Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Tire test from the North/South?

Has anyone heard when the results of the tire samples taken from the top finishers of last weekends North/South 100 lap feature will be announced? Plenty of rumors going around on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan99 View Post
    Plenty of rumors going around on that one.
    Where do they go around at? Like the water cooler at the office? The honkey tonk bar down the street? Around the bon fire at Ned's house? The church ice cream social?

There won't be any tire failures, lucas oil actually uses a credible lab for their testing

Do they take samples of the tires they start the race on then take more of the ones they finish on. ? Then do they take core samples of the track surface checking for contamination ?
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    There won't be any tire failures, lucas oil actually uses a credible lab for their testing
    Is that the one that also cooks up small batches of arthritis meds.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Is that the one that also cooks up small batches of arthritis meds.
    You don’t think there’s anything fishy about them only catching Non WoO drivers except Madden?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Cnb

I think to some extent there is/was funny stuff going on. Over the years we have had guys admit they had researched it or played with the idea some. In one of Scotts interviews a few years back he stated that the only way to end tire cheating would be to do away with tire rules, so we pretty much know it was happening (at least at one time). We also seen a guy who got caught bring one of the well known tire dope guys (who is very open about doing it as a business) to the races with him. I don't think that was coincidence. Were all the failed tests due to doping or were they a result of Hoosier stamping tires incorrectly (on purpose) for certain guys? We all know that has happened for years.

I think some of what we have seen over the last few years at Eldora is just a result of Hoosier not having the greatest quality control. I'm not a big advocate of questioning authority, but I think in this case it needs to happen some. I would like to see a random tire test done on the shipping docks at hoosier TBH. I don't think it's a tire 'cleaning' issue or a result of chemicals on the racetrack, otherwise it would be happening to a bigger percentage of drivers.

Yes, there has been alot of Lucas drivers caught. You also have to think about how many times has Lucas 'caught' anyone. I don't remember it happening and I don't believe for one minute that they are the only sanctioning body without cheaters. Maybe their lab is better, but I doubt that's the case. I think it's more practical to think that they don't really care!
    Everyone knows, but have failed to mention that Pierce is WRG's golden boy and he was caught. Sure he went Lucas racing, but he has also stayed committed to running a ton of WRG events (and continued to even after getting caught) so I don't buy into the theory that WRG is upset enough with him to cause such a reaction.

So basically what I'm trying to say in writing this book is, I don't believe it's any one thing causing the failed tire tests. I'm not confident enough in any of the so called 'facts' to rule any party out. I think some of the problem lies with hoosier, some of the problem could be with the labs, some of it with sanctioning bodies not doing enough to ensure the tires are what they want and believe it or not, I think there have been drivers caught that were just plain cheating! So, I have to agree with Scott saying the only way to stop it is to open the tire rules with them only being restricted by size and brand. Not that I'm a die hard hoosier guy, but the sanctioning bodies like their money so no matter what it's going to be hoosier.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I think to some extent there is/was funny stuff going on. Over the years we have had guys admit they had researched it or played with the idea some. In one of Scotts interviews a few years back he stated that the only way to end tire cheating would be to do away with tire rules, so we pretty much know it was happening (at least at one time). We also seen a guy who got caught bring one of the well known tire dope guys (who is very open about doing it as a business) to the races with him. I don't think that was coincidence. Were all the failed tests due to doping or were they a result of Hoosier stamping tires incorrectly (on purpose) for certain guys? We all know that has happened for years.

I think some of what we have seen over the last few years at Eldora is just a result of Hoosier not having the greatest quality control. I'm not a big advocate of questioning authority, but I think in this case it needs to happen some. I would like to see a random tire test done on the shipping docks at hoosier TBH. I don't think it's a tire 'cleaning' issue or a result of chemicals on the racetrack, otherwise it would be happening to a bigger percentage of drivers.

Yes, there has been alot of Lucas drivers caught. You also have to think about how many times has Lucas 'caught' anyone. I don't remember it happening and I don't believe for one minute that they are the only sanctioning body without cheaters. Maybe their lab is better, but I doubt that's the case. I think it's more practical to think that they don't really care!
    Everyone knows, but have failed to mention that Pierce is WRG's golden boy and he was caught. Sure he went Lucas racing, but he has also stayed committed to running a ton of WRG events (and continued to even after getting caught) so I don't buy into the theory that WRG is upset enough with him to cause such a reaction.

So basically what I'm trying to say in writing this book is, I don't believe it's any one thing causing the failed tire tests. I'm not confident enough in any of the so called 'facts' to rule any party out. I think some of the problem lies with hoosier, some of the problem could be with the labs, some of it with sanctioning bodies not doing enough to ensure the tires are what they want and believe it or not, I think there have been drivers caught that were just plain cheating! So, I have to agree with Scott saying the only way to stop it is to open the tire rules with them only being restricted by size and brand. Not that I'm a die hard hoosier guy, but the sanctioning bodies like their money so no matter what it's going to be hoosier.
    Lucas caught Terry Casey and Jerry Rice at a race when they were still using a sniffer. Terry actually admitted juicing his tires.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Lucas caught Terry Casey and Jerry Rice at a race when they were still using a sniffer. Terry actually admitted juicing his tires.
    2 with a sniffer, I think that proves my point, but thanks for reminding as I had forgot about them.

I still say it's a case of 'hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil' with them. Not that I don't like their on track product, I just feel they are enforcing tire rules like they do body rules.

What about Chris Wall at the Topless?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    What about Chris Wall at the Topless?
    I think I made my point. Name some from the last 2 years.

I'll go a little further, I looked back to see what year this happened because I knew it was quite a while ago but didn't remember exactly. The forum I came across everyone was saying that Chris was only busted because he wasn't a Lucas regular. Sound familiar?
    Last edited by ImCryn2; 08-14-2018 at 09:26 AM.

I think most of the talk was about the winner, much talk about him since Arizona! Come on Lucas Oil, do what you need to do to protect the integrity of the sport!

Why do they test tires again?

And I lol'd at " protecting the integrity " of the sport.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan99 View Post
    I think most of the talk was about the winner, much talk about him since Arizona! Come on Lucas Oil, do what you need to do to protect the integrity of the sport!
    Why didn't you just say that in your first post instead of beating around the bush? Are you mad your favorite driver got beat? Gotta start accusations now because a guy wins his 15 feature?
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 08-14-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

Yeah I don’t get what the problem is with juiced tires. Who’s it harming, the tires?

well were they dirty or not

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

I tend to agree.

Default What do juiced tires hurt???

The bottom line for Barney.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Heard jd's come back wrong.

hey there emptyMindwalker, found this video you may enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/CULLIBLE/vi...5032334633888/