Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Around 2010 to 2015, there were local tracks running directly against the World, I remember Oakshade running and had a decent payout. I think that was kind of the reason Eldora went to the new format of multiple races with better payouts throughout the weekend.

Cyberwhip it was 2010 when Brian Rhulman decided to have a race against the World 100 at Oakshade. Also Moler and I think a few others ran that weekend. Eldora would be better in my opinion to go back to 2 days. Maybe run double features Friday then come back Saturday and have them draw to see what heat they are in and then have them hotlap/qualify based on heat and have an invert of 6.

Talking

Has the new unified national tire rule for DLM racing saved the sport yet?
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    100% that the new universal body rules and getting rid of the wedge cars, had a huge effect on car counts. Around 2014ish is when the cars started going back to wedge cars, least as far as the actual bodies are concerned and got worse from there.

Now obviously the economy and gas prices in 07/08 had a factor in the decline and some guys weathered the storm for a year or 2, then got out.
    There was a very small group of people back then that tried to warn people the direction we were headed in, nobody wanted to listen though. We were ridiculed and told we had no clue. It was always about the tires back then. What latest greatest tire rule would save the sport. Even as more and more tracks move away from weekly DLM racing the powers that be still only want to focus on the tires. Remember the big off season announcement the new unified national tire rule. I’ve seen more tracks going away from weekly DLM racing this season going to a limited number of races. Yeah that new tire rule will save the sport.
    Mike

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Eldora has honestly become a joke in the past 5 to 8 years. Its honestly sad. Just look at this past weekend. Thursday paid a Million to win, Friday paid $20k, Saturday paid $175k. 90 laps of sprint car racing (the million even had a fuel break to change tires!) and not one single pass for the lead!

They now have the 2 biggest late model races of the year left to go. Should be super exciting!

The product on the track is horrible in Sprints and Late Models. People keep buying tickets and cheap beer so Tony will continue on. Nothing will change until cars and fans stop watching/going. 'Merica!
    This is exactly what I said 10 years ago about the national series ( WoO and Lucas Oil) As the bodies started getting out of hand and cars started producing extreme downforce (downforce =$) and the racing started to suffer. As long as the fans continued to pack the stands and the local racers supported those series when the rolled into town nothing would change.

10 years later the “local racer” pool has dwindled. Tracks have moved away from weekly DLM racy. A lot are only running a limed number of races. There is no long enough local racers to support multiple tracks within a few hours of each other to run them on the same night. We are headed towards the extinction of local DLM racing.
    Mike

Facebook