Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Actually CnB no I wasnt I didnt know what to think, they did pass lie detector test, I didnt think Bobby would do such a thing didnt know about DB. Not a good comparison tho the tires are always debatable this was cut n dry rule infraction..Its just funny people go as far as they do just because Scotts name is tied to this people will defend to the death no accountability..those same people if were anybody else theyd be through the roof calling the person a cheater and thats what they get...lol but something to do with Scott nope everyone elses fault...
    And there ya go off the deep end. It’s a bar on a car 1/8” off, not a performance advantage. Car is illegal, per the current rules, it’s illegal. It’s the way it was brought up that’s crappy. If we were talking about tires, shocks, motor, suspension gadgets, oh yeah, any of them, should be a dq. This too if we are going to start following the rules to a T.

I don’t see anyone defending it, they are calling bs on the way it was brought to their attention. Huge difference.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

When will these delusional spenders realize that the magic isn’t Scott Bloomquist car .... the magic is Scott Bloomquist. Yes Bloomquist can make nearly anyone run better than they do with his full support but who’s to say any amount of spending will get you that ?? The delusion is that with his full support a guy who struggles to make 10k shows will be a world 100 winner ... If you aren’t super talented especially when it gets slick it doesn’t matter what car you have. And I honestly believe if you or someone on your team can’t take a car and make it able to do what you want/ need it to you probably won’t be a factor is this caliber of races anyway. These cars are tubing and brackets , any reasonably skilled fabricator should be able to make it work with enough effort

Maybe the Mueller team can get to bottom of this Rocket collusion theory. Anonymous sources continue to state that Rocket client Vlady Bronsky met with high level Rocket officials numerous times and vast amounts of money has been exchanged thru Bronsky's connections at Brandon towers in Florida. CNN (4m) will continue to investigate these allegations and has dedicated reporters Omarosa and Stormy to the story.

I am with Huck on this one, and also know it will never change.

CnB said it right as well, Illegal your out.

Most of us just think its pretty pathetic on Rockets part, i really hope there business suffers over it, but it wont.

Anybody want to lay some bets now on all new Rocket Chassis coming out next year? XR2 ?? LOL i bet it will even have a reverse right front strut on it LOL.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Maybe the Mueller team can get to bottom of this Rocket collusion theory. Anonymous sources continue to state that Rocket client Vlady Bronsky met with high level Rocket officials numerous times and vast amounts of money has been exchanged thru Bronsky's connections at Brandon towers in Florida. CNN (4m) will continue to investigate these allegations and has dedicated reporters Omarosa and Stormy to the story.
    LOL.....4m Zero/Rocket haters are in full meltdown mode!

Another question here is that if someone buys a used race car , that was built before
    certain rules . How can they really know . Even if the builder forgets some fine details .
    I mean come on , If it weigh in It should pass . I thought they were hunting for
    a obvious cheating susp rule . How does a 1/8 in tube effect anything . Besides
    that why not a penalty of some kind . CHEAP SHOT BY ELDORA . Tony trying
    to get even . He loves rocket boy .

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    Another question here is that if someone buys a used race car , that was built before
    certain rules . How can they really know . Even if the builder forgets some fine details .
    I mean come on , If it weigh in It should pass . I thought they were hunting for
    a obvious cheating susp rule . How does a 1/8 in tube effect anything . Besides
    that why not a penalty of some kind . CHEAP SHOT BY ELDORA . Tony trying
    to get even . He loves rocket boy .
    What would be great , now that it has been postponed ,that if he fixes it and comes
    back and blast their azz , and win .

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    What would be great , now that it has been postponed ,that if he fixes it and comes
    back and blast their azz , and win .
    Maybe but I don't think he is quite yet ready to contend at Eldora. His best finish there I believe was 12th at this past Dream

To those that are saying, "what difference does 1/8" make". Think about this. If it doesn't have any kind of a benefit, why did Bloomquist build it that way?? That guy thinks two to three moves ahead all the time. He wouldn't have built it like that if it didn't have some kind of bearing on the performance of the car...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc88D View Post
    To those that are saying, "what difference does 1/8" make". Think about this. If it doesn't have any kind of a benefit, why did Bloomquist build it that way?? That guy thinks two to three moves ahead all the time. He wouldn't have built it like that if it didn't have some kind of bearing on the performance of the car...
    Weight , in different areas . Its not what you use , but where you put it .

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Sounds like it.....and for once , Mark isn't the biggest jackass in the equation,lol.

