Thread: Cooling fan

Default Cooling fan

With the GM 405442 fan being discontinued what fans is everybody using?Is thier anything even comparable to the GM fan

Get the fan with the replaceable air foils, Race Fan i think its called. I know its pricey but its well worth it.

If you have cooling problems that fan is worth about 30 degrees, we lived it.

I do think Keyser is reproducing the GM 4 blader, you may look at their website.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Get the fan with the replaceable air foils, Race Fan i think its called. I know its pricey but its well worth it.If you have cooling problems that fan is worth about 30 degrees, we lived it.I do think Keyser is reproducing the GM 4 blader, you may look at their website.
    Be aware with the race fan. They brake blades witch are replaceable but it is these broken blades that have in turn caused many of the water pump failures we'r have seen this year. We currently run them because their doesn't seem to be a better option right now but we have been through at least 3 blades this year in roughly 20 races with a super

Check out the GPS Max Air 17" six blade fans. I know those fans finished first and second in the Wissota Challenge Series this year. They have also been run by several of the top Lucas Oil and WOODLM teams with great success. You can get them at GorsuchPerformanceSolutions.com or talk to Bloomquist, Pierce, Capital, Rocket, Longhorn, Black Diamond, Rocket or Barry Wright. They all sell them and have them in stock. They are a little more money but when you figure they are lasting longer than the steel GM fans and will not break your water pump or cause you to DNF, they will save you time and money.
    Last edited by GPSracer; 10-19-2018 at 03:29 PM.