Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Wallace

Default Kenny Wallace

Did any of you guys watch Kenny's facebook live session a couple days ago ?
    Very entertaining and he talked quite a bit about the cost of SLM racing.

I started listening and knew it would be good but wasn't in a place I could listen to the whole thing. I will have to go back and listen to it later now...

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMatt View Post
    I started listening and knew it would be good but wasn't in a place I could listen to the whole thing. I will have to go back and listen to it later now...
    It is definitely NSFW.

Said about a month go or so he's racing dirt full time next year.

Brian Shirley was on there sayin 60k for a engine, and easily over 100k for turn key lm, I dont know what reason hed have to fudge the numbers. And Kenny said 27k for a Mullins amod engine. In 2006 we were winning features in a 7500 dollar Pierce roller with 6 nights on it, a 5000 dollar locally built 406. So needless to say guys are spending more on an engine than most guys had in there whole car less than ten years ago...

I think Kenny needs to grow some thicker skin. Can you imagine if Bloomer worried what people thought of his racing program. Every ex-Nascar driver who gets involved with dirt (Smoke, Schrader, Stremme, etc) are looked at differently.

I watched it three hours late. I like Kenny but sometimes he's kinda over the top.

I get it when he said you can't win with a slow car, and he has the means to have good equipment, but he kinda degraded the Saturday night guys when he kinda inferred having a $20,000 car was pointless... at least thats how I saw it.

He'd get more respect if he dumped the Toyota deal... but I see why he stays with them. Don't kill the goose who lays the Golden egg...

All I have to give him for advice is to put bigger seats in his Driving Experience cars and find someone who wrenches them with more than a Crescsent wrench...

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...ficial%20page)
    Last edited by Krooser; 09-19-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    I think Kenny needs to grow some thicker skin. Can you imagine if Bloomer worried what people thought of his racing program. Every ex-Nascar driver who gets involved with dirt (Smoke, Schrader, Stremme, etc) are looked at differently.
    Good point or idea...its time for Bloomer to set down in front of a camera like Kenny did and tell us how it is...
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    Good point or idea...its time for Bloomer to set down in front of a camera like Kenny did and tell us how it is...
    Check YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bU5pptLPmqc

There's also the interview Dave Despain did with him.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 09-19-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Kenny Wallace knows NASCAR is fading and sees dirt as his next $$$ train!!!!! He ain’t stupid, just thinks everyone watching is. lol. I like him, but his “telling it” like it is, might be as much business as it is love of dirt! We will see how many local 600$ shows he runs????

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    The Dave Despain interview is pretty good. But Dave is always good, miss his Speed show.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    He said a couple times during the stream that he doesn't care what people think but it seemed to me the whole thing was done to address things people think and say.
    And his announcement a couple weeks ago about going dirt racing full time made no sense and when he clarified it on this FB live we found out what it really means is his dirt racing is taking priority over television. The original announcement was vague and led to people asking questions. He acted like he explained it perfectly the first time. He didn't.
    Kenny rules and I'm glad he's heavily into dirt racing, but his communication skills often stink.

So Kenny says he doesn’t race late models because they are too expensive and you key board cowboys who have never bought a single race car part say he’s wrong ??? The people on here who constantly argue expense isn’t a problem in racing are the ones who never paid a bill... ask the people who actually pay bills ... if we need opinions on chugging hammers we’ll ask you guys

What's a chugging hammer? By the way, I have never seen anyone say expense isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    What's a chugging hammer? By the way, I have never seen anyone say expense isn't a problem.
    I think he means blowing the meat flute?

Hucktyson, no one in this thread has slammed Kenny for not running late models and no one has said expense isn't a problem. Not one person.
    Last edited by jr29; 09-20-2018 at 08:03 AM.

I don't think it's fair to judge people on whether or not they ever bought a race car part or paid a bill. You can't make that assumption if you don't know people personally.

All I heard him say was F this and F that.

Kenny, with Brian Shirley's help, didn't tell us anything about costs that any knowledgeable race fan didn't already know. 75% the video was Kenny b1tching and moaning about people doing the same thing about him. I like Kenny but to me the video didn't go well for him, any points he was attempting to make was lost in the swearing.

"Kenny Wallace knows NASCAR is fading and sees dirt as his next $$$ train!!!!! He ain’t stupid, just thinks everyone watching is. lol. I like him, but his “telling it” like it is, might be as much business as it is love of dirt! We will see how many local 600$ shows he runs????"

Why would anyone run a $600 modified show if they aren't running for points?