Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just a quick thought, make Friday double heats with passing points? A big track where you can pass, shouldn't be a problem. I know car count is kind of low, if Midway wasn't running I am sure that would help car count.

Would give you more racing for your dollar.

What Dougan1640 ^^^ Said.

For instance USA Nationals at Cedar Lake. $6000 To Win Night 1 and it's a WOO point race. Night 2 is time trials and heats, no pay. $50,000 To Win Night 3 and there is 2-B-Main, 1-LC Qualifier and the 100 Lap A-Main. Just pay $10,000 To Win Night 1, $20,000 Night 2, $30,000 Night 3. Full Points each night with time trials, heats, B-Mains, A-Main. 40 Lap A-Main, 60 Lap A-Main, 80 Lap A-Main for the 3 nights.

from this fans perspective ppms is about 5 1/2 hours from me if it was a 1 day show or a 2 day with complete programs boths nights id likely make the trip more years than not. however under the current format ive never even considered going for a split show that i gotta spend 60-100 on a hotel plus 2 nights admission for 1 race

Doesn’t look like anybody’s in any type of hurry to go racing tonight...

Whats the weather look like

Its postponed until tomorrow. Starts at 2:00 Eastern time.

Don’t even think McCreadie ever even showed up

What does McCreadie do now? Race for 20k to win or race for 50k to win.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Still not a fan of the 2 day shows
    100% agree! When the big shows around me went to the 2-day format, I quit attending.

Unfortunately the only big late model shows I usually make it to are the Firecracker and one Lucas show, usually the Pittsburgher. I forgot about this from last year but this is a $50 ticket. They say right on their website, general admission is $50 and it's good for Friday and Saturday nights. If you can't make it Friday sorry, it's still $50 for Saturday. Is this a common thing for other Lucas shows or just a PPMS thing? Seems pretty steep for 32 cars and it could also explain the reluctance to go to a 1 day show...at least 1-1/2 times the concessions and still $50 for those who only come Saturday.

Hillbilly has it right. Cut the gimmicks. 1 night. $50k. Light the fires and kick the tires. May the best racer win.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 10-06-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KDCHRLMNGE View Post
    Unfortunately the only big late model shows I usually make it to are the Firecracker and one Lucas show, usually the Pittsburgher. I forgot about this from last year but this is a $50 ticket. They say right on their website, general admission is $50 and it's good for Friday and Saturday nights. If you can't make it Friday sorry, it's still $50 for Saturday. Is this a common thing for other Lucas shows or just a PPMS thing? Seems pretty steep for 32 cars and it could also explain the reluctance to go to a 1 day show...at least 1-1/2 times the concessions and still $50 for those who only come Saturday.
    Up to each event promoter to set ticket prices and policies.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Hillbilly has it right. Cut the gimmicks. 1 night. $50k. Light the fires and kick the tires. May the best racer win.
    Glad you edited that thought u might be drunk for a minate 😂😂😂
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

The best late model drivers in the country are here minus 2-3 there’s 15-20 lates in the pits that could win races like this one!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Glad you edited that thought you might be drunk for a minute 
    Fixed yours too 😉😉😉

So the logic I’m hearing from yall is if what, if there were 42 cars it would be worth a 2 day show? Really? Or 52? Why don’t we just have a one night show with 5 features and 4 of them are passing point features 20 laps each all to qualify for the 100 lap show(5th race... so exciting!!!! Then, the most guys to pass the most cars in those 4 heats tally up points to qualify them for the main event. It would be like the points chase then the he best finishers from those races go to the playoffs (100 lap feature)That way all the fans get to see so much more racing. Cus it’s all about more races. Racing racing racing. It don’t even have to make sense like Nasacar. We could do segments!!! That way all you ADHD millennials from the suburbs can stay engaged. Pop some pills a go racin. Yeah!!!!!!!!! Just keep dumbing it up for all us old school guys. Gotta evolve and appease the masses screw the loyal fans.im fed up with all you babies. Bunch of little babies

Quote Originally Posted by Dougan1640 View Post
    Just a quick thought, make Friday double heats with passing points? A big track where you can pass, shouldn't be a problem. I know car count is kind of low, if Midway wasn't running I am sure that would help car count.

Would give you more racing for your dollar.
    Midway not running might have netted 2-4 more cars. Pittsburgh is a big engine, hard on equipment venue. Most of the guys running the MOV don't have a big track bullet to run the 5/8. Mineral Wells has been closed for 5 years, so no one needs that kind of engine. Moran might've shown. The Moyers chose to run against the KY locals at Burnside. Hard to say who else would have shown up.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

I keep hearing about this big track, hard on engine stuff. I don't buy it. Back in the day, they ran WVMS and Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Motor Speedway with engines that were built in back yard garages and nowhere near as refined as they are now. And they still ran fast, raced and won. I just don't buy that argument. Just my opinion.

Back in the day you speak of heat races were 20-21 second laps here and you had to lift every corner or you would knock the fence down ... bloomer hit 16.9’s in his heat and now if you lift you get lapped ... YES that is very hard on motors