Thread: #FreeBallou

Default #FreeBallou

Robert Ballou stripped of all 2018 USAC points, banned from competition for the rest of the year, and on double top secret (0 tolerance) probation for the 2019 season.
    Stemming from his comments and criticism (and tweet war with Eldora's owner) after this year, and last years', 4Crown.

Further reading:

http://usacracing.com/news/item/7611...18-usac-season
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

This deal is a sham. It has Stewart's prints all over it. It appears that Mr. I Can Dish It Out But I Can't Take It had his tender feelings hurt and went running to his former driver, Levi Jones, who is one of the top dogs in USAC. Remember, Levi drove for Stewart for quite some time prior to his retirement and is beholding to Stewart for more than one of Levi's 5 sprint car national championships.

If Jack Hewitt was Mad Man's age now and running with USAC he'd constantly be suspended. He once called a USAC flagman a "fat, queery son of a bitch" in an interview at Macon Speedway. Moments prior to that interview it took 3 USAC officials to keep Jack from getting to the flagman. All of that cost Jack $300.00. Wonder what would happen now in this soft environment.

Let's face it, Mad Man has been ruffling USAC feathers for several years and the present USAC hierarchy is getting their revenge. I love USAC racing. It's the best dirt open wheel racing without wings in the country, and has been for some time now and I'll continue to attend USAC events because it's the top banana for wingless dirt open wheel racing. But, many of us have lost a lot of enthusiasm for USAC. I firmly believe Stewart applied pressure and USAC yielded to that pressure.

The punishment doesn't fit the crime, plain and simple!

I must agree it does smell, "Smokey". I've been a Stewart fan since the 90's and backed him up through ever outburst, tirade and fit, but this is too much. To me essentially he came face to face with racer just like him in some ways and knee jerk reacted, using his clout to lower the boom on RB. I will say going to social media to complain isn't a good choice, too often because its so accessible you end up saying things while still overcome with emotion that you later regret. How many times has Smoke spouted off and had to walk it back? I remember when he blasted NASCAR on his radio show and they wouldn't let his hauler in the pits that week until he met with them and apologized and made a public retraction. I didn't agree with that because what he said was true and I've grown to HATE NASCAR. Also if I'm not mistaken, recently the Kevin Ward incident was finally put to bed with an out of court settlement, which I also don't agree with but its not my money or life. So with the KW payoff still fresh in Smoke's mind and then RB fires off something about conditions probably killing someone I can see how someone, anyone might be a little raw and take out those feelings on Ballou. I understand how and why it happened, but that doesn't make it right. RB shouldn't be making remarks in social media, it usually ends badly. TS shouldn't be responding in social media either, same reason, for two passionate racers that are too much alike. USAC shouldn't be involved, it makes them look like NASCAR and thats NOT a good role model to be emulating. I HATE NASCRAP.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

I remember trucking south one week years ago and seeing dozens of cars with banners that said "Free Jimmy Spencer" heading to the NASCAR race... funny as heck.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I remember trucking south one week years ago and seeing dozens of cars with banners that said "Free Jimmy Spencer" heading to the NASCAR race... funny as heck.
    How goes the Mastersbilt, Krooser?

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    I must agree it does smell, "Smokey". I've been a Stewart fan since the 90's and backed him up through ever outburst, tirade and fit, but this is too much. To me essentially he came face to face with racer just like him in some ways and knee jerk reacted, using his clout to lower the boom on RB. I will say going to social media to complain isn't a good choice, too often because its so accessible you end up saying things while still overcome with emotion that you later regret. How many times has Smoke spouted off and had to walk it back? I remember when he blasted NASCAR on his radio show and they wouldn't let his hauler in the pits that week until he met with them and apologized and made a public retraction. I didn't agree with that because what he said was true and I've grown to HATE NASCAR. Also if I'm not mistaken, recently the Kevin Ward incident was finally put to bed with an out of court settlement, which I also don't agree with but its not my money or life. So with the KW payoff still fresh in Smoke's mind and then RB fires off something about conditions probably killing someone I can see how someone, anyone might be a little raw and take out those feelings on Ballou. I understand how and why it happened, but that doesn't make it right. RB shouldn't be making remarks in social media, it usually ends badly. TS shouldn't be responding in social media either, same reason, for two passionate racers that are too much alike. USAC shouldn't be involved, it makes them look like NASCAR and thats NOT a good role model to be emulating. I HATE NASCRAP.
    Cage, Ballou had been warned by USAC on more than one occasion to practice some discretion in his criticism's of tracks and the sanction. I'd be very interested to hear from The Mad Man himself with whom of the USAC hierarchy that he has the problem. He's been extremely outspoken regarding track conditions and in addition he's been critical of fellow competitors, as well. I was at Pevely over Labor Day Weekend for the USAC show there and RB and KTJ had a bit of a dust up with RB coming out on the short end. However, he recovered for a podium finish and had plenty to say regarding his contact with KTJ. Some of his remarks were quite unkind.

All of that said RB was dealt more punishment than his actions and words warranted. If Stewart had a say in the penalties then USAC is a bigger chicken **** outfit than I thought. I honestly felt that Levi and Spridge were doing and wonderful job, and still do but if they conspired with Stewart and knuckled under to his pressure then they're somewhat spineless. Stewart has always been a guy who can dish it out but can't take it and that fact has been proven countless times over the years.

I say good luck to The Mad Man in the future and I hope that he continues to thrill race fans for decades to come. He's as good and more exciting as anyone out there at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Cage, Ballou had been warned by USAC on more than one occasion to practice some discretion in his criticism's of tracks and the sanction. I'd be very interested to hear from The Mad Man himself with whom of the USAC hierarchy that he has the problem. He's been extremely outspoken regarding track conditions and in addition he's been critical of fellow competitors, as well. I was at Pevely over Labor Day Weekend for the USAC show there and RB and KTJ had a bit of a dust up with RB coming out on the short end. However, he recovered for a podium finish and had plenty to say regarding his contact with KTJ. Some of his remarks were quite unkind.

All of that said RB was dealt more punishment than his actions and words warranted. If Stewart had a say in the penalties then USAC is a bigger chicken **** outfit than I thought. I honestly felt that Levi and Spridge were doing and wonderful job, and still do but if they conspired with Stewart and knuckled under to his pressure then they're somewhat spineless. Stewart has always been a guy who can dish it out but can't take it and that fact has been proven countless times over the years.

I say good luck to The Mad Man in the future and I hope that he continues to thrill race fans for decades to come. He's as good and more exciting as anyone out there at this time.
    Agree 100%.

I wish nastard would throw out stewarts driver Kevin Harvick out for running his mouth about goodyear tires being dangerous just like his big brother Tony did years ago.....for actions detrimental to the sport. .Just like when Stewart ran his mouth about lug nut saety so now every week we have to hear about teams and crew chief s getting fined for loose lug nuts......I have always liked Tony but this deal with Ballou has prover to me that tony is a whinny little p!ss baby and he had to prove that he could bust Ballou's butt down with a phone call.....
    Nascar please suspend KEVIN HARVICK now he said something that hurt my feelings about goodyear tires.
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .