Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    People are morons and have no clue how business works. And why would a track promoter have a race at somebody else's track. This guy makes absolutely no sense at all. The racing was great, they'll fix the issues and make improvements, what is the big deal? It's stupid how quickly people want to discount new big events instead of embracing them and hoping they grow. I don't get all the negativity toward what is one of the top 5 best dirt facilities in the country.
    Mansfield is a fine facility that most race tracks should try to duplicate, but it's not a dirt track. It was one of the better races I've seen for being a paved track covered in dirt. Hopefully it continues to grow and they get the bugs worked out.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Mansfield is a fine facility that most race tracks should try to duplicate, but it's not a dirt track. It was one of the better races I've seen for being a paved track covered in dirt. Hopefully it continues to grow and they get the bugs worked out.
    I agree, the facility itself is quite nice. I suppose I just take the entire experience (facilities included).
    If all these bugs do get worked out (especially the track, and maybe draw the 50/50 BEFORE the race starts lol) I will come back. Going to sit it out for a couple years and see how this goes.

Honestly if you want to complain about the pay out drops look at the hillbilly this weekend

I liked the name of the thread. I will say this much, as much as I agree with not calling something its not (dirt million), I give props to Cody for coming into a 'sport' or 'industry' and trying to disrupt it. He is trying more than 98% of the other promoters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Very optimistic opinions. To say you guarantee the purse will grow next year is quite bold considering how many people at the track said they wouldn't be back next year.
    Good luck with that prediction and the one who thinks it will ever reach a 7 figure payout.
    I will spend my money at Cedar Lake, Knoxville, Florence, Eldora, I-80, and FALS.
    Mansfield has a long way to go before it feels normal to mention their name with those tracks.
    I would be surprised if the words "dirt million" are even mentioned next year. Maybe a new name will be created.
    New clay would be a great plus. And as mentioned by another poster, the issue of carrying rocks onto the track with equipment and cars needs to be fixed.

Best wishes to Mansfield Speedway.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 08-29-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    If you compare weekend purse to weekend purse, Mansfield paid more than Eldora is for the World; but not by that drastic an amount. And Eldora is spread throughout the field a lot more as it's all on the entry blank and what all the contingency's and ROTY and bonus money's are being paid out.
    Eldora is a 3 day purse, Mansfield was only 2 days

Let,s compare apples to apples
    World 100 feature $188,600
    Mansfield feature $405,000

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    Hey there mr. Thread starter.

You say that 7th position payed about the same as last position.

7th place payed $7300. That is close to double what last payed...
    The haters don't let facts get in the way of their negativity.

Mansfield may be a fine facility but like the HH said, not a dirt track. The track was terrible and the cars were bouncing so much I bet everyone watching had to see the chiropractor Monday morning. Half the field broke or had flats and it wasn’t the Hoosier folks fault. Hel1, the flagman looked like he went 12 rounds with Tyson. Cody is trying and that’s a good thing but take Bobby Pierce, Owens and EPJ out of that race and it’s a pure snoozer. Hadn’t seen the chicken wire in front of the cokpit and most of the smart ones went ahead and zip tied it on there. You would kill knee high corn if you tried to plant in that gravel pit. The first year and the name “dirt million” creates excitement and people traveled and paid. Next year will draw less cars and fans. Bet it

I can't stomach a 55 mph race like st.louis

It’s not a paved track covered in dirt. Pavement was removed & is piled behind the backstretch to the right of the pits.

I don't understand how it is not a dirt track? It is a track that's dirt, to me that makes it a dirt track.

Hopefully people will understand - it is a dirt track. All of the pavement was removed!