Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zack Dohm

Default Zack Dohm

When are one of the big teams gonna give this young man a chance? All he does is show up in the top 5 of every big money event he runs. He has proven many times he can run with the best in the sport. Would be nice to see him get a chance to jump in the seat of of big name team.

No doubt. I bet he would do better than Bronson and spend nearly what he does. Oh wait, he already does

Unfortunately there are many more talented drivers out there than there are big name teams.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Unfortunately there are many more talented drivers out there than there are big name teams.
    True. And even though the economy is looking better. It still won't change the ratio of big name teams to drivers.

He would have to be faster during laps 0-75 before I would consider him too strongly. All his success is also in one car.

These 100 lappers are not won on lap 0-75... This guy consistently shows that he has the mettle to run with the top teams in the sport (with a fraction of funding). So using one chassis disqualifies him from that consideration? You stay with what works and suits your style. Dohm's have driven Swartz for a number of years... Should we disqualify Bloomer and Richards because they use one car?

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    He would have to be faster during laps 0-75 before I would consider him too strongly. All his success is also in one car.
    What does the 100 lappers pay for laps 0-75? And more guys should stay in one car. He has had the same car for I believe 1-2 years, possibly more. And he doesn’t have one of the new wide bore motors.

As Andrews said, do we disqualify Bloomer, Richards, JD, Sheppard, and so on for having their success in one brand? Of course not. Find what works and stick with it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Winner...…..Dumbest post in awhile, a long while.

This isn’t how racing works it’s not spend 100k run 5th spend 200k and win. He’s getting 100% out of what he has , being down on power actual helps when it gets slick. No doubt the dude is very impressive with his finishes in 100 lap races but there is zero guarantee that a massive influx of cash is going to produce vastly superior performances

He’s an engineer, so go figure...

Down on power? The guy qualified 6th at Eldora when the track record was broken. I mean he has been fast with the EXACT same chassis. Wasn't nearly as fast before that.

He got 1 worn out standard bore Vic Hill engine, the only engine he's ever had. I would say he's down on power compared to Bshep.

I pointed out reasonable, data based observations why I am not sold yet. That's all. I have seen quite a few guys fly with one car and never replicate the success. Now days, it's even harder than ever.

Zack did say in an article that the older car is fast and they couldn’t get the newer one to go ... at least that’s what I got
    From the article

I was never saying more money would make him win the world instead of finish 5th. I'm saying given what he has accomplished, he's earned the right to be considered for such rides. But let's be honest, in this sport, more so than ever, more money never hurts.

I pointed out reasonable, data based observations why I am not sold yet. That's all. I have seen quite a few guys fly with one car and never replicate the success. Now days, it's even harder than ever.
    Dohm won the Butterball or some other big Richmond special in his brother’s 525 crate car a few years back. He also won some races in Tracy Seymour’s car, which I believe was a Rocket. Zach is not a one trick pony.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

The Seymour car actually proves my point. I saw him race that car a lot. He was pretty decent. I think the guy is a decent racer. I don't think he is a Lucas regular.I have seen him race that crate car when it was a super too. He was a top 5 car in a 3k to win race kinda guy.My point about laps 0-75 is if you are too far back, then, you can't win the race being a catfish. It takes a Bobby performance to do that.
    Last edited by RaceEngineer; 10-23-2018 at 06:19 PM.

I bet he'd finish better than Lanigan Bronson & Zeigler did

The Seymour car actually proves my point. I saw him race that car a lot. He was pretty decent. I think the guy is a decent racer. I don't think he is a Lucas regular.
    I don’t see him doing either big series. He’s a father with young kids. The Regional pick and choose schedule makes too much sense with his situation. Other problem is the Regional rides in the MOV are largely gone. Unless someone bankrolls a new team I just don’t know who else out there in the MOV is going to put him behind the wheel.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

The Seymour car actually proves my point. I saw him race that car a lot. He was pretty decent. I think the guy is a decent racer. I don't think he is a Lucas regular.I have seen him race that crate car when it was a super too. He was a top 5 car in a 3k to win race kinda guy.My point about laps 0-75 is if you are too far back, then, you can't win the race being a catfish. It takes a Bobby performance to do that.
    A "Bobby performance?" If you mean tearing up equipment I can understand it. Bobby tears up more in a month than Dohm has torn up in two years lol. I saw a Bobby performance Sunday afternoon first hand... wasn't much of a show to be honest. Meanwhile the guy this post is about calmly worked his way to another top 5 in a crowned jewel event. You've clearly missed the point of this post.