Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Weiss

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They are just seeing how far they can take the lack of rules enforcement. They have a big expectation to fill.
    For sure, it’s not their fault but it’s a monkey see monkey do sport. Until the reset button gets hit on the rules, it’s never going to end.

The tech at Hales Corners required a small hole drilled into the main cage upright to measure the tubing thickness...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

That hole in the cage was/is still common out here too but I've never seen it checked.

I am a stickler, nobody is drilling a hole on any tube on the car. Not to mention unless you had a hole on every bar your checking it makes no sense. They make non distructive testing methods, we have to spend $2,000 on seats and $1,500 on fuel cells, oh and $700 on fire bottles I think it’s well within reason for the track to fork up the money to pay for or hire out thickness testing if they so desire.

Weiss won the John Seitz Memorial show Saturday night up in WISSOTA land. Same car? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Weiss won the John Seitz Memorial show Saturday night up in WISSOTA land. Same car? I dunno.
    His wissota car is the newer car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

RICKY WEISS ISSUE - WORLD 100 CAR.
    FROM A CREW GUY
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    RICKY WEISS ISSUE - WORLD 100 CAR.
    FROM A CREW GUY
    This thread be deleted next too. Can’t say anything bad about team house rocket owner.

The dude seriously checked every pipe he could reach on my car lol Even though I told him I don’t go fast enough to........

outrun Brian Gray!

Shady all I got to say. Atleast K.rumley has pride not jig up someone chassis to beat them or find away get them dq not be able to race.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he jigged up randy car give mark info on that one too.

So let me guess.......SB cars have this huge advantage or are less safe, because of the 1/8" smaller door bars? You don't even know the wall thickness of said door bars!

Some of yall need to get off the computer and turn a few wrenches on a dlm! smh

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    So let me guess.......SB cars have this huge advantage or are less safe, because of the 1/8" smaller door bars? You don't even know the wall thickness of said door bars!

It doesn’t matter if they’re weaker or stronger, they’re not legal. And it’s hilarious that everybody is taking this dude’s words as the gospel when he has no proof to back any of it up. This Facebook post is from the day it happened, and HDF is posting it now like it’s some startling relevation.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Almost certainly slightly less safe. But, you are correct it is something that doesn't matter. It is getting dq'd on a technicality.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Almost certainly slightly less safe. But, you are correct it is something that doesn't matter. It is getting dq'd on a technicality.
    BINGO.....it sounds like they were on a witch hunt and burnt the wrong one!

BINGO.....it sounds like they were on a witch hunt and burnt the wrong one!
    That the rumors I heard, tony and wrg was waiting on Bloomquist to get him on something. But look like got someone else. It does make since, who had that chassis before Bronson?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    That the rumors I heard, tony and wrg was waiting on Bloomquist to get him on something. But look like got someone else. It does make since, who had that chassis before Bronson?
    Lance Landers.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Question for my fabricators, when you "jig" a car does tubing size matter? Could you jig someones car exact but use a different size?...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Question for my fabricators, when you "jig" a car does tubing size matter? Could you jig someones car exact but use a different size?...
    Jigging refers to locating the suspension mounting points in space and other critical locations. The car won't act the same if you copy it, but use different size tubing in critical locations. Door bars not really being one of those. You don't need a jig to know the size of door bars. Just a measurement device.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Jigging refers to locating the suspension mounting points in space and other critical locations. The car won't act the same if you copy it, but use different size tubing in critical locations. Door bars not really being one of those. You don't need a jig to know the size of door bars. Just a measurement device.
    I think I follow so when you build a chassis jig it wont so much help you copy a car bend for bend how ever a jig will allow you to put all the mounts and such in the exact same place on a car every time?