Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Management

Default Time Management

I am sitting here at Tri-City tonight for Mod Mania, and it has taken over SEVEN HOURS to run through three classes. People want to complain about social media hurting the sport. Why doesn't anybody seem to have a problem with piss poor time management? This is a big problem and will drive first time attenders away like nothing else. End rant.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I would agree. We drove a little over 2 hours to a track chasing points. There was rain on the way but if they rushed it through they could have gotten some features in if not the whole program. Well they watered the track after hotlaps when it wasn't needed then we had to wait on lineups for 40 minutes before the heats after they told us all to be prepared to rush to get the show in and they weren't going to wait on anyone. Well it started raining during the heats and ended up costing us points. No rush from the staff when there's clearly rain coming.

We had our own track before and it we knew we didn't want to drag the show on. It's not rocket science. Provided a nice clean, time efficient program and you'll gain consistent fans. Not burn them out in one show and them not wanting to come back. Even though you'll have those nights where things happen and it becomes a long night.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    We had our own track before and it we knew we didn't want to drag the show on. It's not rocket science. Provided a nice clean, time efficient program and you'll gain consistent fans. Not burn them out in one show and them not wanting to come back. Even though you'll have those nights where things happen and it becomes a long night.
    Exactly. There were about 60 Modifieds tonight, and because of the format used, there were 16 modified races alone. Not to mention 3 heats and 1 feature each for the crates and super lates. They started hotlaps at least 30 minutes late, and took a VERY long break after the modified heats to auction off a modified for charity. The father and young son by us left about 4 hours in. This disregard for the people in the stands that help bankroll this sport has to stop IMMEDIATELY.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

One thing to keep in mind is they can't start hot laps at normal time at tri-city this time of year if it's sunny.. you cannot see goin down the front stretch and can't see going into turn one..

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Exactly. There were about 60 Modifieds tonight, and because of the format used, there were 16 modified races alone. Not to mention 3 heats and 1 feature each for the crates and super lates. They started hotlaps at least 30 minutes late, and took a VERY long break after the modified heats to auction off a modified for charity. The father and young son by us left about 4 hours in. This disregard for the people in the stands that help bankroll this sport has to stop IMMEDIATELY.
    This isn’t shocking. The Lucas race in July had an almost 2 hour break for “prep”. I’m sure some will think it’s just fine and give Kevin a pass because who he is. I’m probably gonna scream in the air the next time somebody says Gundaker is one of the best promoters in the business.

This crap has got to stop. Stop supporting this garbage. It is a joke that these promoters continue to get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcklovin85.. View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is they can't start hot laps at normal time at tri-city this time of year if it's sunny.. you cannot see goin down the front stretch and can't see going into turn one..
    It’s almost October the sunset happens at around 7pm.

Next excuse.....

Default Agreed!!!!!!!

There was at least six of us who stayed home that usually go. We've gone to ModMania for years but quit two years ago because of the length of the show.The format needs changed. 60 modifieds, 5 or 6 heats, take more out of each heat. Run 2 semis. Agree 100% with Shiny Time Management is what kills most tracks.Thank goodness for the live stream. I didn't even bother to start watching until 9:30.

gotta agree with you guys Husker i also share the same sentiment with you about Gundaker. ive seen his tracks so dusty in hot laps you cant see but because he rubs elbows with important people in the business it seems people are scared to call him out on it...

Promoters and track owners love racing. So much so they don’t empathize with common or infrequent fans who are the backbone of the front gate. Instead he encounters some jug head fan that proceeds to tell him how much he loved the 7 hour show everyone just sat through and they think all is well. The St. Louis region is fortunate to have the Gundakers. But I hear this about Tri City enough to be concerning. Mod Mania has reached the point it could be a stand alone mod event in my opinion. That or a major format change needs to be looked at.
    I hate time trials.

Ah, husker, how many laps you got around that place? And how many mod manias have you competed in, and how many races have you competed in late in the year there??? Strap the helmet on and go out there and tell me what your view is while the sun is starting to set going down the front stretch and into turn one...

Ah, husker, how many laps you got around that place? And how many mod manias have you competed in, and how many races have you competed in late in the year there??? Strap the helmet on and go out there and tell me what your view is while the sun is starting to set going down the front stretch and into turn one...
    No, but I know when the sun sets and I know there are trees off to the west that help with the sun.

I’ve been there enough times to know your excuse is maybe valid in July, but certainly not in late September. How many times have they stopped the races because of the sun? Honest question.

How many mod manias have you competed in?

They did scrap quals for mods this year. I went Friday. Last race was done at 12:00. 5 hour show. They definitely did not need a 3rd class on Friday and Saturday nights.

Race for Hope 74 at Batesville 130 car 15 heat a night 30 lap A main and 25 lap B,C,D mains done every night by 10:30. Races started at 7:00 every night. Last night LCQ, Manufactures race, States race and 74 lap a main done by 9:50.

So atomic had 87 mods and Mod Mania had 60?🤔

Were they the same class of mods?

Quote Originally Posted by racingfool32 View Post
    Race for Hope 74 at Batesville 130 car 15 heat a night 30 lap A main and 25 lap B,C,D mains done every night by 10:30. Races started at 7:00 every night. Last night LCQ, Manufactures race, States race and 74 lap a main done by 9:50.
    Did they run just mod or two other classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    gotta agree with you guys Husker i also share the same sentiment with you about Gundaker. ive seen his tracks so dusty in hot laps you cant see but because he rubs elbows with important people in the business it seems people are scared to call him out on it...
    Yep. The hypocrisy and bias in this sport is ridiculous.

3 husker, and ran there several times late in the year.... I can't make you believe that's the reason, but if your in doubt go attend a drivers meeting and ask them, put a helmet on and get out there and tell me your thoughts... better yet be the first one out there when it's still slimy and haul it off in turn one....

Huskers radio flyer don't go that fast

3 husker, and ran there several times late in the year.... I can't make you believe that's the reason, but if your in doubt go attend a drivers meeting and ask them, put a helmet on and get out there and tell me your thoughts... better yet be the first one out there when it's still slimy and haul it off in turn one....
    Hot laps were scheduled to start at 6:45.

There would’ve been no reason to delay hotlaps because of the sun this weekend.