Default Cash Money 100 $25,000 to win

HUGE events coming up including a $25,000 to win Steel block late model show! Details attached or visit www.fayettevillemotorspeedway.com for details!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Loved watching steel blocks in our area for a long time then they all disappeared pretty much. Wish they would have kept them around. Great racing IMO!

ATTENTION RACE TEAMS...The 2018 $25,000 to win Cash Money 100 rules will follow the Fayetteville Motor Speedway weekly rules with a few exceptions. Those rules can be found at www.fayettevillemotorspeedway.com. Below you will find the exceptions and some clarifications/reminders. Also, we will have an open practice Thursday night October 11th. TIRE RULE- Hoosier 1350 open or spec/AR 48 or harder on all four corners at all times. Crate Racing D21 and D55 ok. RR options for feature only will be Hoosier 1450, 1600, D-70 or American Racer 53, 56, 70. Tires will be marked after qualifying and must stay on those tires until the feature. All 4 tires may be changed before the feature. Tire samples will be taken throughout the racing program. ENGINES- Pop-up pistons allowed add 25 lbs. NO raised runner heads. National Late Model Sportsman legal engines allowed. Sealed CT-525 engines will weigh 2300 lbs. Dry sump allowed ALL engine combinations. SUSPENSION- No spring/"biscuit" rods on rear suspension. Air shocks OK 3/4" maximum shaft diameter and gas pressure must not surpass 250 lbs. 3/4" maximum shaft diameter on all shocks. NO inverter shocks/dampers. NO air dumps. Chain limiters will be checked. Fuel pit stop at 25 laps, tires must stay on. Most other service ok. 50 lb. weight burn off after feature. $200 Entry will remain in effect until October 11th, $250 after. Entry fee needs to be sent to 5015 High Branch Ct. Stedman NC 28391. If you have any questions about tech please ask beforehand. Do NOT assume you are legal if you have any doubt. We look forward to seeing each of you soon!

This will bring the cherry pickers in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    This will bring the cherry pickers in.
    My thoughts exactly. Just like the Mod Mania I was reading about in Illniois. Sucks for the guy that support steel blocks all year long. Why 25k to win in a series that was not set up to bring in big money. This sport just shoots itself in to foot so often!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Just like the Mod Mania I was reading about in Illniois. Sucks for the guy that support steel blocks all year long. Why 25k to win in a series that was not set up to bring in big money. This sport just shoots itself in to foot so often!
    Races like this is why the sport is dying... have a big race but keep it justified to what the racers in that class can handle... A race like this will bring in teams that can out spend the average “Steel Block Racer”. A 5,000 or even a 10,000 to win is enough...

Limit it to guys who have ran x number of steel block races this year. But that hurts the promoter. So not sure what the answer would be. It's great for this guys to get to race for that kind of money

Everybody will be at the world anyway. It may draw a few ringers, but most wont notice anyway.

You can’t really tell a racer he’s too good to be at your race. That’s called discrimination and the promoter would be cutting his own throat. Fayetteville is a crappy track anyway.

2015- $10,000 to win 2016--$10,000 to win 2017- $10,000 to win 2018- $25,000 to win to go along with the $25,000 to win World of Outlaws feature back in May! All of this to celebrate our 50th Anniversary! We give our racers top to bottom races that will get them exposure as a division and for the most part majority of the racers around here are excited and seeing the improvements in the racetrack and facilites! Hope you guys can come join us for a great race!

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt
    Everybody will be at the world anyway. It may draw a few ringers, but most wont notice anyway.

You can’t really tell a racer he’s too good to be at your race. That’s called discrimination and the promoter would be cutting his own throat. Fayetteville is a crappy track anyway.
    A little different situation but I know one of the first years of the B mod nationals at Mississippi Thunder Speedway they had a rule that prevented drivers who had won in an a mod, latemodel or sprint car from participating unless they had run 20 shows in a b mod that year. Same sort of thing could apply here with some tweaks.

http://www.mississippithunder.com/20...onalsRULES.pdf

No Drivers that have won a feature event in 2011 or through August 27th, 2012(entry deadline), in any of the following classes will be allowed to compete, (A Modified, Late Model, Sprint Car).
    However, If you do not meet the above listed criteria but are a licensed B Mod driver and have competed in at least
    20 sanctioned B mod events in 2012 prior to August 27th, 2012, you are eligible to enter this race. No exceptions. All
    other drivers are welcome to participate.
    Last edited by i like racing; 10-03-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i like racing View Post
    A little different situation but I know one of the first years of the B mod nationals at Mississippi Thunder Speedway they had a rule that prevented drivers who had won in an a mod, latemodel or sprint car from participating unless they had run 20 shows in a b mod that year. Same sort of thing could apply here with some tweaks.

http://www.mississippithunder.com/20...onalsRULES.pdf

No Drivers that have won a feature event in 2011 or through August 27th, 2012(entry deadline), in any of the following classes will be allowed to compete, (A Modified, Late Model, Sprint Car).
    However, If you do not meet the above listed criteria but are a licensed B Mod driver and have competed in at least
    20 sanctioned B mod events in 2012 prior to August 27th, 2012, you are eligible to enter this race. No exceptions. All
    other drivers are welcome to participate.
    Big crate races did that at first. Then they realized big names sold tickets.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Big names will be at Eldora that weekend

Never saw race car with a "steel" engine....and what the heck is an "inverter" shock...

Yeah I know I'm a grumpy old bast*rd but words have meanings.... now back to my old MB with the cast iron driveshaft, magnesium body and fiberglass engine.
    Last edited by Krooser; 10-05-2018 at 06:09 AM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Next weekend Oct.26-27 is the makeup date for The Cash Money 100 paying $25,000 to win $1,200 to start! Rules can be found on the web at www.fayettevillemotorspeedway.com or the facebook page!