Default Birky to run the world and Knoxville nationals

"Brian met with Jason today. They have agreed to race the World 100 and Knoxville to finish the 2018 season. #FREEBIRKY"

I'm sure some seen it coming. It looks like we will be seeing Birky back at Eldora in a couple weeks, and will be running Knoxville the following week. That quote came from his Facebook fan page.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    "Brian met with Jason today. They have agreed to race the World 100 and Knoxville to finish the 2018 season. #FREEBIRKY"

I'm sure some seen it coming. It looks like we will be seeing Birky back at Eldora in a couple weeks, and will be running Knoxville the following week. That quote came from his Facebook fan page.
    Love hearing that! Will be there to see them both

Does that mean that there could be a Birky sighting in Florida in Feb. Man I sure wish he would come out of retirement and get back to it full time that would be pretty awesome

Marlar vs Birkhofer at Knoxville!! Does Marlar win 3rd time in row or does Birkhofer pick up his 3rd Knoxville national win. I pay just see them two race heads up at Knoxville.

This can't be. All the 4m experts have assured me his wife won't let him race. I mean, it had to be an impersonator in Ohio last weekend because the experts are never wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    This can't be. All the 4m experts have assured me his wife won't let him race. I mean, it had to be an impersonator in Ohio last weekend because the experts are never wrong!
    Nothing changes faster than a woman's mind.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I'd bet the fact that he's not paying the bills to race this time changes things quite a bit.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

That Scott Bloomquist guy could also pick up his third Knoxville win

From what I heard Birky say himself before semi retiring, and from someone that was with my company at the Mustaine division that knew Birky... Birky would be open to running if someone else was footing the bill and made life on the road pretty decent, and that his wife is not quite the obstacle as she's played to be. Guy was just tried of all the grind and money it took to be tied up in his own race car.
    Be interesting to see if this starts leading to more races, or if he's happy to just play a handful of times a year if someone calls.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    That Scott Bloomquist guy could also pick up his third Knoxville win
    That's nice

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    From what I heard Birky say himself before semi retiring, and from someone that was with my company at the Mustaine division that knew Birky... Birky would be open to running if someone else was footing the bill and made life on the road pretty decent, and that his wife is not quite the obstacle as she's played to be. Guy was just tried of all the grind and money it took to be tied up in his own race car.
    Better be careful, some around here get a little nervous when the truth gets mentioned.

I don't know why people can't just accept that maybe a guy gets tired of traveling and throwing his own money into what can seem like a bottomless pit.

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    Be interesting to see if this starts leading to more races, or if he's happy to just play a handful of times a year if someone calls.
    This. It’s how I always looked at it. And what I picked up from hearing him talk. If he really wanted to race, it wouldn’t matter what his wife said.

The grind, missing his family, paying all the bills himself, and just being burnt out. Being with a successful guy like Rauen in nice stuff, and he’s paying, you just provide some knowledge, it’s a good situation.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.