Dwarf (15)
    Mod Lite (15)
    E-Mod (15)

TIME LIMIT IS A FACTOR

FEATURE LAPS ARE SUBJECT TO BE SHORTENED

DRIVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR RACEIVERS TO WORK

ALL FEATURES ARE BASED ON CAR COUNT

NO ADMISSION REFUND

Can I get one more class, thinking a UTV class?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Exactly. And be sure to stop the show for kids bicycle races and a foot race. .....ridiculous
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Exactly. And be sure to stop the show for kids bicycle races and a foot race. .....ridiculous
    Mandatory driver intros for every class.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

They will use any reason to drag the show out just as long as they can.

Ummm 10 classes??? ... wow that's crazy.

The classes are done for the driver's in the area. Not enough tracks are even around this area for them to race. If a class wants to start Bob gives them a chance. If you have 2 or 3 weeks where you are only getting 2-6 cars your class is cancelled. If you show up, you end up with the big payouts.

Most of the fans around here like the support classes just as much as the Super Late Models. Some of the best racing comes from the street stock or pony classes.

Not to mention Bob always makes sure to run the Main event features first to get people out of the track at a decent hour. Those that want to stay to watch the rest of the events and DON'T mind staying throughout the night can.

If you have never been to Duck River I would recommend it, it's a great show 90 percent of the time and barring any uncontrollable set backs, you are usually out at a decent hour. The races are non stop and cars are lined up at the gate before they even come out onto the track. Also the track holds up extremely well for all the cars that race on it. The Sam Pugh Memorial race had over 150 total cars and almost full fields in every class but still produced great racing in all classes. The late model race had two racing lanes, top and bottom. If other classes want to race and they show up? LET THEM! I don't see an issue with it. More bang for your buck as a fan if you ask me.

Nice post Randall, I agree with most of it

The pony and street stocks at drrp is some of the best racing you'll ever see. Don't matter what time it is... some fuss to fuss. They'd fuss about something else if there were 3, 4, or 5 classes

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Nice post Randall, I agree with most of it

The pony and street stocks at drrp is some of the best racing you'll ever see. Don't matter what time it is... some fuss to fuss. They'd fuss about something else if there were 3, 4, or 5 classes
    No. Most of us agree that stocks in most parts of the country race well. So make them one of your 4-5 classes. If you guys like ten classes, so be it, never see me anywhere with more than 6, and that’s too many for a regular show. A special, 3 classes.

Must be a southern thing to wanna watch 10 classes and a lot of them look the same. I’ll pass, have at it.

Why in the heck would you run 10 classes STUPID
    I am what I am

Does every class have the awesome 4-wide salute?

Having 10 classes is fine if there are enough cars to support 10 classes, but at least rotate the support classes. Run the top two classes every week and rotate the other eight. Four one week and the other four the next week.

Personally I applaud the staff that operates Duck River. I think it is a great facility. They give a chance for local racers a place to compete. Are there too many classes on a given night? From a spectators standpoint, I would have to say yes. I live in Lewisburg, only 12 miles away. But I have to confess I have only been to the track twice this season. I have recently re-located from the Chicago area in Illinois to Tn.. I've attended races in the Chicago land area for over 45years. Most of those tracks do not flood an evening of racing with that many classes of cars. They also start their events in a more timely fashion. Duck River states drivers meeting at this time, races to follow. Back in Chicago, racing meant races, not hot laps or qualifying. If you went to a track on a regular basis, you knew the program. If you wanted to see hot laps and qualifying you got there early. A lot of the race tracks I attended earlier in my life have closed. Seems like this sport is declining. The expense of racing is getting out of hand. I do not know the answer. Seems like WOO and Lucas Oil might be the last of the strongholds for now. I think NASCAR is on the way out. For now I watch pay per view races. I did not mean to ruffle any feathers here, not bashing anyone or any track. Call me a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Yankee if you want, just my opinion on this. I hope that all all the short tracks, being asphalt or dirt, keep on going.

