Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So Mastersbilt Racer gets banned for saying some guy who Krom talked to is full of cr*p? Come on ModJr1... that's pretty lame!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    So Mastersbilt Racer gets banned for saying some guy who Krom talked to is full of cr*p? Come on ModJr1... that's pretty lame!
    i was curious what got him banned... Surely they deleted what he got banned for if it was that bad

I agree powerslide , swapped a lot of info with masters over the years , i have never saw him out of line , especially compared to some of the other BS that gets a pass on here.....how about an explanation please?

Yeah thats really lame 4m.net

MBR is a great contributor in the Tech section.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    i was curious what got him banned...
    He knows what post it was, but he's not sure why that drew a ban. Anyways he got 30 days for it. (I think it was about a promoter, not that it was bad just something about one probably like saying something about rocket or another sponsor of the website.)

wow , i guess i better go back and read the rules , im bad about skipping over stuff......

Thumbs up

Yes my 2016 pierce car that I cut all of the mounts off and changed everything in my garage with a jig saw , tubing bender a welder and drill press with a standard bore 430 and 3 differnt brands of shocks, never been on a pulldown rig or anything just done wig plumb bombs angle finders and string lines that I have raced a total of 6 times now including eldora..... completely on my own to decide every adjustment and completely on my own to pay every bill while running a company that takes 70-80 hours a week of my time. What’s described above is definitely double the equipment most people take to eldora ..... yes considering all of that I was clearly the odds on favorite to take home the globe ..... it’s amazing I didn’t win that race ....

Huck, if you did all that on your own, you have my complete respect. Wow.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Cant use quotes, but Billet i have heard some strange things about Bloomquist. My brother watches him like a Hawk and he says he has brake bias / shut offs on all 4 corners. I dont know thou, obvously he is a special breed so who knows.

Im not much of an arguing type of guy, most of the guys i talk to tell me these type of things and i just nod and agree but in my mind i always wonder where reality fits in.
    Bloomy been using 4 wheel brake cutoffs since before “On the hook” was a thing. He has lots of little details that set his cars apart.

A good friend of mine, several years ago, put 4 wheel brake cutoffs on an asphalt car and wore them out.Im not saying that was what made him so dominant, but it definitelty helped. He also had different sized calipers on all 4 corners. I posted that on here as a possibility for dirt cars, and of course was scoffed at.

You have to understand people's depth, as i call it. Some Drivers can drive a race car and cant ever tell you anything, some can pin point a shock being maladjusted (Bloomquist). You could have 4 corner bias valves on some Drivers cars and they could never tell you anything different, or ever adjust them. Some guys can go out there and dial it right in. Doesnt make the idea right or wrong, or the end all be all either. Although in some hands it can make all the difference.

Same way with new inventions, Rumley device, i am sure a lot of people said it will never work...

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    You have to understand people's depth, as i call it. Some Drivers can drive a race car and cant ever tell you anything, some can pin point a shock being maladjusted (Bloomquist). You could have 4 corner bias valves on some Drivers cars and they could never tell you anything different, or ever adjust them. Some guys can go out there and dial it right in. Doesnt make the idea right or wrong, or the end all be all either. Although in some hands it can make all the difference.

Same way with new inventions, Rumley device, i am sure a lot of people said it will never work...
    I worked with Buck Simmons during his drive for a 1000+ wins on the John Deere car. He had always been my hero growing up as he is from the same general area in Georgia I'm from. Another friend of mines dad was tapped to be the crew chief that I worked with at Carrera Racing shocks and he knew how much I idolized Buck and asked if I wanted to be their shock guy. I of course jumped at the chance and for the next 2 seasons we raced together, 2002-2003. I expected Buck to be sharp on chassis or tires or all of the above with all the races he'd won, something like 995 wins, when I cam along, but he wasnt. Buck had many many tools in his drivers tool box, but setup and working on the car wasn't included in that. Now he could take the car out for exactly (1) lap and tell you where it was good or bad and exactly how it was performing, but he left what to do to it up to somebody else. He taught me a lot about driving and the psychological end of things, the head games, but nada about the cars. I've met very few drivers that could actually tune the cars effectively, which is why when people ask who's gonna fill Bloomquist or Moyer's shoes, I draw a blank. The number of guys who drive as well as they set the cars is up is miniscule to be certain. It was the same way when I kart raced, most were clueless on proper setup or tuning.

Today we have Davenport/Rumley together is formidable, but apart, less so. Bobby Pierce and his dad are pretty strong together, but apart not so much. Bloomquist has had many top notch crewchiefs, once he had (2) of the best at once, but regardless of who's turning his wrenches he rises to the occasion 9 times outta 10.

I got off topic, but it was something I wanted to share. I don't believe there is or can be a magic perfect formula for setting stagger on a DLM, even if you had NASA or GM or Delphi in your pit. The reason why is that you can't include all those sensors needed to measure the cars attitude under actual racing conditions, its illegal and testing would only get you so far because the surface won't be the same the next time you race on it. In cup the surfaces stay static for long periods of time unless they repave it so you can't use data acquisition and a multi-post rig to mimic the cars attitude in a lab environment and be precise. Dirt is different week to week depending weather, the water truck driver and the motor grader. You in many ways see a different track every time you go out, so data acquisition would be of limited help. This is also what makes dirt racing the best, you never can completely master it, like a woman always changing. Just enjoy the ride.

That’s what makes this game sooo interesting and soo hard. When you start from scratch on a suspension you have a million variables , literally everything is up in the air. Then racing at different facilities on completely different surfaces. Trying to figure literally everything out in 300 laps total at 4 different tracks on everything from dead slick to wide open. Oh yeah and only run special events where everyone has an xr1 , longhorn , club29 , Bloomquist etc etc . Oh and I almost forgot race against guys who run twice as many laps in February as I do all year and I don’t start until August when they already had all year to get dialed in. That challenge is what I love about racing. Obviously it would be much easier to buy an XR1 and hire a consultant but honestly I wouldn’t take pride in that. I’ve been putting cars together from the ground up since I was 10 , I have never bought one that was together , building it and trying to figure it out is the part that makes it fun. The results have not shown yet but it is getting better the problem is everyone else is getting better too and to actually show improvement you have to improve to where they were and beyond where they got at the same time. I love this $hit I just wish I had more time for it

cage , ole buck was a character , i thought a lot of him as well , i think the last time i saw him was in the years you mentioned at talladega , dont he have a grandson thats racing now?

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    cage , ole buck was a character , i thought a lot of him as well , i think the last time i saw him was in the years you mentioned at talladega , dont he have a grandson thats racing now?
    He has a son that he had late in life, LOL. I can't remember his name, he was maybe 4 when I saw him last. He use to wear a matching fire suit to Buck's when he came to the track. Buck was a player right to the end, I learned many life lessons in my time with Buck and he still owes me a half a dozen cheeseburgers, but that's another story.