Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Huskerdirt I'm thinking it was the Ralph Latham show at Florence Hudson O'Neal won the rain shortened race

They only had 2 cars. They thought the motor went bad so they went to back up. Then i think back up messed up and the looked at 1st car and relised it wasnt motor it was something else. Plus I think it had to do w something like it broke in hot laps. Someone correct me besides "BLINDSTALKER" if im wrong
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by babybird1972 View Post
    It would be interesting to know which ones gave the thumbs down. It left a lot of fans scratching their hands and thinking WTF. Especially when the crates pulled out onto the track while doing after the race interviews.
    Difference between unsanctioned vs sanctioned. If that 10k lucas race was unsanctioned like the crates. Bet your ass they went full length, don't matter if only 4-5 cars crossed the checkered.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    They only had 2 cars. They thought the motor went bad so they went to back up. Then i think back up messed up and the looked at 1st car and relised it wasnt motor it was something else. Plus I think it had to do w something like it broke in hot laps. Someone correct me besides "BLINDSTALKER" if im wrong
    Correct that what happened

Short memories indeed.

Actually they said it was a transmission issue. But hey what do I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Correct that what happened
    That I've invaded his thoughts? Thats obvious. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Short memories indeed.
    Its just they get confused between reality and fantasy. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Nice cover!! It IS about Bloomquist! Had he been in the race this thread wouldn't even exist!!!! wow
    Did you read his first post? Bloomer screwed himself, that’s all. If the drivers gave a thumbs down, then that’s that. Now, if they continued racing, dunno if anyone can confirm they did, sounds as though they did, that’s BS. But I’d still let the drivers decide in the end. And a non Lucas guy won, so wasn’t really favoritism. Did it help JD, a lot, but I don’t think he played into the decision really at all. Though I could be wrong.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Cnb

If you're going to try and tell me that these same exact folks complaining today would have been complaining if Scott had been in the race and won under the same circumstances? Not a chance that they would have been. There would have been complaining, just not from the same folks. That was my point. Whether you want to admit it or not you know it's true.

Bloom missed the race. Drivers voted to not continue. Eddie Won. Congrats to Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Bloom missed the race. Drivers voted to not continue. Eddie Won. Congrats to Eddie
    Short and truthful.......................................... .....

Info from infield about thumbs up thumbs down davenports crew guy got official saying track was to greesy slick top 5 drivers carrier thumbs down pearson,richards thumbs up davenport thumbs down,hawkins thumbs up think hawkins had fastest car at the time of course the leader would give thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsbluer2 View Post
    Info from infield about thumbs up thumbs down davenports crew guy got official saying track was to greesy slick top 5 drivers carrier thumbs down pearson,richards thumbs up davenport thumbs down,hawkins thumbs up think hawkins had fastest car at the time of course the leader would give thumbs down
    Good call Lucas Oil.....

The doctor they started in the primary car then switched to the back up then they went back to the primary car

Lucas is showing favoritism to jd even tho Bloomer will wind up with that spoiler! They screwed him on Friday and before that let jd use whatever they had on the hauler to keep that spoiler on jd's car! How else is it that an averge joe like jd is in the point lead? Lol, its pretty obvious. 😏

Favoritism? I don't know. But a bad call? Definitely! Let's not forget last week at Mansfield we had rocks showering the grandstands. A suite window was busted and the race even had to be stopped when the Flagman was knocked unconscios! But the race must go on and continue it did. Where was this great concern for safety then? Does the safety of the fans not matter? Yet this week a slight mist falls and the show must be halted? Then to add insult to injury they bring out the crate late models and run their feature? If the track was too slick to race on, how do you justify that? I know it was probably the local track promoter who made the call to run the crates, but this shows there was little or no communication between the lucas officials and the local officials. How do you decide to end one feature because of weather and safety concerns, then proceed to complete another.

Bloomquist has nothing to do with this. He wasn't even in the show and would have lost a ton of points regardless. However, this is still a terrible call and very unprofessional on the part of Lucas. The fans are the ones who should be upset here. They got cheated out of a race without a valid excuse.

As for the drivers making a choice, how does that matter? What if the drivers at the World 100 next week, decided "He 100 laps at this place is too tough on our cars, tires, and engines. We only want to run 20 laps instead, because it'll cost us less wear and tear and save us a few bucks." And they decided this right before the feature. Would that be justification to shorten the show? What about all those fans who paid to be the World 100, not the World 20? Would they not be getting short changed? Sure the driver and teams are important and their opinion is worth something, but so are the fans. Maybe part of the reason dirt racing is declining is because way too many people have forgotten that!

Wow. Take a valium or three.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    If you're going to try and tell me that these same exact folks complaining today would have been complaining if Scott had been in the race and won under the same circumstances? Not a chance that they would have been. There would have been complaining, just not from the same folks. That was my point. Whether you want to admit it or not you know it's true.
    Of course you’re right on some. Just as it would be the same for JD, or anyone else. Some cannot separate their favoritism.

But if they really turned around and brought the crates out and they raced, then it was a BS call. But I was not there, Ponderosa doesn’t interest me, so I cannot say for sure. But to run a feature after it was “unsafe”, well, I’ll leave it at that.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️post of the day!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!