Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What difference does it make whether Mott turns 5 laps and pulls off for $3600, or one of the touring big wigs does it?

Happens at all of the big $ races. Soon as cars gets lapped or 1st caution...half dozen guys pull a Nemechek and head to the pits for the night. This race will be no different.

I would argue Mott will be more likely to stay out there longer than some of the touring guys will if they don't think they can win.

Only way to stop that....
    28th, $3000
    27th, $4000
    26th, $5000
    25th, $6000...

When the bottom 12 guys get paid roughly the same & there's no points on the line what's the incentive to keep turning laps?
    Last edited by Zonks32x; 08-22-2018 at 09:51 PM.

https://racingnews.co/2018/08/22/201...-points-final/

Here’s the story behind what Mott pulled off. No sponsors, did it all himself. Made the most out of what he had to work with it sounds like.

The 4 fan provisionals start 25-28, all spelled out on their site.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Nothing against Mott, but if the race is a financial success and is ran again next season, could it end up with 4 Mott type cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmagnet View Post
    Nothing against Mott, but if the race is a financial success and is ran again next season, could it end up with 4 Mott type cars?
    Who cares? It helps grow the purse for the race. 24 other guys still have a shot to make the show, which is still more than most sanctioned shows that only take 22 because of the series provisionals. I am glad there aren't any series provisionals on Saturday. And at the end of the day the 4 cars starting in the back helped put more money into the other 24 drivers' pockets.

I think iys a good thing, what if 4 Mott type guys do it next year and they bring in some type of company or a group that never would have looked at dirt racing and it helps the sport grow. It could happen the more ways to create exposure the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    What difference does it make whether Mott turns 5 laps and pulls off for $3600, or one of the touring big wigs does it?

Happens at all of the big $ races. Soon as cars gets lapped or 1st caution...half dozen guys pull a Nemechek and head to the pits for the night. This race will be no different.

I would argue Mott will be more likely to stay out there longer than some of the touring guys will if they don't think they can win.

Only way to stop that....
    28th, $3000
    27th, $4000
    26th, $5000
    25th, $6000...

When the bottom 12 guys get paid roughly the same & there's no points on the line what's the incentive to keep turning laps?
    This is what I have said for years. The difference in finishing positions needs to be steeper at all these races. I bet you would see better racing and more hurt feelings!

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmagnet View Post
    I like seeing guys like that having a good paycheck. Dirt racing needs those guys.

Dont matter with just show up points a series regular will not be hurt by missing it...

Don’t pay any attention to me. I’m old fashioned, I hate passing points and much prefer two laps of qualifying and straight up heat races. Just what I was raised on.

I agree with this post.Only way to stop that....28th, $300027th, $400026th, $500025th, $6000...When the bottom 12 guys get paid roughly the same & there's no points on the line what's the incentive to keep turning laps?

On a side note I once saw the leader get taken out on the last lap coming to the checkers causing 7 more cars to pile up the 8th place guy dove to the infield to avoid it took the win

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    On a side note I once saw the leader get taken out on the last lap coming to the checkers causing 7 more cars to pile up the 8th place guy dove to the infield to avoid it took the win
    This is how bloomer will win!😁
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    bloomer will win!
    Now you're making sense. Hahahahahaha

I'd say Mott will do 100 laps, if something doesn't happen to keep him from completing it. A lot of regional guys don't ever experience a 100 lapper, and that's the goal of a lot guy to make at least one. If he's right there on the same level as Matt Irey, he'll be able to handle a car and stay out of the way.

I think it's kind of dumb in one way, but cool in another how the guy made the show. Everybody has been talking about the guy, so he's already gotten his name out there. Mission accomplished.

Says the top 4 in both features are locked into Saturdays event.

Tyler Horst runs around Winchester, Cumberland, and wherever else semi local. Ive seen him at the world finals and a few other big races over the last few years. Not sure if hes won anywhere but he's got some $ behind him from somewhere