Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don Oneal

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Wasn't it mentioned on here somewhere that they were peeling the Peak decals off the hauler at eldora? Selling a hauler maybe?
    That’s a brand new hauler that rolled out of S&S in May. When I saw it at Knoxville, I don’t even think it had any stickers on it(neither did Lanigans). Bowyer turns over those haulers quickly, but not that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    By winning the Lucas championship this season, Davenport is eligible to get $1,000 per event travel money next season if he follows the Lucas tour. The WOO only gives $500 per event.

Now do you really think he will change tours next season????
    This discussion comes up every year with JD. He’s the defending champ, he’s gonna run Lucas. He did the same thing in 2016 after the 2015 season. And that’s why he ran those Lucas races the first part of 2017. It’s all in the tow money..... $1000 for being the defending champ. $700 and then an additional $100 for each championship.

"It’s all in the tow money..... $1000 for being the defending champ. $700 and then an additional $100 for each championship."

I have never looked into this type of thing before so i don't know. Does this mean he will get $900/race or $1900/ race?

He gets a $1000 this year for being the champion. Last year and part of 2017 he got $800 for being a past champion. If he doesn’t win the title in 2019. He would then get $900 for being a multi pass champion.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and assume they probably really aren't totally relying on that money to get up and down the road too much. I'm sure it's a nice little bonus for them though...
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 10-17-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    But you will still get on a DTWC thread and tell us Bloomquist has it all rapped up. hahahahaha
    Absolutely he should be the odds on favorite this weekend. I never said he couldn't still dominate big races, I said run for the championship. HE seems to have lost a bit of interest in the race to race requirements to win another championship. Too many self inflicted shots/smile

B Shep and Bloom have to be the favorites this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Absolutely he should be the odds on favorite this weekend. I never said he couldn't still dominate big races, I said run for the championship. HE seems to have lost a bit of interest in the race to race requirements to win another championship. Too many self inflicted shots/smile

B Shep and Bloom have to be the favorites this weekend.
    If I were betting, I'd put Owens in the mix as well.

I haven’t thought once about considering bloomquist this weekend. Not sure how he could be thought of as a favorite to win

Sometimes he wins the ones you least expect him to by the way he's been running previously. I think last year he was running towards the front and had to pit for a flat. Year before he was 11th and then he won it in 2014 and 2015. I'm pretty sure had it not been for the day racing last week at Eldora he probably would been more of a threat to win.

Jimmy Owen's would have to be a favorite, as well as Tmac for this weekend.

thanks husker.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    By winning the Lucas championship this season, Davenport is eligible to get $1,000 per event travel money next season if he follows the Lucas tour. The WOO only gives $500 per event.

Now do you really think he will change tours next season????
    Do we really think Landers and Martin are concerned with tow $$? I don't see them changing regardless. I did hear that Woo is paying more.

I think a sponsors Gold Card pays for most of the road expenses with these top notch teams.

I have a syphon hose all set to go for 2019.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I am by no means a Bloomie fan but I know enough about him to know he may well find his way into the first or second row and be leading the race. He was dominating two years ago but he had trouble and dropped back. Last year I don't remember and as was said won it the two years previous.

I’m just curious why anyone thinks lanigan and O’Neal is contenders anymore??

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Do we really think Landers and Martin are concerned with tow $$? I don't see them changing regardless. I did hear that Woo is paying more.
    The tow money is added to the purse. I am sure Davenport gets a certain percentage of the purse. So the driver would have a say as to which series they decide to run

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and assume they probably really aren't totally relying on that money to get up and down the road too much. I'm sure it's a nice little bonus for them though...
    I dunno mdf.....that would pay for the hauler, but.... in tmacs case, not a driver!

DO we really think Landers are Martin are concerned about THE TOW MONEY ? Do you realize how many races these guys run each year ? At a 1000 an event, come on man, quit smoking that funny government weed.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I dunno mdf.....that would pay for the hauler, but.... in tmacs case, not a driver!
    I was referring to Landers

Landers has crashed Morings stuff all 3 times he raced it. He wont be back in it in 2019!