Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up

Ernie dumb SOB. I had you on ignore so I would I know what you posted. As far as I see it your a laughing stock to a lot of folk. Enjoy your day fella.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Charlotte gets a lot of cars IMO because for many of these guys it's the last race of their season before they pack it up. I know that it seems like a lot of the Mid-Atlantic guys will come down to try to catch a little bit of good weather and get a race in.

My dad and I went to all of the Colossal 100s and every World Finals until 3 years ago. We missed the past two due to health issues. He's getting to come with me again this year and I'm thankful for that. He says it'll likely be his last hurrah making this trip so I'm hoping for decent weather. Right now the long range forecast doesn't look bad but it's still over a week away. But I would definitely take high's in the upper 60's and lows around 50. That sounds perfect.

I miss the colossal 100 races......be cool to see that one come back.

Hope the race trip with your Dad is great.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 10-24-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I like the World Finals because you get the top 3 dirt racing divisions (Super Late Models, Big Block Modifieds and 410 Sprint cars) at the same track on the same night.

I never understood how or why Charlotte gets soo
    Many cars with the horrid pay outs and high costs of going there ... what do people see in that place ??
    Bruton Smith! The man is a master showman. He understands giving fans what they want and builds super nice motorsports facilities that are a pleasure to visit. His drag racing facilities are the best in the business. As a fan you get spoiled when you attend an event at one of his facilities. As a NHRA drag facing fan, there's a culture shock going from the NHRA events at Charlotte and Bristol to the NHRA owned facility in Commerce (Atlanta Dragway). The facilities at Bristol and Charlotte are on a whole other level and give you the feeling that the owner really cares about the fan experience. Honestly, Dirt late model racing would be well served to have Bruton take control of one of the 2 major series. If Forrest ever decides to get out of dirt late model racing, he should sell the lucas oil series to Bruton. He's one person who could not only save the sport but take it to a new level.
    Last edited by Stefan2k4; 10-24-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    Bruton Smith! The man is a master showman. He understands giving fans what they want and builds super nice motorsports facilities that are a pleasure to visit. His drag racing facilities are the best in the business. As a fan you get spoiled when you attend an event at one of his facilities. As a NHRA drag facing fan, there's a culture shock going from the NHRA events at Charlotte and Bristol to the NHRA owned facility in Commerce (Atlanta Dragway). The facilities at Bristol and Charlotte are on a whole other level and give you the feeling that the owner really cares about the fan experience. Honestly, Dirt late model racing would be well served to have Bruton take control of one of the 2 major series. If Forrest ever decides to get out of dirt late model racing, he should sell the lucas oil series to Bruton. He's one person who could not only save the sport but take it to a new level.
    Wow, you said a mouthful there.........nice post and I wholeheartedly agree.

Add Freddie rahmer

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Ernie dumb SOB. I had you on ignore so I would I know what you posted. As far as I see it your a laughing stock to a lot of folk. Enjoy your day fella.
    Are you sure I was on ignore? Or did you not update the list because you always wanna be “the first” or you get extremely butthurt... we can never tell...

I won’t attack your ignorance, as I was taught when I was younger to never beat up on the people like you with special needs... lmao

Add Kent Robinson to Lates.

Max Blair may be the most confusing late model driver ever. Doesn’t go to Pittsburgh which is maybe 3 hours from home at the most for 20k to win supers and 4K to win crates. But is now at charlotte for 3 days for 3k to win And going back next week for the world finals.

Default @dlm123

Max doesn’t even go to the Firecracker, and it’s like 45 minutes closer to home than the Pittsburgher.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Part of Max's deal with his motor sponsor is that he goes to Charlotte at the end of the year if all is going good.

I wouldn’t be surprise to see Kahne and Stewart there in sprint cars

Default Dale mc fan

Your prolly right. Stewart is usally there every yr. Pending caseys condition which I think he said he could dr sprint now might b there also
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I doubt Stewart goes. Says he’s not running with the outlaws because of the t shirt deal

Default Charlotte

Thinking about driving down for a mini trip .... Wife n I are looking at things to do along with this race .... From ohio we could stop in gatlinburg for a few days ....Anything else down near charlotte that my wife would enjoy .... I don't wanna make the whole trip about racing ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Thinking about driving down for a mini trip .... Wife n I are looking at things to do along with this race .... From ohio we could stop in gatlinburg for a few days ....Anything else down near charlotte that my wife would enjoy .... I don't wanna make the whole trip about racing ....
    Concord mills outlet mall at exit for track.

Highlands of NC are pretty cool ( Boone,grandfather mountain,blue ridge parkway ,etc.)....very nice scenery and mountain driving if you can drive in from Ohio that way.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 10-25-2018 at 11:05 PM.

My wife asked how much farther to the beach .... Id rather keep this a mini trip like going to the smokey ..... I guess if the weather & the racing is good we could do a few more days .... How does the track hold up with all the rubber .... Is it follow the leader ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    My wife asked how much farther to the beach .... Id rather keep this a mini trip like going to the smokey ..... I guess if the weather & the racing is good we could do a few more days .... How does the track hold up with all the rubber .... Is it follow the leader ....
    About 3-3.5 hrs to beach.