I hope the Weiss kid does the "killer" stomp in victory lane every time he rolls in from here on out......
    You sound like a real "Weiss" guy!!!!! hahahahaha

I know for a fact that there isn't always science to back up what he does. Just like everyone else. Dude is good, but not a God. Can't even get to the races on time all the time. lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thumbs down

Its a door bar and the rule was changed after the car was built. At least that is my understanding. If its true, that things are so desperate at NASA that they are calling out door bar diameter in attempts to take players off the board. That's pathetic. Obviously not motivated by a concern for anyone's safety, which is about as pathetic as you can get. Had it been a body infraction, or suspension related, or maybe engine setback, or deck height I'd be on board with calling someone out. If it really is all about a door bar, I'd be ashamed to mention it, much less cry to an official...
    It fits with Bronson's brat-ish persona.
    Last edited by CageFaraday; 09-11-2018 at 04:01 PM.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Its a door bar and the rule was changed after the car was built. At least that is my understanding. If its true, that things are so desperate at NASA that they are calling out door bar diameter in attempts to take players off the board. That's pathetic. Obviously not motivated by a concern for anyone's safety, which is about as pathetic as you can get. Had it been a body infraction, or suspension related, or maybe engine setback, or deck height I'd be on board with calling someone out. If it really is all about a door bar, I'd be ashamed to mention it, much less cry to an official...
    It fits with Bronson's brat-ish persona.
    I don't think it was a matter of rules changing if we are talking about a door bar. I've never seen anything in a rule book that allowed less than 1.5" for them. I don't see it as a big deal regardless, but there has to be a line somewhere.

To the people that think rocket will have a different car after this, I think Mark learned his lesson the last time. That orange front car was a waste of time and money.

So, did Bloomer copy Swartz with the reverse strut arm or did Swartz copy Bloomer? I know Swartz has been doing it for quite a while.

I also have never seen a rule book allow anything other than a 1.5” bar in the doors.

My 99 Swartz had reverse mount struts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I don't think it was a matter of rules changing if we are talking about a door bar. I've never seen anything in a rule book that allowed less than 1.5" for them. I don't see it as a big deal regardless, but there has to be a line somewhere.

To the people that think rocket will have a different car after this, I think Mark learned his lesson the last time. That orange front car was a waste of time and money.

So, did Bloomer copy Swartz with the reverse strut arm or did Swartz copy Bloomer? I know Swartz has been doing it for quite a while.
    Swartz has both sides reverse strut. Or at least did. This was back when Bloomquist was getting cars built at Warrior. Audie was way ahead on that.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

CnB ive changed my tune a little on this. If Bronson or Richards or whoever did tip off wrg officials at the World, and they had this info in their back pocket, then yes I will agree that it was an attemp to get Scott penalized in some way, and that is def underhanded they should of said something right away, problem is Scott updated his new cars they prob didnt know that... but I still stand by my statement if this was any other car but Scotts or a Sweet/Bloom chassis, these people complaining opinions would be flip flopped 180 degrees...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post

1. The rule was changed after 2016 when Weiss car was built, according to posts elsewhere.
    2. No I don't think Rocket will have a different car after putting Bloomquist's on his jig, but he has tried that before as you stated. He may update his front end a bit and test.
    3. Reverse strut is at least as old as I've been in DLM(1986).

Swartz has been using them for a while.

Warrior use to offer both styles about 10-15 years ago.

Custom had them on all their cars back in the 80's, which is where I first encountered it. Although the Custom(Frank McClendon) type was slightly different in that the lower control arm was one piece instead of a strut rod/control arm type, but they did face the rear.

Mach 1 was also rear strut similar to the Custom type but with adjustable uppers similar to Lazer, those were really neat cars, hate he got killed.
    Last edited by CageFaraday; 09-11-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Barry Seal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    1. The rule was changed after 2016 when Weiss car was built, according to posts elsewhere.2. No I don't think Rocket will have a different car after putting Bloomquist's on his jig, but he has tried that before as you stated. He may update his front end a bit and test.3. Reverse strut is at least as old as I've been in DLM(1986). Swartz has been using them for a while. Warrior use to offer both styles about 10-15 years ago. Custom had them on all their cars back in the 80's, which is where I first encountered it. Although the Custom(Frank McClendon) type was slightly different in that the lower control arm was one piece instead of a strut rod/control arm type, but they did face the rear. Mach 1 was also rear strut similar to the Custom type but with adjustable uppers similar to Lazer, those were really neat cars, hate he got killed.
    This! Listen to the man.

billy moyer and skip arp was running reverse struts years ago as well , it went away for a while , then moyer , and probably some others , brought it back when more clearance was required at right front when the soft rt frt set up became popular , i think about all chassis mfg,s offer that now.......