tracks they all want them smoother than a babies ass.

I was standing right where Richards came out on to the track, to be honest it was dangerous the way he went about it. There were several photographers standing in 2 where he came flying out on to the track. He got out in just enough to beat the field. He made a a couple of those guys skidaddle, good thing they were paying attention.

Around here one spin and you go to the back... two spins and you're out. If you got "help" going around you'll get your spot back if it's obvious.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019