Cool Non-Wing Sprints Coming South !!!

Southern States Sprints & Midgets on the card for 2 nights this Fall!
    http://www.ssmidgets.com/home2.html

Sprint Rules: http://www.ssmidgets.com/sprint-car-rules.html
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

We need to support this people. You'll never race DLM this easily or inexpensively or as excitingly.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

I'd love to give it a go! I didn't even know they raced in my area! I definitely need to check it out.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post
    I'd love to give it a go! I didn't even know they raced in my area! I definitely need to check it out.
    Some of the drivers listed as coming:
    Dave Darland
    Landon Simon
    Shane C0ckrum
    Kyle Cummins
    Ginge
    johnny Heidright

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Some of the drivers listed as coming:
    Dave Darland
    Landon Simon
    Shane C0ckrum
    Kyle Cummins
    Ginge
    johnny Heidright
    #Ripthefence

We need to support this people. You'll never race DLM this easily or inexpensively or as excitingly.
    Cage, what are the engines in both the midgets and the sprint cars? Are they spec engines? I hate to say I'm not familiar with these Southeaster series'. What's the history? There are a few heavy hitters (Darland, Simon, C0ckrum and Cummins, etc.) headed your way for this so they must be totally legit. Will Darland or anyone else be doing double duty in both the midgets and sprints. I know Shane C0ckrum has a midget that he races at The Chili Bowl and the indoor USAC National Midget events at Du Quoin and I believe Kyle Cummins also races a midget from time to time. I suppose it will depend on the rules package these sanctions use.

Is there any PPV available? And if not, please keep us freezing Yankee's posted with updates!

WOW!!!!!! It was a very late night at Screven. Looks like they don't have a curfew.

Congrats to Jarred Andretti on winning the Friday night A-main. Sounds like they had a serious rash of cautions and shortened the A-main to just 20 laps. 37 degrees!!!

Hope all goes better and faster Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Cage, what are the engines in both the midgets and the sprint cars? Are they spec engines? I hate to say I'm not familiar with these Southeaster series'. What's the history? There are a few heavy hitters (Darland, Simon, C0ckrum and Cummins, etc.) headed your way for this so they must be totally legit. Will Darland or anyone else be doing double duty in both the midgets and sprints. I know Shane C0ckrum has a midget that he races at The Chili Bowl and the indoor USAC National Midget events at Du Quoin and I believe Kyle Cummins also races a midget from time to time. I suppose it will depend on the rules package these sanctions use.

Is there any PPV available? And if not, please keep us freezing Yankee's posted with updates!
    Darland is suppose to do double duty, but he's the only one I have info on..
    Southern States is a LucasOil/POWRi D2 midget series, but they allow mini sprints to run with them as well. It's chilly for November here in Georgia and I'm not surprised they had a late night as they raced Super Late Models for $5K and Crate Lates for extra money too. With the temps that cold I'm sure it was hard to get the track prep the way they would like it too. It had been raining down here for like 5 days straight until I think Thursday afternoon, so surface would have been thoroughly soaked too.

Where did you watch or get results from, CIRF?
    Last edited by CageFaraday; 11-18-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Where did you watch or get results from, CIRF?
    My wife and I are friends with Brenda Darland on Facebook and Brenda broadcast the midget and sprint car A-main's live on Facebook Live from the backstretch. She actually did a pretty good job narrating what was going on and giving the top 5 running order throughout both A-main's. Friday nights' sprint car A-main didn't get over until 2 AM Eastern and the track was really slick. Also, the Friday night A-main was shortened by 5 laps from 25 to 20 laps by promoter Wayne Davis due to the rash of caution's early in the race.

I must confess to being a bit hypocritical in regards to this amateur broadcast. Guilty as charged. I'm not a big fan of that stuff for personal reason's which I've expressed on more than one occasion here. However, there was no other video coverage in the form of PPV and Sylvania, GA is 800 miles from us. That doesn't excuse the hypocrisy but had it been on internet PPV I'd have paid to watch it in lieu of watching a free pirated broadcast. All that doesn't let me off the hypocrisy hook so feel free to fire away, I reckon I deserve it! LOL!

