Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Bobby Pierce on twitter - HELP Cost Limit engine size to 415 - 420. Link.

Bobby Pierce on Twitter - An idea to cut some cost - Limit engine size to 415 - 420
    Link - http://www.twitter.com/BobbyPierce32...07571928133637
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

To Bad and no freaking way!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    To Bad and no freaking way!!!!
    Bobby P. Not Billy M
    8/13/16

And give them a weight break as well. That rule worked pretty good in the Havatampa days!

Bring in the crates!
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Not sure what this will accomplish. NASCAR engines are 358 cubic inches and have just as much power as our stuff.. only difference is Nascar engines are way MORE expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Burke1118 View Post
    Not sure what this will accomplish. NASCAR engines are 358 cubic inches and have just as much power as our stuff.. only difference is Nascar engines are way MORE expensive
    Spend more get more.. but then you brake more. Then it cost more to fix. NASCAR 3 races they toss the block. 4 races the heads get sold.. I bet after next year they go to Speck frames and Speck Bodys

If this were to become a rule, I would guess the cubic inch displacement of the engines in all the cars would have to be checked prior to the event. I don't know the process they would use to do this and how time consuming would it be?

Dudes just throwing out ideas. It’s ridiculous what these guys spend and there’s really no way to stop them from spending more

At lease Bobbys saying something. may be if all the drivers and owners stand up and sit down and speak to each other may be something can be done.

No way do I want to see an engine cubic inch limit. They are called Super Late Models for a reason. No Neutered Late Models for me !

think about them not running anymore?? costs have to go down or lucas & woo will split the main jewels and have a series but that will be it if something doesn't change..

Not a bad idea. But you’d have to really look at everything and every loophole the guys would try to use. He’s on to something and you wouldn’t know the difference, fields aren’t going to grow. They are going to continue to shrink with the current situation.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I don't like this. A bigger crank costs the same as a smaller one. Engines get cheaper when you can't use a big one. This concept is a relic from the days where everyone had a set of 23 degree heads.

And less cubes means more rpm and more top end failures. Bobby wants lms to still "look cool" aka be glued to the ground and get cheaper. It don't work like that.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-18-2018 at 04:17 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

People will generally promote a rule where they feel they have an edge or an advantage. Be that engine, tires, etc. Happens in almost every part of life including business and sport. Not saying this is Pierce’s angle here, honestly I don’t know enough to take a side. But usually when a participant is on board with a rule modification bet your bottom dollar it isn’t something that they see hampering them individually.

^^. Very true. That's why inmates shouldn't run the asylum. But, that has been the case for quite some time now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Go back to 2000-ish bodies, 12" spoiler and cheap shocks.

My neighbors take a look at my stuff and they honestly don't know what they are looking at... When I tell them it's a DLM I get a blank stare... Never heard of them. Get it back to where the public can ID that it's a car and we have a chance if getting new fans.

The big problem with racing isn't car specs....it's getting fans in the stands. We all look at the wrong thing...
    Last edited by Krooser; 09-18-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

A cubic inch rule wouldn't save anybody a dime and would be a nightmare to tech. He didn't think this idea through.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Go back to 2000-ish bodies, 12" spoiler and cheap shocks.

My neighbor a look at my stuff and honestly don't know what they are looking at... When I tell them it's a DLM I get a blank stare... Never heard of them. Get it back to where the public can ID that it's a car and we have a chance if getting new fans.

The big problem with racing isn't car specs....it's getting fans in the stands. We also look at the wrong thing...
    The last thing they need is more spoiler.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Masters Bobby doesn’t want cars glued to the track ... unhook them and make them hard to drive and the 32 will be parked on the front straight every night . You can’t outwheel that kid you have to beat him on set Uk