Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    Some guys i race with in iracing works at HMS. They say the rumors in the garage is that kyle busch is buying furniture row and running the 77 and 78 with kurt. Truex to the 18 or the 19 and suarez to Levine family racing. Truex wont go to stewart haas because toyota is behind truex.
    Thats a lot of sponsorship to come up with. Thats reason furn row shutting down. Busch already found out how hard it was w his truck team. He wouldnt listen to what harvick had to say before he started team up.
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 09-05-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Nothing will change until the TV contract expires in 2024. The tracks get 65% of the TV money. That's how they get away with half full stands. The gate money is just gravy.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

They made bank at darlington then. That place was packed

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    They made bank at darlington then. That place was packed
    Because it's the only race worth watching or going to anymore......darlington will always be packed as long as they call it the southern 500 and race on Labor Day weekend.

Open rockingham and north wilksboro back up and i will edit this post.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Because it's the only race worth watching or going to anymore......darlington will always be packed as long as they call it the southern 500 and race on Labor Day weekend.

Going to be interesting to see what they do w rockingham w new owners.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Going to be interesting to see what they do w rockingham w new owners.
    One of the best circle tracks ever.......for actual racing with passing and stuff.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

Watched the race the other night and rather enjoyed the Broadcast with Jr and Dale Jarrett and Kyle Petty in the middle of the race. I agree on opening tracks like you mentioned back up. I give it 2 thumbs up.

Going to be called "rock entertainment complex"
    Looks like there going to race there along w other things like concerts and other stuff
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 09-05-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ddracing View Post
    Dirt Late Model?
    Oh come on!!!!

I thought you're discussing furniture here, huh. I came here for a furniture brand recommendation, but found some ginnys com reviews instead. Anyways, thank you for raising such an interesting topic, I have read every post in this thread.
    Last edited by samgood; 02-13-2023 at 12:40 AM.

I actually worked for big N for eight years (98-06) in a regional series. You could see mistakes being made back then when every new track and venue just had to be some cookie cutter clone of Charlotte. Who could not see how dumb that was? Texas, Kansas, Joliet, Kentucky...yawn. There was a great one mile track in Colorado at PPIR and NASCAR bought it, just to close it down and send the date to Martinsville and go cannibal on the facility. I get that they were over-saturated in the southeast but they never replaced the racing of Rockingham when they closed Rockingham.

I don't mind seeing some road course racing but they took the race from one of the best venues, Road America to create a street race in Chicago. Chicago has not been a successful venue for NASCAR in eons. They failed with a track in Cicero (slum) and they failed with the track in Joliet. So this street race is going to be the deal? I won't watch it.

I came home from shooting in a pool tournament and remembered the All Star race was on from LA. I tuned in about half way through the first segment. I seen Door Dash logos and banners everywhere and seen the Door Dash car in the lead. I wondered if "the call" was made and the fix was in as that used to happen in the old days. As soon as the half way break happened and the entertainment came on, I switched the channel.

NASCAR used to have, besides the national tours, the west series, the east series - which they still have paired with ARCA but their car counts are terrible at most places. They used to have four regional touring divisions, SE, SW, NW, MW and they ran them into the ground and killed them off. Now there seems to be a resurrection of sorts and a renewed interest in asphalt short track racing with investment coming from people like Dale Jr,, Harvick, Burton and some others. I hope NASCAR stays out of it. Remember the Baby Grands? Long gone. Remember the Busch All Stars? You better hope NASCAR never comes back to dirt. They still haven't figured out how to ruin asphalt modifieds, their oldest division.

The truck series was great at the inception. The early years of the trucks going to places like Evergreen, Bakersfield, Erie, and other short tracks was awesome. They made it extremely expensive when they had to go - to all those dang one/half miles and the big tracks. The monster $$ they created. Now Cup is becoming like some fendered F1 series and they are whittling down car counts and making it where only the uber rich can make it go.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.