Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Bet you ripped one out in your shorts too. Lol
    Laughed our butts off wondering how the heck that happened!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Pretty cool Fair. It's ALMOST tempting to go back tonight for the IRA Sprints. But LaSalle will probably win today.

Let's be honest. The 2 fastest guys there weren't from either series. Both from Illinois. But yeah the Ethanol guys had a rough night. 3 out of their top 5 in points didn't transfer through the heats and only one of those came out of the 2 b-mains.

As for Shirley slowing down, it could have been tires or maybe he knocked something out of whack during those incidents of contact after the spin.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Let's be honest. The 2 fastest guys there weren't from either series. Both from Illinois. But yeah the Ethanol guys had a rough night. 3 out of their top 5 in points didn't transfer through the heats and only one of those came out of the 2 b-mains.

As for Shirley slowing down, it could have been tires or maybe he knocked something out of whack during those incidents of contact after the spin.

Oh absolutely. If Marlar and Bloomquist had been there I'm sure Tennessee cars would have had a good night. I was just referring to the co-sanctioned aspect.

However the rules were setup for this race seemed to work well. I believe the Wisconsin cars that finished up front were all Wissota cars.

That racetrack looked really racy too. I've heard bad things about Wilmot but last night looked great.

Also I'm curious to know how many Ethanol cars were there compared to Wissota cars. I'm sure the results would be in favor of the ethanol guys had the event been ran in MI somewhere.

Haven't been to Wilmot in 5 years or so. I thought the Track was smooth last night. Multi grove all night as well. Used to feel the track was rough, especially early in the night for the Late Model shows. Don't know if they got lucky last night or they're doing better track prep now.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Also I'm curious to know how many Ethanol cars were there compared to Wissota cars. I'm sure the results would be in favor of the ethanol guys had the event been ran in MI somewhere.
    I don't think the Milwaukee area cars...McGrath, Mueller, Letizia, Scheffler, Schmidt.....are Wissota cars. I think the 3 that finished in the top 5 are.

You could be right about the results being different if the race had been in Michigan. I believe Thirlby has run Wilmot before. I'm not sure about the other Michigan cars. It's not like anyone has a ton of laps at the place though. They only run 1-2 late model races per year.

Siefert (finished 2nd) has been running at Plymouth weekly most of the year. Berna (3rd) has run every week at Shawano. Anvelink will run at Shawano when he’s not at a higher paying regional show. Shawano doesn’t have a Wissota sanction and hasn’t for a few years. Their engine rule allows open motors with some restrictions. Kroooser would be more up on the specifics than I would. Anyway, Nick has been using his open motor quite a bit,over the past few weeks. I’m not sure if Berna is or not. He blew an open motor up early in the season. Not sure on Siefert but based on the shows he has been at I suspect he also has an open motor.

As for track familiarity...this series did have a show at Wilmot last year but that’s it. It’s not a case where they had this show at Plymouth or Shawano where these guys run weekly which would be a decided advantage. If memory serves me correctly, Anvelink has run at Wilmot maybe once and that was years ago. So yeah, my sense is that the “home state track advantage” is a bit overstated.

Anvelink was not at the Dirt King show last fall at Wilmot. Not sure if he has run there before or not.

I had no idea that Shawano was no longer Wissota sanctioned.

McGrath definitely has an "open" motor. He's running 2nd in points for RoY with Lucas mlra boys this summer. Believe Mueller has an "open" motor as well.

Anvelink, Swedeberg & Berna from Shawano all have "open" motors they can run. Did they? Idk...couldn't attend last night's show. In MO, visiting my son.

Idk about Siefert, but that guy can flat out wheel a racecar. He could've pulled through the pit gate with a lawnmower & I would've said he had a chance to make the feature.

Wilmot host 1, sometimes 2, DLM specials per season.
    Shirley and Erb have previous laps there with Summernats events. Sounds like they were the class of the field.

Maybe "slight" edge to WI guys having an event on their home turf, but definitely more "open" shows ran each year in MI.
    Dirt Kings normally doesn't run qualifying at their events, so advantage to the AELM drivers on that front.

Wilmot is always better when the track gets watered on Mother Nature's terms...but yes, the racing surface at the shows I've been to over the last 3 years has been better than previous years, so kudos to the track prep crew.

Hope the crowd was decent b/c that's definitely sprint country. They'll pack the house tonight for the IRA for sure. Standing room only at WoO sprint shows there.