Thread: Oil restrictors

Default Oil restrictors

Any one have a problem with the mains not getting enough oil and destroying the bearings when using oil restrictors

If you are talking about the screw in restrictors for the lifter galley in a SBC, no, I have never had any problems with them. They are used to restrict oil to the lifters, pushrods and rockers and to keep more oil on the mains and rods.

I have ran them on roller motors to cut the flow to the valvetrain. I only wish I hadn't used them on my non-roller, flat tappet solid cam, "stock rocker", engine. It cost me a set of pretty expensive lifters and rockers. All from lack of oil.

they come with different hole sizes, you probably got some for a roller cam not flat tappet.

I am running a roller cam. Never had a problem before but didn't use oil restrictors. Thinking I'm just going to put the factory plugs back in it and try that. Also it's a mowtown block

restrictors restrict oil to the top end not the bottom

they did not and can not cause you to have a issue with your crank or rod brgs

I misread your original post.

Ok.. thhanks. I think it's something the machine shop did cuz now they want me to take my block back to them for when ever reason when they had all my parts before when they said they line bored it