I didn't realize Lucas Oil was the major sponsor. I knew Wayne when it was just a few local tracks supporting the series. Epjs son, Trey, began his dirt career in this series and won quite a few races driving for Wayne!

Southern States is affiliated with POWRi, but I confess I don't know how all that works in regards to sponsorship.

Southern States is affiliated with POWRi, but I confess I don't know how all that works in regards to sponsorship.
    After giving it some thought it stands to reason that POWRi and Southern States would be affiliated given that Lucas Oil is the title sponsor of both the POWRi National Midget Series and Southern States.

Hat's off to Wayne Davis in a big way! He does a tremendous amount of work for little or no monetary compensation. It appears Wayne does what he does for the promotion of the sport and to get young drivers and teams moving in an upward trajectory. He's stuck his neck out several times over the past few years and on more than one occasion he had his head lopped off, metaphorically speaking. One example is the Shamrock Classic which is a USAC National Midget Series points event held in March inside the Southern Illinois building on the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds. Lauren Stewart and her associates scheduled the Shamrock against an event he was promoting and many of the teams that would normally be at Wayne's event opted for Du Quoin and naturally a USAC National event will garner all the attention. Wayne was forced to cancel the event he was working on. I really don't know if there were any other options for Lauren, who promotes the Shamrock, but either way it hurt Wayne. I'm sure Lauren had no intentions of diminishing Wayne's event but the cancellation was the result, nonetheless.

Thumbs up

After giving it some thought it stands to reason that POWRi and Southern States would be affiliated given that Lucas Oil is the title sponsor of both the POWRi National Midget Series and Southern States.

Hat's off to Wayne Davis in a big way! He does a tremendous amount of work for little or no monetary compensation. It appears Wayne does what he does for the promotion of the sport and to get young drivers and teams moving in an upward trajectory. He's stuck his neck out several times over the past few years and on more than one occasion he had his head lopped off, metaphorically speaking. One example is the Shamrock Classic which is a USAC National Midget Series points event held in March inside the Southern Illinois building on the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds. Lauren Stewart and her associates scheduled the Shamrock against an event he was promoting and many of the teams that would normally be at Wayne's event opted for Du Quoin and naturally a USAC National event will garner all the attention. Wayne was forced to cancel the event he was working on. I really don't know if there were any other options for Lauren, who promotes the Shamrock, but either way it hurt Wayne. I'm sure Lauren had no intentions of diminishing Wayne's event but the cancellation was the result, nonetheless.
    Same thing happened to Wayne's Midget show last year that he had been kicking the season off with... Sucks being the little guy sometimes. I'm glad he's doing what he's doing and I plan to support his sprint deal next season any way I can.
    I want wingless sprints below the Mason-Dixon line.

Same thing happened to Wayne's Midget show last year that he had been kicking the season off with... Sucks being the little guy sometimes. I'm glad he's doing what he's doing and I plan to support his sprint deal next season any way I can.
    I want wingless sprints below the Mason-Dixon line.
    Cage, I think we might be talking about the same midget show that the Shamrock was scheduled against.

How long has the Southeastern Sprint Series been in existence? It has to be one of the only 410 sprint series' of any kind in that part of the country. I really hope Wayne gets this deal going good. It could turn out to be similar to the WAR Series up our way.

Cage, I think we might be talking about the same midget show that the Shamrock was scheduled against.

How long has the Southeastern Sprint Series been in existence? It has to be one of the only 410 sprint series' of any kind in that part of the country. I really hope Wayne gets this deal going good. It could turn out to be similar to the WAR Series up our way.
    The Midget series has been around a while, but this was the first EVER "sprint car" event by the series. 2019 is planned as first season and it has similar engine rules to POWRi WAR/ELITE & BOSS, whatever engine you want to run, NO 410 limit, carb or injection(you choose), alcohol only.