Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Back in the day, if you stopped and did not have a flat tire, then you were done. They need to re-institute that rule or make it that you automatically go a lap down. Either of those would stop the nonsense.

I want to know how did Nick Hoffman get put to the tail for brushing the wall coming off 4 ..he slowed but never stopped. ..Yes they threw a yellow but he did not stop. The way it has worked in the past if you don't stop you don't go to the tail........BUT....
    Bobbie Pierce stopped at the bottom of 4 for a official to look his car over during a yellow and he went back to his original spot.....The rule is (and you heard it several times wed. thurs. fri)......if you stop on the track you go to the back...
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Quote Originally Posted by Just The Tip View Post
    Start penalizing cars who stop/slow on the track without a flat tire or mechanical problem. Last night at the North/South there were 2 really bad examples of this. The first time was when EPJ had his flat tire while leading. He didn't make it back to the track until the field was taking the green, so he was about a half lap down coming to the green. He then stops on the front stretch to drawn a yellow nullifying a really good start by KRob and Hudson as well I believe (it ended up biting him though because he hit Mars on the next restart and pretty well ended his night.)

The second one was Josh Richards. Same deal, didn't make it out in a timely matter, slows right in front of the leaders to draw a caution. The crowd was not happy. It kills the momentum of the race and any good start someone may have had.

I completely understand needing time for a flat, but when you are just trying to get the field bunched for a restart you should go a lap down or lose 5 points or something. I dont know the perfect answer, but the on purpose, no issue cautions are extremely annoying.

End of rant.

Pearson admitted to stopping on purpose in an interview. Mentioned it like it was nothing. Anyone who stops/slows on track without a flat or mechanical needs to go down a lap, period. That stops all this crap.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

and when did the officials become mechanics . they should not be allowed to touch a car. no pulling fenders, stop all that bulls..... of 3 or 4 cars stopping under every caution to have an offical to pull on fenders or nose pieces.

Heckenast did it multiple times during the Summer Nationals.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

If they change the rule it won’t change a thing because then it becomes a judgement call for the officials. Lucas will favor the Lucas boys and WOO the same. You will see the same amount of cautions but a different reason. The battery cable was loose, popped out of gear and couldn’t get it back in and so on. If they would go to open tire rule it would stop all the stopping bs. The fact is that in most instances a 20 on the lr just isn’t hard enough for 100 Lap races imo. These guys feel the tire going and just stop. Let them run what they think the conditions call for. Plus, I guarantee the racing would be better because of comers and goers. The days of the suspense with the numbers grinder off or taped over are gone. Open tire rules fixes this problem

Your right, It gets old watching them stop and get their car worked on, on the track and they get their spot back. Sadly the Lucas oil series is getting to look like a cancer to the sport. And what about the way Scott drove thru the infield pit road under caution. That was one of the most dangerous things I have ever seen. They should have parked him for the night after that. Hes really lucky he didnt kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    I want to know how did Nick Hoffman get put to the tail for brushing the wall coming off 4 ..he slowed but never stopped. ..Yes they threw a yellow but he did not stop. The way it has worked in the past if you don't stop you don't go to the tail........BUT....
    Bobbie Pierce stopped at the bottom of 4 for a official to look his car over during a yellow and he went back to his original spot.....The rule is (and you heard it several times wed. thurs. fri)......if you stop on the track you go to the back...

I believe the rule is only for when you bring out the caution flag for whatever reason and not when you stop after the caution flag has already came out

Default I really wish the Lucas Oil series would...

enforce mandatory drug testing
    8/13/16

I miss earl baltes. He didn’t play that game. Anybody remember the World when Wendell Wallace stopped on the track on bottom of frontstretch in front of flagstand? They threw the green and ran 2 laps. Wendell just creeped in. Nothing against Wallace but that was awesome. ....All tracks and series should have every earl rule. He was the standard.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I saw one driver get hit with a DQ for stopping for no reason at Challenger Fall Fest during his heat back in the day. Nobody else did it the rest of the weekend.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I believe Bobby Pierce was told to stop by an official, that's why he got his spot back.if the officials stop you, then you get your spot back. Nick Hoffman did not stop, but was the reason for the the yellow, so if you're the reason for the the yellow you go to the back as well, even if you don't completely stop.

If your the reason for the caution, reguardless, you go to the tail! end of story! And if these are crown jewels, nobody and I mean nobody deserves a provisional. If you cant race your way in the race, load up and go home like the rest! Giving provisionals is chicken s==t.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Are you honestly that concerned?
    When did this become a priority for you?

The drivers have the power to make any changes they wish. How many drivers have, on record, voiced a concern for competing with someone under the influence?

If any driver believes they are in danger by being on the same track as another driver, yet do so anyway, is a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    On the fans too?

I want to see drug testing on the officials. In all sanctionings.

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    Are you honestly that concerned?
    When did this become a priority for you?

The drivers have the power to make any changes they wish. How many drivers have, on record, voiced a concern for competing with someone under the influence?

If any driver believes they are in danger by being on the same track as another driver, yet do so anyway, is a fool.
    It should be a concerned to any driver on the track that their competitors are not under the influence period.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    It should be a concerned to any driver on the track that their competitors are not under the influence period.
    I agree , even if it is prescribed by a doctor , under the influence is under the influence period.......

I say drug and alcohol testing for all fans but would be weird seeing 267 fans in the stands at the world 100 😂

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    If your the reason for the caution, reguardless, you go to the tail! end of story! And if these are crown jewels, nobody and I mean nobody deserves a provisional. If you cant race your way in the race, load up and go home like the rest! Giving provisionals is chicken s==t.
    Then there would only be 16 cars in the feature.