Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Flood advisory until September 12

The Pond might be a better show... We wound up there after the initial Dirt Million date was rained out. Pretty unique place!

I know some folks in Chicagland are disappointed.

It's hard to reschedule this time of year without stepping on another show. It wasn't happening this weekend though.

This is like the 3rd straight day that it is supposed to flood here,but we're in a bubble or something. Gordon ain't got here yet, Got flash flood warnings all around us.
    Formerly 66#1

been raining all week in boone and they are racing every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Etil Nni View Post
    Chicago hasn't really lost much. The show was ok last year but nothing we can't live without. Ill gets its share if great racing.... The hundred needs to run.....
    Yeah,the show must go on! The Route 66 track hasn't really impressed me,but it isn't the worst racing I've ever seen either.

Oh,and the floods finally hit here. Coming down good now with thunder and lightning to boot.
    Formerly 66#1

Campground is NOT a disaster! I'm here, gonna stay til morning, seen way worse😁

Quote Originally Posted by chopter View Post
    tony pussies out again.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopter View Post
    been raining all week in boone and they are racing every day.
    Boone, Boone? It’s in freakin Iowa, Eldora is Ohio. Three plus inches of rain are expected, I’ve been there after torrential downpours, it’s not good. The inside pits becomes a pond. You going to pay for these haulers and cars that get trashed. Or how trashed the grounds will be, and all the vehicles that get destroyed.

It’s beyond a doubt the right call, not even close. And I have my tickets for tomorrow. Sometimes just using common sense and looking ahead at the big picture can do miracles for ya. Try it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    Campground is NOT a disaster! I'm here, gonna stay til morning, seen way worse
    Stay all weekend, let us know how much worse it gets buddy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Etil Nni View Post
    I hear boone runs in all weather related conditiins. Eldora is falling behind! 
    Yeah, it’s pretty close to Eldora, they just aren’t vaginas at Boone like Eldora.

Not questioning why it was postponed, but curious if the World has ever been postponed before?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Not questioning why it was postponed, but curious if the World has ever been postponed before?
    I know for sure it was in 1990, I think it was ran in mid October.

Yes, but never cancelled.

Lol.... CNBF, I'll let you guys knows when "panic" sets in. 😁

is the water wetter in Ohio? 3 inches oh gosh I hope someone has an ark ready.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Postponed in 1989 to the first week of Oct. Postponed twice in 1990 and wound up running Oct 13 or there about. I just know I couldn't make the third one after I went to the first two attempts and got soaked. 1990 a horrible year for rainouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Oh no, TSfan done told us they would get the shows in, so start watering the track!!!!
    TS will own up to Thursday and Friday. Said Saturday not likely. All that happened was the rain picked up its pace to make my Friday prediction go South. LOL Here is another prediction. Bloom laps the field when it does run. I am just amazed that he has cars that much faster than everyone else.

You need bail money Etil? Last remaining occupants of the campground building an Ark now, text you when/if we escape😎

Chicken!!!! Stay through Saturday night!!!!

They are getting more breaks in the weather at Boone than Eldora. Plus thier track prep equipment is a bit more sophisticated than Eldora and obviously the track is smaller.

Have limited supply of alcohol, gotta leave Sunday morn. ASAP.

So what’s everyone doing tonight then? Golf kart races? Poker tourney?