Default Leading the right front

Is it advantages to lead the right front on a modified? Building a new car and was thinking about it but never tried it before. Thanks

It is supposed to help turn the car especially while on the throttle but it sacrifices drive off according to the guys I have talked to that have tried it on modifieds. Don't have any personal experience with it myself.

Depends on the stub what was stated above is true. Its a Catch 22 the more momentum you can carry because it turns in better the less mechanical drive you need. It really can help the car get in you can Trail the LF without messing up steering geometry because you literally turn the stub on the jig.

How far are they leading the right over the left?

Quote Originally Posted by 47ford View Post
    How far are they leading the right over the left?
    Depends on caster and clip, I've heard as much as 1.5 remember when you put caster in a car that changes lead.

i always felt trailing the right rear produced the same basic results...

Depending on your rules, you can manipulate/fabricate different lca mounts(heims) and gain a fair amount. We did it many years ago on a Chevelle front clip.

Rules say no moving of the mounts, Is it something you can feel? Just wondering if it worth the time to change it.

You aren't moving the mounts, thats the whole point to turning the stub so you don't move any mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by 47ford View Post
    Rules say no moving of the mounts, Is it something you can feel? Just wondering if it worth the time to change it.
    We didn't move the mounts on the frame, just modified the mounts on the control arm.

Its been many years, but I think we gained about an inch or so.
    Last edited by ZERO25; 08-27-2018 at 09:29 PM.

When you turn the stub you won't mess up any steering geometry if you move mounts if its via the frame or bolt on parts you will change your steering geometry thats why we turn the stubs so you avoid that. Some builders do some don't Pierce chassis at one time had about the most of a turn its really a thing that will get the car into the corner at all cost but there is a compromise on exit, So it depends on driver and track just about like anything else. I know the big builder around here isn't turned stub and his car run well but we always have shaws which i think have some, and they run really good as well. So who knows!!!! but they literally just clock the stub around the center line

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    We didn't move the mounts on the frame, just modified the mounts on the control arm.

Its been many years, but I think we gained about an inch or so.

yes everyone turns the stub or modifies the mounts when assembling the frame... everyone