I was at the Sam Pugh memorial race they ran the big race 3rd it was over about midnight it could of been run a lot earlier but we had too run bicycle races mini mods and anything else they can think of to drag the show out they still had 6 or 7 features to run when I left I try to support them but it's getting ridiculous now they will be racing lawn mowers next.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL47A View Post
    Personally I applaud the staff that operates Duck River. I think it is a great facility. They give a chance for local racers a place to compete. Are there too many classes on a given night? From a spectators standpoint, I would have to say yes. I live in Lewisburg, only 12 miles away. But I have to confess I have only been to the track twice this season. I have recently re-located from the Chicago area in Illinois to Tn.. I've attended races in the Chicago land area for over 45years. Most of those tracks do not flood an evening of racing with that many classes of cars. They also start their events in a more timely fashion. Duck River states drivers meeting at this time, races to follow. Back in Chicago, racing meant races, not hot laps or qualifying. If you went to a track on a regular basis, you knew the program. If you wanted to see hot laps and qualifying you got there early. A lot of the race tracks I attended earlier in my life have closed. Seems like this sport is declining. The expense of racing is getting out of hand. I do not know the answer. Seems like WOO and Lucas Oil might be the last of the strongholds for now. I think NASCAR is on the way out. For now I watch pay per view races. I did not mean to ruffle any feathers here, not bashing anyone or any track. Call me a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Yankee if you want, just my opinion on this. I hope that all all the short tracks, being asphalt or dirt, keep on going.
    Nice post, Bill. I lived most of my life in the Lexington, KY/Cincinnati, OH region, but moved to coastal Georgia 5 years ago. They really have a different way of operating a race track in the south, and it's definitely not fan friendly.

Definitely a southern thing. I live in the area, many of the other dirt tracks here do the same. 6-12 classes of cars @ $30 pit pass. Many of those classes have 4-5 cars. Boy those make for great features! (not). The other popular trend in the south is to leave the track sealed up all summer. Then just dump water on it come Saturday morning. They all like to brag how smooth their track is. However many times the racing suffers. (its like watering a rock). I remember watching Earl Baltes work his track with a 6 row chisel plow after Fridays show, and he would have it watered and ironed back out for Saturday. Don't get me started on qualifying and then lining the feature straight up with fast man on the pole... Race fans in the south wouldn't know how to act in Illinois or Ohio where you can see a man start 10-16 and still win the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc88D View Post
    Definitely a southern thing. I live in the area, many of the other dirt tracks here do the same. 6-12 classes of cars @ $30 pit pass. Many of those classes have 4-5 cars. Boy those make for great features! (not). The other popular trend in the south is to leave the track sealed up all summer. Then just dump water on it come Saturday morning. They all like to brag how smooth their track is. However many times the racing suffers. (its like watering a rock). I remember watching Earl Baltes work his track with a 6 row chisel plow after Fridays show, and he would have it watered and ironed back out for Saturday. Don't get me started on qualifying and then lining the feature straight up with fast man on the pole... Race fans in the south wouldn't know how to act in Illinois or Ohio where you can see a man start 10-16 and still win the race.
    This post is spot on. It’s not track bashing, it’s the cold hard truth. These are the reasons that when we go to watch racing we travel north. Only reason I travel south is to visit the beach and eat fresh seafood.

You enjoy 10 classes, with many races with less than 10 cars, go knock yourself out. It ain’t for me.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Judging off your signature, it doesn't look like you care much local racing anyway. I just don't get it. #8

I’ve done the local thing in my teens and 20’s. I raced pony’s, limiteds, and supers back in those days as well. I know what I like. Watching a bunch of local yahoos race with 10 car fields, single car spinouts continuously, I’ve graduated from that. You go to Fairbury, Cedar Lake, Eldora, East Bay, I-55, Charlotte, you’ll see why I am the way I am.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST