Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethanol Tour

Default Ethanol Tour

Is it me or should the Ethanol Tour make a trip down to Eldora and maybe have a race against the UMP ALMS Tour? What could happen is open pit gates for say the Baltes Classic at 2p.m. and as each car comes in they have to choose ALMS or Amercian Ethanol you put a sticker of either an A or E on the roof of the car. Make the payout 10,000 to win 500 to start and decide which tour is the best for that weekend and give the tour promoter a trophy and the next year have them bring it back and whomever wins get the trophy again.

That would be a good show. I like the idea of regional series working together. Win-win for fans and drivers.

But what happens when a guy like Shirley or Dennis Erb Jr. shows up and smokes the field like at the Dirt Kings vs AELMT race?

Who keeps the trophy then?

Very easy to answer they would be under the UMP banner because of how many races they run in UMP. Also any driver in the top 12 in Lucas Oil, UMP National Points, ALMS, Eldora or World of Outlaws points would fall under UMP. Any driver that has raced 25% or more races with American Ethanol would fall under their banner. In case a driver has done both ALMS and American Ethanol Tour they choose which one.

Fair enough...make it happen 👍

I would if I had the money also as an undercard run the UMP mods vs the American Ethanol Mods. And then run stocks you would see 56 to 60 Super Lates and 50 mods and 25 or so stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    I would if I had the money also as an undercard run the UMP mods vs the American Ethanol Mods. And then run stocks you would see 56 to 60 Super Lates and 50 mods and 25 or so stocks.
    Its not 2002. There are no ALMS cars.

Casey Noonan was the only driver racing for the ALMS title!

Most of the guys running the Ethanol series don't have the motors to run at Eldora. Some of them are running crate motors.

Who's running a crate?

#44 for one.

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    #44 for one.
    How's not even running it full time. He's 25th in points.

Keep going...
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 09-17-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Even when the #44(Matt Shipley) has ran with the AELMT this season he has a new Rayburn by RSR with a pro power under the hood.
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Would love to see more Illinois races from this tour in 2019.

I would just like to see the Ethanol Series add a race at Hartford, Gas City, and maybe Kokomo (even though they don’t schedule late models for any events other than the Klash). A 2nd date at Montpelier in the fall would be awesome also.

The guy in charge of the Ethanol Series is the issue. No one likes him and he really dont know what hes doing. Nick Rice was the best thing for that series and they got rid of him. The only thing that keeps that series going is the payout.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

^^^ ding ding we have a winner.. unfortunately you will see this series start to die if things don't change.. I expect a lot of the core drivers to drop off after this season is over, this series had a bright future and was really gaining steam not just in Michigan but the Midwest until Nicks departure
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

Who could argue with post #17? He certainly hit the nail on the head!

I still don’t understand why they got rid of Nick? The tracks loved him, the drivers loved him and like mentioned before the series was growing great!
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    #44 for one.
    Still waiting...

Not sure which series some of these guys were from, but at the Wilmot Dirt Kings/Ethanol series race last month, some of the engines there sounded like street stocks compared to what Shirley and Erb had. They'd be at a serious disadvantage at a place like Eldora.