Default Oppions on a cut bar on a Rocket

I have recently been looking at Blue Gray Rocket Crate car that is for sale. Id like to get some oppions on what I found on it. I found two bars that has been cut and I was wondering if it car that I need to stay away from or its a car that would set the world on fire. The first bar is the rear of the car, it is on the bottom of the frame. it runs cross ways on the frame. its under the fuel cell. It is the brass bar for when the drop bars are on the car. The second is the bottom bar that runs cross ways on the drivers screen that connects to the pole running from the top of the roll cage.
    Last edited by strong08; 10-03-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Never saw brass on a dirt car.

Define drop bars...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

What i am calling a drop bar is the removable bars that go under the axle.

I believe he means brace bar. The one that runs side to side below and forward of the fuel cell.
    As for the other one I can't figure out what he means by drivers screen.

Racer2e-That is the bar i am talking. The screen i am talking about the bars that is in front of the driver to protect him. The ones that are there to keep big objects from hitting the driver.

I'm assuming you mean these bars have been cut, but not removed from the car. Personally I would stay away from it. It was likely done in order to increase flex. That's all well and good for the short term, but it is going to increase how quickly the car fatigues and may have exasperated cracking issues with car. From a performance stand point the newer cars appear to be much stiffer than the B/G cars were baseline so cutting tubes/ braces out of them has never made a lot of sense to me.

In the event that you would decide to purchase the car I would first go over it very closely looking for weld repairs/ cracks. If everything checks out I would likely fix those tubes that were cut before racing it. Just my $0.02.

The rear bar isn't hurting anything but also doesn't make much sense to be cut unless this is a short car and it was done for clearance issues. If your referring to the rock board bars that protect the driver they have no structural value that part of the car is not supposed to flex for driver safety reasons . But if it is cut partially or fully it is certainly not as safe as it was before. These cars are pretty good pieces without cutting on them. I've heard of other brands that responded well to cutting a particular bar but i can't say I've ever heard of it on a rocket especially the later blue greys. I would stay away unless some very logical reasons could be explained for the cutting. And flex wouldn't be a acceptable reason

Plenty of these cars popping up for sale, I'd steer clear of this one unless you know its history and it came with the flat plate front crossmember...or has been updated. These cars all crack at the welds as they flex. Good repairs done in a timely manner make the difference. Pay particular attention to the inside top of the 2x2 for the panhard bar, UCArm uprights Everywhere near the rf. And anywhere you see rust, repaint @ a weld.
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 10-04-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by strong08 View Post
    What i am calling a drop bar is the removable bars that go under the axle.
    Drop Bar=Belly Bar In your original post...."brass"???? Cross?

I checked the serial number on this car. I hate to but out there who orignally owned the car but i am going to see if it clears anything up. I was orignally owned by Corey Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and he sold it to a friend and that is who owns it now.
    Last edited by strong08; 10-04-2018 at 03:17 PM.