Default 9/3/18 65th General Tire Grabber 100 ARCA Racing Series @DuQuoin State Fair Mile Dirt

Tony Stewart and Ken Schrader Racing Inc. join all the stars of ARCA RACING SERIES, USAC Racing, and the Modifieds, Sunday and Monday, September 2nd and 3rd at the Du Quoin State Fair. Full details below… DuQuoin State Fair Racing Sunday-Monday, September 2-3 Du Quoin State Fair Du Quoin , IL Sunday, September 2 USAC Racing Silver Crown Series 68th Annual Ted Horn 100 + DIRTcar UMP Modified 25th Annual Bill Oldani Memorial Prelims Monday, September 3 ARCA RACING SERIES presented by Menards 65th Annual General Tire Grabber 100 + UMP Modifieds 25th Annual Bill Oldani Memorial $2,000 To Win Feature SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2 DU QUOIN TIMES: 1:00 PM Pits & Registration 4:00 PM Ticket Office & Grandstands 5:00-6:10 PM Silver Crown Practice 6:10 PM Modified Hotlaps 6:30 PM Silver Crown Qualifying 7:00 PM Modified Heats/USAC Semi 7:30 PM Pre-Race Ceremonies 8:00 PM USAC Silver Crown 64th Annual Ted Horn 100 MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3 DU QUOIN TIMES: 6:30 AM Pits & Registration 8:00 AM Ticket Office & Grandstands 9:45-10:45 AM ARCA Practice 11:00-11:15 PM Modified Practice 11:30 AM ARCA Qualifying 12:30 PM UMP Modified Bill Oldani Memorial Feature 1:00-1:30 PM Driver Autograph Session 1:40 PM ARCA Driver Introduction 1:58 PM National Anthem 2:00 PM ARCA 67th Annual General Tire Grabber 100 DU QUOIN TICKET INFO: Tickets will be available on raceday or by calling the Du Quoin Fair office at 618-542-1535. Info and tickets can also be obtained by calling the Track Enterprises office at 217-764-3200. RESERVED SEATING Advance Tickets (Presale) $25 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day Day Of Tickets (At Gate) $30 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day PIT PASSES $35 Adults Each Day $20 Children 11 & Under Each Day $50 Two-Day Pit Pass More Information: For more information, contact Track Enterprises by calling the office at 217-764-3200 or by visiting their website at www.trackenterprises.com Follow Track Enterprises online at https://www.trackenterprises.com/, like them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises), and follow them on Twitter (@TEIRacing) Follow USAC online at www.usacracing.com, like them on Facebook (http://usacracing.com/), and follow them on Twitter (@USACNation) Follow ARCA online at www.arcaracing.com, like them on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ARCARACING)

https://www.facebook.com/events/157526901561164/ Facebook event for the 65th General Tire Grabber 100 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards event + 25th Annual Bill Oldani Memorial UMP Modified feature.

Just over 1 week away!

ARCA Point Leaders Hoping DuQuoin Win Leads to Title By Jay Hardin Track Enterprises Staff August 24, 2018-DuQuoin, IL-Sheldon Creed of Alpine, California and Zane Smith of Huntington Beach, California occupy the top two slots in the 2018 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard’s point standings. Both have yet to turn 21 and both are hoping that a victory in the General Tire Grabber presented by Federated Auto Parts 100 at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds can be a stepping stone to a first ARCA national championship. The annual Labor Day weekend grind on the southern Illinois dirt mile has vaulted several men to national stock car championships in the past and this year may be no exception. Twenty-three times since 1950 the winner of the 100-mile stock car race at DuQuoin has gone on to a national stock car title, representing sixteen different drivers. The American Automobile Association sanctioned the first three stock car events at DuQuoin, Jay Frank (1950) and Frank Mundy (1955) were the two DuQuoin winners of that era that went on to AAA stock car titles. The United States Auto Club sanctioned events at DuQuoin’s “Magic Mile” from 1956 through 1984. Jerry Unser (1957) won the USAC title that year helping propel him to a ride at the Indianapolis 500 the next year. Fred Lorenzen won two DuQuoin events (1958 & 1959) and USAC championships in the same year. The Elmhurst, Illinois driver would go on to NASCAR fame as the “Golden Boy”. Michigan driver Paul Goldsmith also won back to back races (1961 & 1962) and USAC stock car titles. Goldsmith also had a stellar NASCAR career and multiple starts in the Indianapolis 500. It took over ten years before a DuQuoin win would contribute to a national stock car championship. Ohio’s Butch Hartman won five USAC crowns in the 1970’s and three straight (1973-75) 100 mile races at DuQuoin. Victories in 1973 and 1974 helped Butch to two of the five national titles. Paul Feldner was a USAC veteran by the time he won at DuQuoin in 1977, a win that lifted him to his only national title. Dean Roper won at DuQuoin in 1981 and 1983 and USAC championships in the same years. Fellow Show Me State resident Dave Goldsberry won the first 200-miler at DuQuoin in 1984 and clinched the title with that win, by virtue of the season finale being washed out. ARCA solely sanctioned DuQuoin events starting in 1985 and Lee Raymond’s 200 mile win led to his 1985 ARCA title. Bob Kesleowski won both in 1989 as did Bob Brevak in 1990. Frank Kimmel won five times at DuQuoin with four of those wins (2001, 2002, 2004 & 2005) contributing to his national titles. Sheldon Creed gained about sixty points on Zane Smith at the Allen Crowe 100 at Springfield as a result of Creed’s second place run and Smith dropping out. The General Tire Grabber 100 could add to Creed’s point lead or allow Smith to close the gap in the 2018 ARCA chase. The ARCA point battle is all part of a holiday doubleheader weekend of racing, featuring USAC Silver Crown on Sunday, September 2 and the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards on Monday, September 3. The DIRTcar Modifieds will race prelims on Sunday and their feature on Monday. Tony Stewart and Ken Schrader will battle with the other strong Modified competitors in the Bill Oldani event. Tickets will be available at the gate on race day or fans can purchase advance sale discount tickets by calling the Du Quoin State Fair box office at 618-542-1535 or the Track Enterprises office at 217-764-3200. Full event information can be found at www.trackenterprises.com.

