Thread: “Clean Air”

Default “Clean Air”

I get frustrated with the term. It’s a fact of life but don’t care for its impact on short track racing. Huge in NASCAR (who cares?), just watched a WOO winged sprint video and it determined the outcome to a big degree. When the leader can’t pass a lapped car on a good surface something is wrong. Not as pronounced in dirt late models and open motor modifieds but gets a lot of air time in victory lane nonetheless.
    I hate time trials.

Well that term don’t bother me as much when it comes to wing sprints use “ clean air/dirty air” term. for the last 40 something years Everyone knows they always relying on air down force on the wings. It makes since with them guy in clean air has down force on wings, the guy in dirty air is almost running a nonwing sprint.

I don’t like the big aero play going on with late models and mods. I look at this away if you want play with aero got to wingsprint, nascrap, Indy or gt prototype racing. Where they ran it up to multimillion dollars to have a competitive/state of art car.

It's been big in late models for 2-3 years. Watch most DoD driver post-race interviews and listen for the term "track position," just another term for "clean air." It's why re-starts have become treacherous like Nascar re-starts, they all know its the best opportunity to gain positions with how difficult following and passing is with today's late models.