Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dirt million .40

So much for the book it and they will come theory. I’d have that race at Brownstown or Farmer city or even Magnolia. Track was rough as a WV highway. Also 28 cars started and received 4K which was roughly the same pay the 7th place driver received. Pay should have been 150k 50k 30k 20k 15k 10k 9k 8k 7k 6k 5k 4k and whatever the rest of the math is. 405k in the pot and imo the payout needed to be distributed differently. Maybe the guys who raced in and didn’t need the provisionals got a bonus for loyal fans? Who knows??

Well you go have your race with this pay out somewhere

Hey there mr. Thread starter.

You say that 7th position payed about the same as last position.

7th place payed $7300. That is close to double what last payed...

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Well you go have your race with this pay out somewhere
    Your logic is ancient! Give an opinion like the thread starter instead of this same old horse crap! Lol

I wasn’t there but I would say the updates on 4m were the most entertaining I had ever read. I was literally on the edge of my seat reading it all as it came in. Can’t wait for next years Dirt Million.

I didn’t contribute at all this year but will definitely next year. I think a lot of people are in that same boat. They should keep it called the Dirt Million. Maybe next year it hits a it. Maybe the year after. Who cares. It’s going to grow and the purse will be more next year that’s a guarantee.

It seemed to me that it was a success. Thanks to the promoter guy for the great idea. I love seeing the high payouts even if 7th or 12th pays the same as last. $4K to start is impressive for late models. After reading all the comments on other threads it really shows how much of a thankless job these promoters have. Seems there’s always a group of people upset with them no matter what. Probably want to get those rocks picked up though.

The problem is Cody owns that race ..few promoters would chance paying a purse like that. It ain't easy or everybody would be doing it.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Promotion team made more than Earl and Earl appreciated Cody in victory lane for sticking his neck out and taking a chance. The purse was paid by the people before the final purse was announced. It’s like knowing the outcome of the Super Bowl in September. All and all I think it was good for the sport, marketing was somewhat false imo, website designer did a fine job, picked the wrong track for the event and last but not least had Tony Stewart decided to campaign and have a 30k to win race the exact weekend it would have been the Dirt 2750$ with a total car count of 11. He tried and probably made more in a night than the average working man did in a year so cudos! Wrong track folks!

One thing is for sure. More money went into the purse than the track down the road that the money mainly goes in the bank.

When elders paid a million to win Steve smith ran second an got 50 thousand everybody said that was a big drop Steve said where else can you run second an get 50 thousand.

Faremer City, Brownstown, or Magnolia?! Seriously??!! These places hold hardly near enough crowd for a race of that magnitude.

I just noticed that elder as total purse is more than the million 437,000 too 405,000 an nobody had too send them any money

What are you talking about. They have had most of that money in the bank drawing interest since, what, November. Its called advanced ticket sales. And that total purse is for all three days.

I'd keep it there and take out the nascar wall.. put a net in front of flagman or just get fresh clay brought in and within then next few years it could hit 7 figures..

Very optimistic opinions. To say you guarantee the purse will grow next year is quite bold considering how many people at the track said they wouldn't be back next year.
    Good luck with that prediction and the one who thinks it will ever reach a 7 figure payout.
    I will spend my money at Cedar Lake, Knoxville, Florence, Eldora, I-80, and FALS.
    Mansfield has a long way to go before it feels normal to mention their name with those tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I just noticed that elder as total purse is more than the million 437,000 too 405,000 an nobody had too send them any money
    Eldora's purse is for 3 full nights of racing... 4-$10,000 to win features and Saturdays $51,000 to win 100 lapper
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

Mansfield also had twin features paying $10,000 to win each feature on Friday night

If you compare weekend purse to weekend purse, Mansfield paid more than Eldora is for the World; but not by that drastic an amount. And Eldora is spread throughout the field a lot more as it's all on the entry blank and what all the contingency's and ROTY and bonus money's are being paid out.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Faremer City, Brownstown, or Magnolia?! Seriously??!! These places hold hardly near enough crowd for a race of that magnitude.
    People are morons and have no clue how business works. And why would a track promoter have a race at somebody else's track. This guy makes absolutely no sense at all. The racing was great, they'll fix the issues and make improvements, what is the big deal? It's stupid how quickly people want to discount new big events instead of embracing them and hoping they grow. I don't get all the negativity toward what is one of the top 5 best dirt facilities in the country.

Gear Head,,,,because this is 4M

It was a great idea. And they put on a great race! Thank you Cody for thinking outside the box and taking a chance for the fans & drivers. Did it have some growing pains? (Yes) But, so did the Dome race. The first night of racing at the Dome was over at like 2.30am. And it just got better from there. Some haters just like to hate. And that is sad for the sport.