Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    If the 157 didn't want a boot in the fanny, he shouldn't slide to the high line and slow down. You can do that early in a race, but it's a invitation to get turned into the wall late. I like Mikey as well as anyone, but its just a method of blocking by taking the momentum away from the guy charging on the cushion.

A few years ago, Jarred Landers caught heII for short sliding Birkey at I80. Kind of the same deal.

Blocking is not illegal, but it will irritate the guy your blocking.
    You remember that.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I think I might know Epj a tad more than you.....we only live a few miles apart! He never has spoken negatively about any driver or owner in public.....and honestly, very little in private. He's a class act, all around!

fwiw....he didn't leave DB on great terms.....it was somewhat amicable!
    I never claimed to 'know him better', I do know a couple of the team members and have spoken to him when he is around, but by no means does that mean I 'know' him at all. I don't believe I ever claimed to.
    If he has ill feelings towards Pierce I don't know why he would say positive things about him at free will, I could understand if he was asked and didn't want to be negative, but he brought Pierce up himself. I'll try to remember to ask him about it at the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    If the 157 didn't want a boot in the fanny, he shouldn't slide to the high line and slow down. You can do that early in a race, but it's a invitation to get turned into the wall late. I like Mikey as well as anyone, but its just a method of blocking by taking the momentum away from the guy charging on the cushion.

A few years ago, Jarred Landers caught heII for short sliding Birkey at I80. Kind of the same deal.

Blocking is not illegal, but it will irritate the guy your blocking.
    How much you think that paid off for Bobby. If he didn't mess up his front he might won it. A little patience and timing goes long way in 100 laps specially with 30 laps still to go.

2 more laps and Bobby had another one locked up boys 😂

On a serious note, I hate it for Jimmy Owens. Dude can’t catch a break. Nice guy and a heluva clean racer. Hope he finds a horseshoe soon!

Putting on a couple sets of fresh tires doesn't hurt either. Earl played is smart. the 22 and 0 did too.

I think Bloomquist pitted twice. Was the first time too soon or was the second time to late? I don't think he ever had a flat at anytime.

Scott had a flat the 2nd time.

I was surprised Scott was not even a factor in the race. I expected him to be contending for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    2 more laps and Bobby had another one locked up boys 
    No it takes 10 more laps not 2 lol

Default centeroff

I agree about Owens. Was nice to see him have a good enough car to drive up thru the field and take the lead. Hated to see him fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Putting on a couple sets of fresh tires doesn't hurt either. Earl played is smart. the 22 and 0 did too.
    Right, Bobby was kind of a victim of his own sucess he made it up front so fast, nobody is gna go in for tires running in the top 5, while Earl and others had nothing to lose in their situation by coming in. Bobby had a good enough car to where he could of made it back up front easily. Maybe these guys will start pitting while up front now but who knows, hindsight is 20/20...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Right, Bobby was kind of a victim of his own sucess he made it up front so fast, nobody is gna go in for tires running in the top 5, while Earl and others had nothing to lose in their situation by coming in. Bobby had a good enough car to where he could of made it back up front easily. Maybe these guys will start pitting while up front now but who knows, hindsight is 20/20...
    Stuckey did a lot more than just change tires, ie, numerous shock changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    2 more laps and Bobby had another one locked up boys 
    If my aunt had a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) she would be my uncle so what is your point?

Bobby got 40k for running 2nd. Not bad for a nights work. Lol...

Booby got his as s handed to him by Earl is what he got!! Hahahahahaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    Bobby got 40k for running 2nd. Not bad for a nights work. Lol...
    Until you offset the cost of punishment the car took...

(I know I'm hating again lol)

You're just being truthfull.

That 40g cover the cost of all them smoked motors? Lol, I think not. Lmao some dang morris!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    How much you think that paid off for Bobby. If he didn't mess up his front he might won it. A little patience and timing goes long way in 100 laps specially with 30 laps still to go.
    If he didn't stop the blocking this time, he would have to do it all the time. You only give respect until you get none. Bobby did finish second. He could have been a push over and come in 5th to 10th. Also Maylar will have some patience the next time he thinks about blocking Bobby. That move probably gave Bobby 6 or 7 spots on a fast falling pay out, over the patience route.

The race track is full of mind games. If you understand them, it makes life easier.

Direct pay backs are few and far between, because it costs in car repair every time.