Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default '03 Mastersbilt build suggestions.

Last week I picked up a bare '03 square tube MB Smackdown. Got the interior tin and a partial body.

This will be a future project but I'd like to know what front end and rear 4 bar brackets you would use...S7? GenX?

I'll raise the x member and right rail.

Thanks.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Last week I picked up a bare '03 square tube MB Smackdown. Got the interior tin and a partial body.

This will be a future project but I'd like to know what front end and rear 4 bar brackets you would use...S7? GenX?

I'll raise the x member and right rail.

Thanks.
    Remove dash cover, throw the rest away and install new frame and body and reinstall dash cover.......

Some one was gonna say it......might as well be me that gives you crap.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 06-21-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Is that you Blackie?
    Class of 2019

Looking at the interior tin it will take me three years just to figure out what goes where!!!

What can a guy expect for $200.00...
    Class of 2019

I made a deal with the PO to buy all the front suspension, hubs, spindles, steering rack and shaft and some other bolt ons... we'll go from there I guess.

I did some measuring comparing this car to my '95 wide combo... the front x member is two inches higher at 9 1/4" (top of frame rail to the bottom of the rack plate) compared to my older car at 11 1/4" Big difference. I'll have to modify the right side rail to keep it out of the dirt.

BBC... do you still have a pic of a modified square tube MB frame rail? You posted one several years ago on The Dirt Forum...

BTW... since my old car has quite a bit of local history my buddies have convinced me to get it back together and show it at area car shows and drag it to the track for HoF nights... stuff like that. Going to put it back to it's original 1995 colors and sponsors. When new the car was driven by MJ McBride at Shawano and some WISSOTA stuff. MJ ran at Shawano for 40 years and never missed a Saturday night race... pretty amazing...
    Class of 2019

I made a deal with the PO to buy all the front suspension, hubs, spindles, steering rack and shaft and some other bolt ons... we'll go from there I guess.

I did some measuring comparing this car to my '95 wide combo... the front x member is two inches higher at 9 1/4" (top of frame rail to the bottom of the rack plate) compared to my older car at 11 1/4" Big difference. I'll have to modify the right side rail to keep it out of the dirt.

BBC... do you still have a pic of a modified square tube MB frame rail? You posted one several years ago on The Dirt Forum...

BTW... since my old car has quite a bit of local history my buddies have convinced me to get it back together and show it at area car shows and drag it to the track for HoF nights... stuff like that. Going to put it back to it's original 1995 colors and sponsors. When new the car was driven by MJ McBride at Shawano and some WISSOTA stuff. MJ ran at Shawano for 40 years and never missed a Saturday night race... pretty amazing...
    Think this might be what you where talking about: RR rail for tire clearance

This is a top view, IE from above car

Right frame rail behind RF tire is:

Last edited by billetbirdcage; 07-06-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Yep...already did the rear rail on my '95 a few years ago. Thanks for posting this BBC...I'm a visual kinda guy (too dumb to just guess)!

One more thing... MB talks about setting the rear in the car using 90/10 plates. Are those just a sheet metal or aluminum plate bolted to the hub via the whel studs to have a solid place to measure from?
    Last edited by Krooser; 07-06-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    Class of 2019

Yep...already did the rear rail on my '95 a few years ago. Thanks for posting this BBC...I'm a visual kinda guy (too dumb to just guess)!

One more thing... MB talks about setting the rear in the car using 90/10 plates. Are those just a sheet metal or aluminum plate bolted to the hub via the whel studs to have a solid place to measure from?
    Sheets bolted to the rear end bell for a shock mount.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Found a 3' chunk of 2x2 .083 left over from the '95 chassis fix... in stock no waiting.

This chassis came from Pat Doar's shop and i was told he ran it in WoO comp when new... time for the legend to continue...hahaha!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Krooser; 07-07-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Sheets bolted to the rear end bell for a shock mount.
    Ok... didnt think of that. Thanks as usual.
    Class of 2019

[QUOTE=Krooser;2199415]Found a 3' chunk of 2x2 .083 left over from the '95 chassis fix... in stock no waiting.

This chassis came from Pat Doar's shop and i was told he ran it in WoO comp when new... time for the legend to continue...hahaha![/QUOTE

Pic wont post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Class of 2019

Does that 03 have the spear rod mount on the RR? I could send you a spear rod. Would be funny if Krooser got dq on week 1.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Pic wont post
    upload to imgur.com

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Does that 03 have the spear rod mount on the RR? I could send you a spear rod. Would be funny if Krooser got dq on week 1.
    Funny you say that... i just bought a spear rod from a guy in WV for $5.00 plus shipping... i think it is legal up here...

Maybe use that and your straight track bar bolted to thr right side in place of the j bar.... i love to experiment.
    Class of 2019

Since on MB topic, what's up with them? Their site is down but casebolt is running one with one of the brothers help. They going out, scaling down, change website, etc? We've got a couple and some questions but can't call them without a number or info on site

812-793-3666.

They certainly don't put much value in an online presence...barely answer the phone.
    Class of 2019

Appreciate it kroozer. He must have correct number cause said they haven't returned call and it's a 15 chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Appreciate it kroozer. He must have correct number cause said they haven't returned call and it's a 15 chassis
    Really a shame they dont care about customer service.
    Class of 2019

It isn't a matter of not caring. I was just there last week. Tader is now sole owner. He is in FULL rebuild mode.
    They don't have the staff right now to have somebody sitting by the phone but that will likely change soon.
    Keep calm. MasterSbilt ain't dead yet.

Thats good, seems like there new Chasiss is pretty fast.

Hopefully he can rebuild and get back to selling a lot of chassis.

Just say no...