Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wildman, they Announced this year during the main event night that the place was sold out
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

I love the name calling. Must make you all feel tougher

I was at the 410 Nationals this year all 4 nights. Saturday was announced as a sell out. Friday probably wasn't much short of that judging from the size of the crowd. They did reduce the # of seats in the last year by renumbering the seating & making the seats wider. It was much more comfortable this year on Saturday night vs last year on Saturday night. You actually had some elbow room.

As an aside, I know this is a late model board, but if you have never been to the 410 Nationals, it is a sight to behold. The atmosphere is incredible around the whole town. The track prep is so good out there also. Basically from the time hot laps start each night to the end of the show, they don't have to water or do any other prep. Just some trucks to roll in the loose dirt. And the racing was top notch.

Hope this great event gets their biggest crowd ever. Really good weather to get-er-done!!!

Glad to hear that they are adding a support class to Saturday night but I would still be hard pressed to just go on Saturday night again as it is a 2 plus hour drive for me one way and there just was not enough racing. I would rather go to a prelim night anytime before the main event night.

To each their own, but Saturday runs more laps then the prelim nights before factoring in the support class. So is 'more' racing considered by each individual race (heats/features) or number of laps? Prelim nights have six heats at 12 laps each (72 laps), plus A,B,C,D (62 laps). Prelims total 134 laps of racing, plus qualifying. Saturday is A, B, C, and D main if needed, totaling 147 laps (135 without the D main). Factor in 22 lap A main and two or three heats around 8 laps each for the support class, and it's not close what night gets more laps of racing.

I drive about 5 hours each way to mainly see the 100 lapper as it has been excellent for each of the 8 years I have been going. The prelim nights are good, but watching around 30 of the best go at it for a 100 laps with all of the ups and downs that go with 100 laps at Knoxville is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by drich24 View Post
    I drive about 5 hours each way to mainly see the 100 lapper as it has been excellent for each of the 8 years I have been going. The prelim nights are good, but watching around 30 of the best go at it for a 100 laps with all of the ups and downs that go with 100 laps at Knoxville is pretty awesome.
    Spot on drich. I’ve only missed 3 since ‘04 and always try keep this weekend open because every race I’ve seen has been lead changes galore. Didn’t see ‘09 when it was rained out and Bloomer won on Sunday as I had to leave for work. Made the 5 hour drive there in 2012 or 13 for Saturday only. I totally forgot 3 races until I got there but was well worth it for the 100 lapper. I would love to see a full show Saturday with heats and wish Knoxville would realize this ain’t the 410 Nationals with 500 cars and a H Main. Can’t wait to see a sure great race on Saturday night though and two great nights leading up to it!

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Shut your face.

Even with all those empty seats. Still more people and campers then cedar lake.
    Please tell us, what difference does that make?

Thought this thread was about the Knoxville Nats.

I see a ton of positive comments on Knoxville, but instead we get a p!$$!ng match between you two. K-ville's better! No, Cedar Lake is better! Who's Daddy would win in a fight? Seriously...

Aren't you two a little old for "Nah-Nah, Nanny Boo-boos?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Please tell us, what difference does that make?

Thought this thread was about the Knoxville Nats.

I see a ton of positive comments on Knoxville, but instead we get a p!$$!ng match between you two. K-ville's better! No, Cedar Lake is better! Who's Daddy would win in a fight? Seriously...

Aren't you two a little old for "Nah-Nah, Nanny Boo-boos?"
    Tuty rags on this event every year. Actually he rags on most events that aren’t Cedar Lake.

As far as the Nanny Boo-Boos.... you are just as guilty as everybody else on here. Still waiting on your rebuttal from your inaccurate tantrum about I-80.

In my unbias opinion..... Knoxville is mailing it in every year with this event. The dump a fuk ton of water on the track(that’s why there’s a fuel stop now), they haven’t put one dime into the purse in 10 years. And they wonder why they are only gonna get 60 cars.

