Thumbs up ELDORA - WORLD 100 ENTRY FORMS - NOW POSTED - $436,800 posted awards. $51,000 to win

Just seen Eldora post this on Facebook.

48th Annual World 100 Entry Forms - Now Posted
    Links
    Submit Entry Online - http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/world-100-entry
    Print in PDF Format and Mail in - http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/forms/18-world-entry.pdf
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Can we refer to the World100 as the #DirtBillion since it has a way higher purse than the dirt million?

Quote Originally Posted by Burke1118 View Post
    Can we refer to the World100 as the #DirtBillion since it has a way higher purse than the dirt million?
    Why do you have to do that, it's a positive post on a completely different race at a different track.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    Why do you have to do that, it's a positive post on a completely different race at a different track.
    Because there’s always that few that mess up a thread with some b.s.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Because he's a whiny loser that complains just to make them feel better.

How bout we call it the Fake Million.

They are as of now $436,800 for Eldora, and $366,921 for Mansfield. Within $70k, and Mansfield will only go up till the race. Eldora is ran by a millionaire with tons of connections and money. Who bought one of the top 3 dirt tracks in the country. Mansfield is run by a young guy trying new things and taking chances trying to make it. Mansfield was rotting away and was asphalt. He got the reins of it and is trying to make it into a great track. Facilities are as good as anywhere, just the surface that needs tweaked.

Y’all are baffled why car counts are shrinking and tracks are shutting down, well your post is a prime example of why. Negative BS.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Exactly, people whine and complain about dirt racing is going down and tracks are closing but as soon as someone tries something to bring attention to the sport people bash it to no end over what it was named. Just sad

Maybe all the negative people and know it all's on here should get together and show everyone how it's done.

I looked at the ticker for the Mansfield race and it's gone up at least $200 if not more in the last few hrs. Today though is the last day to select a driver when making purchases.

That purse is for three full nights and programs.

Racers Excuse
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Not only is that money for 3 nights of racing. It includes money for 5 features. The hate for the Mansfield race is too (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) high. IMO call a race whatever you want, if it brings cars and fans to a dirt track, there should be no negatives. The name helps promote the race

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    Because he's a whiny loser that complains just to make them feel better.
    Give me a break. Go read everything I’ve posted on this board and it’s all been positive. The last thread I posted was after speedweeks about how great it was that car counts were UP. Got ran off the board by people saying I was wrong and dirt racing is on its way to its impending death whether I liked it or not. I’m all for this race, my comment was a simple joke that you guys can’t comprehend apparently. I applaud Cody for sticking his neck out, but the name is slight false advertising. Would be no different than saying that I’m promoting the “100,000 street stock showdown” then paying 10,000 to win with a 30,000 purse.

The title is a bit misleading for someone that doesn't sit down and read about it. There are several older people that are race fans here in my home town that think it's paying a million to win. None of them use computers or have Facebook, so they wouldn't have a clue if it wasn't for someone telling them any different.

I think it'll be success car count wise. I'm not so sure on everything else, I hope it goes well enough there is a 2nd annual though.

Speaking of the World 100, did you know the first one in 1971 paid $4,000 to win, six hundred for third place, and 15th thru 20th got $25 dollars? A hundred laps for twenty-five dollars.. hahahahaaaa

http://www.speedwayandroadracehistor...-speedway.html