Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool The World 100.. Lets hear about your drive in.

18 Days away. Im working the night shift, anxiously awaiting Labor day to get here, and to pass.

Now, a 6 pack of questions for those who will make the trip this year.

Where ya coming from?
    when ya leaving?
    What are ya driving?
    How many in your vehicle/convoy?
    Where are your must stops on the way? ( food, shopping, etc..)
    What songs WILL be on the roadtrip playlist ?
    Last edited by 1forthe$; 08-18-2018 at 07:44 PM.

-Paducah, Ky 422 miles (Google says it will take 6hr and 22 minutes... my right foot would like to make a bet on that)
    -My posse is leaving Wednesday the 5th at 8am-ish. Meeting at my house and rolling out.
    -I will be in my wifes Explorer
    -5 in my vehicle, followed by 2 in my brothers truck, and then 2 more folks arriving late Thursday night.
    -Will stop for a steak before Cincinnatti, then at Walmart for beer and whatever the women need by then in Sydney, Oh. And if I can find a d@mn Krispy Kreme not to far out of the way, definitely there too.
    - Every race road trip starts with Colt 45 by Afroman. Not sure how exactly that tradition started.. but it did. Then whatever the co-pilot decides after that.

I’ll play. World 100 makes me happy

Orlinda TN. If you’re familiar with I-65 in TN we are the first exit if you’re coming south out of KY

Plan to leave around 7:00 a.m. Thursday morning

Driving a 2007 Chevy 4 door duramax pulling a 10’ trailer with our golf cart

Just myself and the ole lady. Another couple are staying with us but they’ll be on there own timeline

Only stops along the way will be quick ones. Gotta get to Rossburg baby!!

Our playlist is very diverse from Waylon Jennings to Rolling Stones and then some 2pac lol
    We like to party and don’t discriminate

Muncie Indiana 1 hour west of Big ELeave daily lol.Gen3 Cummins 4x4 crew cab.My 2 best bros and myself.The Green Diamond in Eaton Indiana for awesome bar food on the fly. Try the Mega BLT, 12 strips of bacon on texas toast!!Music, Foo Fighters, Rage against the machine, Stevie Ray, THC, Pearl Jam, Godsmack, 5 Finger, Beastie Boys, AC/DC (Bon Scott) the best AC/DC IMHO

-Leaving from (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son, Tn (just west of Nashville) about a 6 hour drive to the hotel in Richmond, In.
    -Wednesday depending on business either early afternoon or around 10pm
    -Playing enterprise roulette with vehicles this year
    -Just me meeting everyone else from back home(Missouri) there
    -1 maybe 2 stops for gas drinks etc on the way but have to go to the general store Thursday morning before getting to the track
    -Music will be a lot of Whiskey Myers, Eric Church, Turnpike Troubadours etc

I may have to come through Indiana at some point and check out The Green Diamond. Our playlist goes from one end of the spectrum to the other also DirtJunkie. Sinatra to Snoop, and anything in between. Just No love or slow songs tho.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1forthe$ View Post
    -Paducah, Ky 422 miles (Google says it will take 6hr and 22 minutes... my right foot would like to make a bet on that)-My posse is leaving Wednesday the 5th at 8am-ish. Meeting at my house and rolling out.-I will be in my wifes Explorer-5 in my vehicle, followed by 2 in my brothers truck, and then 2 more folks arriving late Thursday night.-Will stop for a steak before Cincinnatti, then at Walmart for beer and whatever the women need by then in Sydney, Oh. And if I can find a d@mn Krispy Kreme not to far out of the way, definitely there too.- Every race road trip starts with Colt 45 by Afroman. Not sure how exactly that tradition started.. but it did. Then whatever the co-pilot decides after that.
    When we lived in Paducah, we would go up through Illinois over to I-70 east. Just seemed quicker that way plus I always hated that drive on W. Ky. Parkway. Seemed to go on forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerdirtking View Post
    Muncie Indiana 1 hour west of Big ELeave daily lol.Gen3 Cummins 4x4 crew cab.My 2 best bros and myself.The Green Diamond in Eaton Indiana for awesome bar food on the fly. Try the Mega BLT, 12 strips of bacon on texas toast!!Music, Foo Fighters, Rage against the machine, Stevie Ray, THC, Pearl Jam, Godsmack, 5 Finger, Beastie Boys, AC/DC (Bon Scott) the best AC/DC IMHO
    Good music, THC? I know I’ll know it once you say it, but cannot think of it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

1.)Lancaster, Ohio(142 miles). MapQuest says 2 1/2hrs, depending on traffic, just over two. About my 15th one.
    2.)Saturday around Noon-1.
    3.)Wifes’ Nissan Rogue
    4.)Just us
    5.)Must stops, was the Tim Hortons in Huber Heights on the way home, but I don’t think it’s 24hrs anymore. Would like to stop at some little local small town restaurant this year beforehand.
    6.)Usually Sirius/XM, between Turbo(41), Country(58), Lithium(34), Alternative(36), Octane(37), and if the wife gets the stereo, 2000’s channel and whichever plays the newest pop/r&b stuff. Personally, I could listen to Seether, Breaking Benjamin, AIC(Layne), and Soundgarden/Audioslave on repeat. Though Foo Fighters is good too.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Staind too. Aaron’s voice is pretty good.

From Sycamore in a 73 black ford country squire staton wagon, couple fat girls and me, listening to AC/DC (highway to hell mostly), stopping at a few Dollar Generals and every taco bell we see...

1 - Boaz Alabama
    2 - 4 am Thursday morning
    3 - 2017 Nissan Versa
    4 - 2. Picking the other up at 5 am. Rest of crew coming Friday.
    5 - Stop for gas and lotto tickets anywhere along the way cause my state is too stupid to have the lottery. Try to do the gas, bathroom, burgers all in one stop. Walmart in Englewood, OH for beer and stuff.
    6 - Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Buckcherry, Volbeat.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

THC—Texas Hippie Coalition

Leaving from Philadelphia Tennessee Google maps says it's right at six hours be in a Ford Fusion music choice is whatever Dad throws on the radio

North Central Minnesota, via Superior, WI... Class A motor-home is headed out with 6 of us, Wednesday mid-day, for the 13 hour circus... "Hair Nation" blasting the entire trip on XM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    North Central Minnesota, via Superior, WI... Class A motor-home is headed out with 6 of us, Wednesday mid-day, for the 13 hour circus... "Hair Nation" blasting the entire trip on XM.
    Hair Nation-Whitesnake, Crue, Poison, KISS, Scorpions, and so on, not bad.

Default Bloomer dirt king

Never woulda guessed it then. Never heard of them. And I’m pretty diverse in music choices.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    1 - Boaz Alabama
    2 - 4 am Thursday morning
    3 - 2017 Nissan Versa
    4 - 2. Picking the other up at 5 am. Rest of crew coming Friday.
    5 - Stop for gas and lotto tickets anywhere along the way cause my state is too stupid to have the lottery. Try to do the gas, bathroom, burgers all in one stop. Walmart in Englewood, OH for beer and stuff.
    6 - Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Buckcherry, Volbeat.
    You see where AS lead singer is having surgery or having to cancel the tour because of voice issues? Not one of my favorites, but they are very talented, and I like their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    You see where AS lead singer is having surgery or having to cancel the tour because of voice issues? Not one of my favorites, but they are very talented, and I like their stuff.
    Didn’t know. That sucks.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Hey CnB check out their Peacemaker cd. I like it the best. Paw Paw Hill, 8 seconds, and Turn It Up should get ya going!!