Default LR Bite Shock on IMCA Stock Car

I have been reading that a shock that is overly stiff on compression on the LR can make a metric chassis loose what's your guys opinion on one of these shocks?

It could make the car loose on entry by keeping the LR planted harder.

Ok I just don't understand how a 90/10 shock on the Lr on one of these cars will help make bite. I can see how it does on a sportmod or modified where you use the bar to drive the tire but this suspension is way different the spring never comes unloaded and the lower trailing arm hardly helps stick the tire in the dirt.

with no compression , on conventional rt frt set up , the lft rear will unload pretty quick , but a lot of comp will hold it up longer , it has a lot to do with timing when controlling the left rear through the turn....

It seems to me that the left rear unloading would have more to do with the rebound of the shock, and if you cut compression on that corner you would get weight onto that corner of the car quicker when getting back on the gas. I have always understood a shock as a timing device the compression determines how quickly that corner gets loaded and the rebound determines how long the weight will stay on that corner before releasing. I'm just trying to understand why a high a 90/10 or a 90/20 high gas shock would be better than say a 40/20 or even 50/20 shock with low gas especially in the slick when you need that corner to traction up fast.

to much rebound will hinder the lft rear "tractioning up fast" , the high compression will help it keep traction on that tire longer , but these are just general generic thoughts , way to many variables involved with to days race cars to rely on general ideas.......

Quote Originally Posted by racing08 View Post
    I have been reading that a shock that is overly stiff on compression on the LR can make a metric chassis loose what's your guys opinion on one of these shocks?
    If the car is doing any lifting or anti-squatting on the LR or back of car for that matter, then went getting off the gas the back of car or LR is going to come down. If or when that happens, a extremely stiff LR shock can act like a hydraulic spring and basically increases the load on the LR by being hydro locked. So the car temperately thinks the car has a ton of LR bite/wedge in the car, thus can cause a loose condition.

Hopefully that makes sense, but how noticeable this is has a lot to do with how much lift/anti-squat the car has and how badly the car wants to drop on entry.

What are your thoughts on this shock helping with bite off the corner its tough to say whether or not the car is lifting the lr on acceleration.

I dont like an overly stiff lr shock on my car. I run an 8-2 but with only 25psi of gas. High gas pressure in the lr makes my car way to loose on entry. Doesnt fit my driving style at all.

Who do you recommend for a shock builder?