Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They had him chained to some of their wrecked cars at Sycamore years ago melting them down. Pretty amazing sight when you're a kid. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    They had him chained to some of their wrecked cars at Sycamore years ago melting them down. Pretty amazing sight when you're a kid. 
    I saw the same thing at Rockford Speedway

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I hired Maverick Golden to run the LRW at my dirt track...that was cool.
    I saw Bill “Maverick” Golden’s truck in Dan Garlits museum a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    I saw the same thing at Rockford Speedway
    When you're an 8 yr old, in my book, it was pretty cool to see!

Sorry to hear of this guys passing. Unfortunately I never saw him run. I gotta say though a jet car on a short dirt track sounds kinda scary. Usually they need more room to run and more importantly to get stopped. However, it sounds like in this case it was perhaps a health issue that caused the problem. Anyway, from the description this guy reminds me of "the Golden greek" Chris Karamesines , who is somewhere in the neighborhood of 85+ years old and still driving an 10000+ Hp top fuel dragster.
    http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/...5-mph-run.html

Gotta admire guys like this. I'm sure his family is heart broken but at least you can say, he lived his life to the fullest until the very end.

As for Jet vehicles, the most impressive I've seen has to be Bob Motz Jet truck. I saw him run numerous times at Rockingham dragway, back when the IHRA used to run there. He always put on a pretty impressive show with lots of "shock and awe". The afterburner pops would visibly shake the windows in the tower and he would flood the afterburner with fuel to create lots of fire and smoke. If I'm not mistaken his truck had one of the larger Jet engines, a J79 General Electric from a B-58 Bomber.

https://youtu.be/pC8huv7gO-s