Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Mental midget. 😁Lmao!!!!

Midget bowling .... get it right!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

If I remember correctly, Earl let the teams vote for either a million to win or spread the money through the field. Easy to see how the teams voted.

I don't believe we'll hear anything about a second attempt at this event until the promoter counts up all the shekels from this first go 'round and sees how many were left over for himself.

If he made a nice haul for himself, then I think you'll hear more about version 2.0.

My personal opinion:
    1) Switch the name to the Payday 100.
    2) Guarantee a minimum amount to win...say $75k
    3) Guarantee a minimum amount to start...say $4k
    4) Do the whole donation/provisional thing again and add to the winner's share if the threshold to do so is met.
    5) Rest of the payout is locked in.
    6) Make it 3 provisionals and give Lucas 1 if it's one of their events again.
    7) Add a fan-vote provisional. Everyone who bought a ticket to attend the race and everyone who bought the pay per view gets one vote. Could be done on-line with limited hassle.
    The driver who didn't qualify for the A-main w/the most fan votes (by paying customers) gets in. That driver tags the field starting 25th.

Payout:
    $75k, $40k, $20k, $18k, $17k, $16k, $15k, $14k, $13k, $12k, $11k, $10.5k, $10k, $9.5k, $9k, $8.5k, $8k, $7.5k, $7k, $6.5k, $6k, $5.5k, $5k, $4.5k, $4k

Total $352.5k
    *Winner's share can increase based off fan donations, just like this year.

You want another wrinkle, add $2500 (making the total purse $355k) $500 bonus to the driver leading the race on lap 10, 30, 50, 70, & 90.

Another idea would be to institute lap sponsors (Minimum $100)
    For example...Pierce fans love them some 32...so the Bobby Pierce fan club could put up $100 and the leader of lap 32 earns that donation. JD fans can take lap 49. Bloomer fans can take two laps... 0 and give the $ to the pole-sitter and of course lap 18. There will be at least a dozen rockets in the field, so Mark Richards could personally sponsor 12 laps including lap 1. Canadian fans you have lap 7.
    Twenty seconds in and we got 1/6th of the laps covered.

Get DoD and Arizona Sports Shirts involved again...and have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    Didn't you know? Tony pays all that out of his pocket just because he's such a nice guy.
    Yep. All out of his pocket. Lol

Talk about a race that could pay a million, with a nice purse, it’s The World 100.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default C&B

Sure, Tony could pat a million for winning the World. Thing is, that race could pay 20k and get the same cars. It's the one big race where the purse does not matter, like, at all.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Midget bowling .... get it right!
    You being the first pin, right? Hahahahahaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    I don't believe we'll hear anything about a second attempt at this event until the promoter counts up all the shekels from this first go 'round and sees how many were left over for himself.

If he made a nice haul for himself, then I think you'll hear more about version 2.0.

My personal opinion:
    1) Switch the name to the Payday 100.
    2) Guarantee a minimum amount to win...say $75k
    3) Guarantee a minimum amount to start...say $4k
    4) Do the whole donation/provisional thing again and add to the winner's share if the threshold to do so is met.
    5) Rest of the payout is locked in.
    6) Make it 3 provisionals and give Lucas 1 if it's one of their events again.
    7) Add a fan-vote provisional. Everyone who bought a ticket to attend the race and everyone who bought the pay per view gets one vote. Could be done on-line with limited hassle.
    The driver who didn't qualify for the A-main w/the most fan votes (by paying customers) gets in. That driver tags the field starting 25th.

Payout:
    $75k, $40k, $20k, $18k, $17k, $16k, $15k, $14k, $13k, $12k, $11k, $10.5k, $10k, $9.5k, $9k, $8.5k, $8k, $7.5k, $7k, $6.5k, $6k, $5.5k, $5k, $4.5k, $4k

Total $352.5k
    *Winner's share can increase based off fan donations, just like this year.

You want another wrinkle, add $2500 (making the total purse $355k) $500 bonus to the driver leading the race on lap 10, 30, 50, 70, & 90.

Another idea would be to institute lap sponsors (Minimum $100)
    For example...Pierce fans love them some 32...so the Bobby Pierce fan club could put up $100 and the leader of lap 32 earns that donation. JD fans can take lap 49. Bloomer fans can take two laps... 0 and give the $ to the pole-sitter and of course lap 18. There will be at least a dozen rockets in the field, so Mark Richards could personally sponsor 12 laps including lap 1. Canadian fans you have lap 7.
    Twenty seconds in and we got 1/6th of the laps covered.

Get DoD and Arizona Sports Shirts involved again...and have at it.
    Actually, there's some logic to some of these ideas. Not bad. I could support an event similar to this layout, just at a different venue.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Actually, there's some logic to some of these ideas. Not bad. I could support an event similar to this layout, just at a different venue.
    Where will you find a better venue?