Re-buttal to what? Inaccurate tantrum on I-80? It must be important since you've been waiting. 😂

Please re-fresh my memory.

Believe I posted something on the race thread the final night of the SDN...
    There were a number of post about how drawn out the show was, and how it was after 10pm and they were still waiting for the A-main to start.

I posted something to the extent of "It's 10pm and they still haven't done driver intros? Say it ain't so," or something insignificant like that.

Seriously...is that what tipped your apple cart?

Funny (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Actually the best time I had was at Charlotte dirt in I believe 2011 for the World Finals. Long way away but three great classes of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Re-buttal to what? Inaccurate tantrum on I-80? It must be important since you've been waiting. 

Please re-fresh my memory.

Believe I posted something on the race thread the final night of the SDN...
    There were a number of post about how drawn out the show was, and how it was after 10pm and they were still waiting for the A-main to start.

I posted something to the extent of "It's 10pm and they still haven't done driver intros? Say it ain't so," or something insignificant like that.

Seriously...is that what tipped your apple cart?
    Which was inaccurate..... because the race was already 5 laps old at 10pm. So you and everybody else had a serious case of mis remembering that driver intros were done an hour earlier during the intermission. Which you all probably bitched about because(as you stated) we were watching corn grow. The Friday and Saturday shows were 3.5 hours each night. Each night started at 7:30 and was over by 11. The Thursday show did take longer..... that show has already been adjusted for next year.

The hypocrisy and bias in this sport is down right incredible. I’m not directing that specifically at you, but in general to the people that get paid you give there expert opinions on the sport. Apparently the first sight of intermission prompts a tweet from someone living a time zone away and has never even stepped foot in the track. But hey the next two weeks when he’s getting paid and even longer intermissions happen, it’s perhectly fine.

I went to the 100 lap SLM race last year and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and racing. The racing was fast and suspenseful. I sat in the 1st turn general admission seat and had a good view. Finding a good seat should not be a problem.

Getting up high is key to seeing the entire track, but it shouldn't be an issue if you get there early enough. I thoroughly enjoy the entire experience of Knoxville, its the best run facility I have been to by a long shot. They are on top of the track prep game and the safety crews set the bar as far as getting to an incident and knowing what to do in bad situations! If you haven't gone before I really recommend it, you will not regret it. I too am happy they added a support class for Saturday, there was too much downtime last year and I drank too many brewskies before the feature!

Husker,

The reason why guys were running out of fuel two years ago was because the track was much faster than many thought it would be for the feature, which was a result of rain, not because of too much water being dumped on the track.

They added the fuel stop last year when many wanted to shorten the distance to 80 laps so not to have this problem again.

Just going off memory...

Quote Originally Posted by drich24 View Post
    Husker,

The reason why guys were running out of fuel two years ago was because the track was much faster than many thought it would be for the feature, which was a result of rain, not because of too much water being dumped on the track.

They added the fuel stop last year when many wanted to shorten the distance to 80 laps so not to have this problem again.

Just going off memory...
    The drivers had there fuel cells packed full. Your opinion that guys thought it wasnt gonna be as fast, is just your opinion. Plenty were thinking about the fuel before the feature. Plus, that afternoon rain was nothing compared to what it was this past year during the actual race.
    The pace of the 100 lapper has picked considerablely over the last 5 years. When Steve Francis the race was slick and slow to the tune of about 24 seconds a lap. Now when Marler has won. The track has been considerably faster to about 20-21 seconds a lap.

Numerous drivers were upset last year when they kept dumping water on it. Even though the likelyhood of the rain was extremely high.

Slow the track down.

I am not going to go back and find an interview or atlrticle, but I believe it was Mark Richards who said he thought the track would slow down more and they thought they would be OK on fuel before the race, but realized during the race they were going to run out of fuel as the pace was too fast.

Doesn’t matter, you seem to be critical of any track’s prep other than I80.

Enjoy the races everyone!

No Marlar per Twitter

You can sit up top in general admission seats at the ends of the grandstand. Like the last two sections on either end.