Springfield Dirt Winner Christian Eckes Takes on DuQuoin’s Magic Mile with New Found Confidence AUGUST 29, 2018 Concord, North Carolina (August 29, 2018) – Two weeks ago if you asked Christian Eckes about making his second ever career dirt race start and his chances on the Springfield mile he would’ve told you he had “no chance of winning.” Well, that was then and this is now. Eckes, 17, shocked himself and added his name to a long list of ARCA dirt winners with little or no dirt experience prior to his unlikely victory at Springfield earlier in the month. “This is what makes the ARCA series so great,” Eckes said. “The series is so diverse and gives drivers like myself the opportunity to learn new skills racing on all different type of tracks. I truly expected to just run that one out at Springfield. Going up against guys with so much dirt experience like Logan Seavey and Sheldon Creed can be an uphill battle. But I proved to myself I can get it done.” Eckes, a member of Toyota Racing’s TD2 program, returns to the dirt with new found confidence and his No.15 JBL Audio Toyota team for the Labor Day running of the General Tire Grabber presented by Federated Auto Parts 100 at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds. “I’m still not calling myself a dirt track driver but I definitely have a lot more confidence going into this weekend. I learned a ton at Springfield. I was almost two-seconds back during practice. But I watched the other guys with more experience and picked up a bunch. Once I followed people who knew what they were doing I figured it out and got a lot better. After that my racing instincts took over.” “I’m really looking forward to DuQuoin,” added Eckes. “This fifteen-team has been on a roll this year. Kevin Reed and the Venturini Motorsports guys have done a heck of a job giving me the best shot every week. I’ll do my part this week. Hopefully we can steal another one on the dirt,” said Eckes with a smirk. Eckes, a two-time ARCA series winner, has 24-career series starts to his credit. Monday’s matinee on the DuQuoin dirt mile will mark the teen’s 11th series appearance of the 2018 campaign. Eckes has led 250-laps on the season and 510 overall since making his ARCA debut at Nashville in 2016. In his last outing at Berlin Raceway, Eckes led a race high 43-laps and seemingly on his way to his third career victory before blowing his left front tire inside the final 20-laps of the race. He finished 11th. ARCA, considered the most versatile and leading auto racing sanctioning bodies in the country, has run 358 dirt races since the series’ inception in 1953. Of Venturini Motorsports’ 49-series victories, the longtime series team has earned five wins on dirt - three at Springfield and two at DuQuoin since 2010 – Steve Arpin (DuQuoin ’10), Brennan Poole (Springfield ’13), Kevin Swindell (Springfield ’14), Tom Hessert (DuQuoin ’16) and Christian Eckes (Springfield ’18). The ARCA race at Du Quoin is all part of a holiday doubleheader weekend of racing, featuring USAC Silver Crown on Sunday, September 2 and the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards on Monday, September 3. The race will start at 2:00PM CDT and will air live on MAVTV. http://www.venturinimotorsports.com/....cfm?cid=68531

IT IS 65TH ANNUAL General Tire Grabber 100/25TH ANNUAL BILL OLDANI Memorial RACE DAY AT THE DUQUOIN STATE FAIR!Tony Stewart and Ken Schrader Racing Inc. join all the stars of the ARCA RACING SERIES and the DIRTcar UMP Modifieds on Labor Day at the DuQuoin State Fair for dirt track stock car racing excitement at the final dirt mile automobile race of 2018. (not a nice word)Full details belowMonday, September 3DuQuoin State FairDuQuoin, ILMonday, September 3ARCA RACING SERIES presented by Menards65th Annual General Tire Grabber 100+ DIRTcar UMP Modifieds 25th Annual Bill Oldani Memorial $2,000 To Win FeatureMONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3 DUQUOIN TIMES:6:30 AM Pits & Registration8:00 AM Ticket Office & Grandstands9:45-10:45 AM ARCA Practice11:00-11:15 PM Modified Practice11:30 AM ARCA Qualifying12:30 PM UMP Modified 25th Annual Bill Oldani Memorial Feature1:00-1:30 PM Driver Autograph Session1:40 PM ARCA Driver Introduction1:58 PM National Anthem2:00 PM ARCA 65th Annual General Tire Grabber 100DUQUOIN TICKET INFO:Tickets will be available on raceday or by calling the DuQuoin Fair office at 618-542-1535. Info and tickets can also be obtained by calling the Track Enterprises office at 217-764-3200.RESERVED SEATINGAdvance Tickets (Presale)$25 Adults Per Day$10 Children 11 & Under Per DayDay Of Tickets (At Gate)$30 Adults Per Day$10 Children 11 & Under Per DayPIT PASSES$35 Adults Each Day$20 Children 11 & Under Each Day$50 Two-Day Pit PassMore Information:For more information, contact Track Enterprises by calling the office at 217-764-3200 or by visiting their website at www.trackenterprises.comFollow Track Enterprises online at https://www.trackenterprises.com/, like them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises), and follow them on Twitter (@TEIRacing)Follow ARCA online at www.arcaracing.com, like them on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ARCARACING)