Thread: Dome race

Default Dome race

Saw a tweet today from Cody saying he got a message from the director of ticket sales and the suites are all sold out. Apparently it had never been done before even when the Rams were there.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Saw a tweet today from Cody saying he got a message from the director of ticket sales and the suites are all sold out. Apparently it had never been done before even when the Rams were there.
    The Rams sold out every game from 1995 to 2006. Now at the end, perhaps they did not sell all suites.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The Rams sold out every game from 1995 to 2006. Now at the end, perhaps they did not sell all suites.
    Maybe director meant since he had been there... maybe he meant other than the rams and was misunderstood, maybe he just meant a d@m long time like 12 years.

Pretty d@m cool and impressive regardless and a great call to get as a promoter I'm sure. I really wish i was heading to the Dome this year. With the addition of midgets, just makes it that much more of much see for fans of diverse tastes in dirt racing.
    "The Wise One"

The ticket director has been there at least 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Is there a site to see who is preregistered?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I would have never thought that........learned something today.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Maybe they should race by NFL football rules??? You pass a car and get wrecked, you get a penalty for roughing the passer. hahahahahaaa

I wish I had time tango up there I would like to see a 55 mph race

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Is there a site to see who is preregistered?
    Not sure how up to date these are.

Super lates registered drivers - http://www.gatewaydirt.com/slm2018/

Midget invited drivers - http://www.gatewaydirt.com/midget2018/

Modified invited drivers - http://www.gatewaydirt.com/owm2018/

Quote Originally Posted by i like racing View Post
    Not sure how up to date these are.

Super lates registered drivers - http://www.gatewaydirt.com/slm2018/

Midget invited drivers - http://www.gatewaydirt.com/midget2018/

Modified invited drivers - http://www.gatewaydirt.com/owm2018/
    Thanks for the reply. I know not everyone will be there, but that's a good list of drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I wish I had time tango up there I would like to see a 55 mph race
    The wind off of it is fierce!!!!!

The midgets will have the star power if in fact CBell, Kyle Larson, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Donnie Schatz, Sammy Swindell, Kody Swanson, Justin Allgaier and Chase Briscoe, among others who have been invited actually accept the invitations and show up. Unfortunately it remains to be revealed who among the midget drivers have accepted their invitations. Regardless of who actually show's up this track should be conducive to some great midget action! They could easily be the stars of the entire event.

Names in green are confirmed coming I believe. I know Sheldon haudenschild is trying to get somthing lined up

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The midgets will have the star power if in fact CBell, Kyle Larson, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Donnie Schatz, Sammy Swindell, Kody Swanson, Justin Allgaier and Chase Briscoe, among others who have been invited actually accept the invitations and show up. Unfortunately it remains to be revealed who among the midget drivers have accepted their invitations. Regardless of who actually show's up this track should be conducive to some great midget action! They could easily be the stars of the entire event.
    Tim McCreadie will be there in a Jim Neuman owned midget and will be in the same car at the Chili Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    Tim McCreadie will be there in a Jim Neuman owned midget and will be in the same car at the Chili Bowl.
    Really? What happened to the Andy Bondio deal? Nothing against Jim, he's got great equipment and is competitive but Tim was VERY tough in the Bondio #47 at The Chili Bowl.

Didn't mean to leave Tim out of the list but we acknowledged him in another thread in another section here in regards to him being invited to drive a midget at the dome. It would be very cool if he could pull off the win at the Gateway Nationals, especially against this lineup of very high caliber competition, that is if they all show up.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Really? What happened to the Andy Bondio deal? Nothing against Jim, he's got great equipment and is competitive but Tim was VERY tough in the Bondio #47 at The Chili Bowl.

Didn't mean to leave Tim out of the list but we acknowledged him in another thread in another section here in regards to him being invited to drive a midget at the dome. It would be very cool if he could pull off the win at the Gateway Nationals, especially against this lineup of very high caliber competition, that is if they all show up.
    Timmy hasn’t been tough in a Bondio midget for a few years... those cars are so tricked out that I believe they are impossible to set up properly... always pulling wheelies... midget racing went back to more normal looking midgets the last 5 years or so and I think Tim will be way better off in a normal car, just like the Hawk car he won in...

I would agree, McCreadie didn't get in the Chili Bowl Saturday night A-main last January but the years prior he's been right in the thick of things in the Race of Champions, his prelim night and on Saturday night and that's pretty special since the best of the best of the best are at The Chili Bowl.

Anyway, we wish Tim all the luck in the world (no pun intended) as he goes forward in his new ride at both the dome and at The Chili Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    Wonder if Brian Shirley will pull double duty that weekend? I believe he is also in a Neuman owned midget for the Chilli Bowl.
    8/13/16

Like to see pierce pull triple duty by getting a midget ride also even though I hate push & flips