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    You said that with a striaght face? Mansfield is not on most peoples top venues. If I'm wrong, I surr haven't seen it or heard it within the racing community.
    The surface of the track alone makes it a bad venue. The food was average at best. I think the track isn't wide enough, like the grandstands. Shouldn't have to bring a helmet to a race. Many tracks have better prices as well when it comes to drinks, and food. I wasn't even impressed with the setup of merchandise trailers. Maybe I expected too much out of a race called the "Dirt Million"?

Well, Look on the bright side, if they have it again next year they should have plenty of event sponsors lined up already. Who? Trial injury lawyers! I can see the backstretch lined with billboards that read something along these lines.

Hit by a rock? Don't scream. Call Akiem!
    " a rock leave you with a lump on the head? Dial all 9's and get a lump in your wallet instead!"
    "I got hit by a rock at the racetrack and wound up with a bigger payday than EPJ! Call Shyster law firm today and see what your rock is worth!"

You said that with a striaght face? Mansfield is not on most peoples top venues. If I'm wrong, I surr haven't seen it or heard it within the racing community.
    The surface of the track alone makes it a bad venue. The food was average at best. I think the track isn't wide enough, like the grandstands. Shouldn't have to bring a helmet to a race. Many tracks have better prices as well when it comes to drinks, and food. I wasn't even impressed with the setup of merchandise trailers. Maybe I expected too much out of a race called the "Dirt Million"?
    The track isn't even 2 years old yet. It's already been stated that the inside wall is being removed and new clay is being brought in from down south. But you're just going to write it off even though they have identified the issues and are trying to fix them? It doesn't make any sense to me why you people want all of the tracks to fail. And if you judge tracks based on the food and how they park the merch trailers then your priorities are all mixed up.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 08-27-2018 at 07:29 PM.

The venue is perfect. They just need to tweak a few things.

Someone who works at the track said Cody lost $25k on the earlier sprint race & that if he loses anything on this race he’s done with Mansfield & Milliron can scrap the aluminum grandstands & sell the property.

Quote Originally Posted by late model chaser View Post
    The venue is perfect. They just need to tweak a few things.
    You're being kind. It will take more than some tweaking. I was 100% on board with this race, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    Well, Look on the bright side, if they have it again next year they should have plenty of event sponsors lined up already. Who? Trial injury lawyers! I can see the backstretch lined with billboards that read something along these lines.
    You must live in the southeast......I see all those same commercials,lol.

If the track is that bad with rocks, I can't see them not fixing it.........for selfish reasons and the great racing aspect of it I'd like to see them run it or something like it at .Screven...Wythe.....or 311
    Cody and his team will get it figured out, guy is good for the sport.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The track isn't even 2 years old yet. It's already been stated that the inside wall is being removed and new clay is being brought in from down south. But you're just going to write it off even though they have identified the issues and are trying to fix them? It doesn't make any sense to me why you people want all of the tracks to fail. And if you judge tracks based on the food and how they park the merch trailers then your priorities are all mixed up.
    Listen, I want this track to succeed. I went to the race in support, not to expect disappointment. There are 6 or 7 big race events I go to per year. This just happens to be the first one I felt let down. It's my opinion. You are free to disagree.
    As far as priorities go, I don't mind a facility having bland food, or above average drink/food prices. However, if this is the case, you need to have a top notch facility (track surface, and prep guys included).
    A poor track causes other things, like food/drinks/merch trailers and such to stand out more.

VMS and Charlotte come to mind. All the bells and whistles and none of the rocks.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Listen, I want this track to succeed. I went to the race in support, not to expect disappointment. There are 6 or 7 big race events I go to per year. This just happens to be the first one I felt let down. It's my opinion. You are free to disagree.
    As far as priorities go, I don't mind a facility having bland food, or above average drink/food prices. However, if this is the case, you need to have a top notch facility (track surface, and prep guys included).
    A poor track causes other things, like food/drinks/merch trailers and such to stand out more.
    Agreed.......good racing can make a lot of things overlook able.

I hope they figure it out, happy for the EPJ win and thanks to Cody for being innovative and bringing new ideas to a sport that needs new ideas.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I attended this race as well and I thought the track Saturday night was pretty darn good. Food prices there weren't any higher than other tracks in Ohio with the exception of Eldora. I hope he continues to have big races at Mansfield. The facility is second to none and the location is ideal. As for the rocks he's addressing that and it is better than it was for the Lucas race in July. Not sure why so many people are against Cody and Mansfield. I for one am greatful that he is coming up with new ways to promote and putting on bigger paying events. I attended the sprint car world championship, Lucas Oil in July, the Dirt Million and plan on attending the Shawshank 100.