Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default tech web site post

well , that post didnt last long , did you tell on them 7up?...lol seem to me though , if your not gone let them post as a business without paying , then the ones posting as a business selling new parts in the classified section should not be allowed as well , seems a little double standardish to me . which IDK if they tried to post there or not , so may be there fault......

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    well , that post didnt last long , did you tell on them 7up?...lol seem to me though , if your not gone let them post as a business without paying , then the ones posting as a business selling new parts in the classified section should not be allowed as well , seems a little double standardish to me . which IDK if they tried to post there or not , so may be there fault......
    My guess is they deleted it themselves (think that is possible, can't remember) just off bad press so to speak, since their other posts weren't deleted.

Classified section is a different story in my book.

You can try to delete this thread and find out if the OP can delete entire thread of not, lol.

dont matter to me one way or the other , didnt see a problem though ....I made the comment to them that i thought they should post in classified , as there were other businesses posting there and thought they might have , but guess not......hey billet , why dont me and you make some of them video,s and get rich...LOL

dont matter to me one way or the other , didnt see a problem though ....I made the comment to them that i thought they should post in classified , as there were other businesses posting there and thought they might have , but guess not......hey billet , why dont me and you make some of them video,s and get rich...LOL
    You should for sure!

Wasn't me! I was too busy trying not to blow up the spring smasher and the coilover assembly on it! Bump stops can be super annoying at times when one 1/8 shim puts you over the edge on the load you want but without it isn't quite right and your 1/16 shims aren't handy but then does it really matter lol. For some reason that whole post just annoyed me. There are alot of cherry pickers out there for people who need help and they wrap help up in a nice bow and stick a price tag on it. Same thing with the websites that cover racing these days. Oh well I'll just sip my coffee and try to figure out more ways to circumvent rules......Anyone seen some of Swifts new springs lol

How much is that service, anyone know, the Racer Know How stuff?

Didn't see a big problem with it, but i wish some of those sites, or any site for that matter would talk about some advanced subjects. Fluid dynamics, Aero Dynamics etc. If i were to pay for a service like that i would really like to hear some valid arguments by people that know, Engineers etc.

The best areo info i ever seen on a SLM was on you tube, and the guy actually was running a simulation in what looked like Anysis.

Just say no...

The best way to find Aero tricks is to see what new rules they make or what people get busted with then go do it. I get alot of aero tricks from asphalt these days. They are searching for thousandths of a second and have alot of SPEC panels but the areas they can work in is where you really see the innovation. Most people do things to change downforce, BUT have you ever thought about what changes you can make to change the SPEED in which the air flows across a panel??? Or how you can keep it clung to a panel, or when you have a slope change how to get it to flow back so it reconnects to a panel?

Agreed, its totally how you see things, for instance the new fuel cells, the angled lower portion. Most people believe thats for the weight, fuel fwd, and maybe it is but the kid in the you tube video showed how much of an aero impact that made behind the spoiler. The low pressure area behind the car, under the spoiler was huge, with a normal fuel cell adding suction drag. Also how much the Drivers head impacted the aero foot print on the spoiler.

I'll see if i can find the videos.

Just say no...

Yeah that's why you use to see the turtle shell behind the drivers seat. In the asphalt cars until they outlawed it, we would take sheet metal and behind the cell slant it back up to the deck lid to make a wedge, and instead of using angle to attach the doors to the braking we made these little deflectors that were braces and mounts until they outlawed that. We ran dished doors, Flared Skirts, they just cracked down on that. We ran the rear ends skewed for side force much like the cup cars. Right now the big things is duct work where you can let air in and use a duct to draw air back out of the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit which probably won't apply to dirt, We dish the deck lid behind the greenhouse on asphalt too and you run a slope instead of wedge on the nose of the asphalt mods to speed the air up across the nose

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Agreed, its totally how you see things, for instance the new fuel cells, the angled lower portion. Most people believe thats for the weight, fuel fwd, and maybe it is but the kid in the you tube video showed how much of an aero impact that made behind the spoiler. The low pressure area behind the car, under the spoiler was huge, with a normal fuel cell adding suction drag. Also how much the Drivers head impacted the aero foot print on the spoiler.

I'll see if i can find the videos.

7up , i have been on swift springs for years , the best in my opinion , dont know much about the new design yet , but it seems they all have to change something these days to claim new and improved to sell them , krom , i think it said like 9 bucks a month or 70 something a year......

I can't say on Modified I use Swift Much I had issues with them losing free height in the Conventional springs, Also did with Dracos But got new ones this year and haven't had the problem. I do use them on Dirt Late when they have something I need but have actually been fond of Eibach Lately On Conventional and Coil Over, I run Helix Stuff on the Mod and them and Draco have the newer Bigger ID to fit some of the Cup Helix Stiff. Just what I like who knows if it even matters lol
    7up , i have been on swift springs for years , the best in my opinion , dont know much about the new design yet , but it seems they all have to change something these days to claim new and improved to sell them , krom , i think it said like 9 bucks a month or 70 something a year......

That data (for the most part) might give you an idea but the model is no where close to correct on the Late model therefore the data is subject. The model needs to be exact, it's like just rough drawing an intake port and doing CFD on your head but have the combustion chamber and/or intake valve drawing inaccurate and expecting the CFD data to be correct to design the intake port.

Just my opinion, but because the model before the cell is inaccurate the air is not flowing like it actually would be before it hits the fuel cell (although there is a slim chance it could be or not different enough to skew results)

I can't see myself paying for info that I probably can't afford to work into my budget racing program. I've gathered enough info from here to become a solid bottom 1/3 of the pack racer.

that,s fine my friend , if that,s your goal , but for me , I still play to win , and with my budget , i have to gain knowledge any way I can.....

Thats not unreasonable, $70 ish a year. I will look into it closer.

Billet, i agree. I was looking at the QC housing, and how the flow went under it / around it smoothly. Its seems to me that the chunk there would be more disturbing to the flow under the car. Anyway as we say here at work garbage in / garbage out.

Although, some of it may be helpful to look at, take with a grain of salt type of thing.

Just say no...

How much is that service, anyone know, the Racer Know How stuff?

Didn't see a big problem with it, but i wish some of those sites, or any site for that matter would talk about some advanced subjects. Fluid dynamics, Aero Dynamics etc. If i were to pay for a service like that i would really like to hear some valid arguments by people that know, Engineers etc.

The best areo info i ever seen on a SLM was on you tube, and the guy actually was running a simulation in what looked like Anysis.
    $9.95 per month... I subscribed and the scaling videos are worth that alone... gets back to basics and bad habits we might fall into after knowing it all...

That said after a couple months they had better step up the volume of videos if they want folks to stay as customers.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

That video is fine until you have another car around you.... then all that fancy data goes out the window.

Ive been a trucker for 46 years... now i drive a late model aero typ truck but for years i owned two Long nose Peterbilts. All the aero gains and other bs that are pushed by the truck makers is just that when you are running down the road with other vehicles around you.

This week my fancy KW got 6.3 mpg... my long nose Pete average 6.4 over the 1,000,000 miles i owned it.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

What is the website you guys are referring to? I'd like to have a look.Thanks

Just like my aluminum f150 platinum with the twin turbo v6 is supposed to get amazing mileage ... get the same exact 12.6 as my 2010 and 2012 steel body with the 5.4 v8 got .... now the motor runs WAY better but still 12.6 mpg lol